Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Just got the email saying I’m in this alpha. I’m a bit nervous about ping since I play from Asia, but I’ll see how it goes when I get back to my computer tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
How’s the performance been for you guys? I have a 1070 and one of the newer Intel chips, but it’s an alpha...

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I tried last night (my time) and couldn’t get into a game, but I’ll give it another shot in a few minutes. Just going to go get a cup of coffee.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Any tips for best practices on actually getting a match? I haven’t gotten past the “Match Found. Loading Map...” screen yet. Trying to play on US West, always picking Mission 1 since I figure that’ll have the most people.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Regrettable posted:

Not really. It takes awhile to load though and will go through several different screens while loading.

How long is a while? Trying to figure out if I should cut my losses at some point, leave the lobby and re-queue for a game. I’ve been on that match found loading map screen for ten minutes now, for instance.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Regrettable posted:

Yeah, that's way too long. It takes usually takes about 2 minutes once it's found a match. Finding a match usually takes from a few seconds to a minute but sometimes it can take longer.

e: What CPU are you using? We've had a few people in the Discord who can take several minutes to load in after the match has started and I think that might be the main factor.

i5-8400. I cut my losses after a while and tried again but still couldn’t get into a game. I can reliably get to that map loading screen but no further.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Regrettable posted:

The base frequency on that is only 2.8Ghz and this game seems to really want higher CPU clock speeds. It might not be initiating the Turbo Boost for some reason.

Fair, it is an alpha. I’ll keep trying—I want to see how it actually goes when I get into a match—but if I need to hold off on this until they’ve done more optimization work then oh well.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Cool, I’ll try Europe when I get the chance and be more aggressive about leaving/retrying when it just sticks me at the map loading screen.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
On solo vs. duo: the game definitely feels more set up for two. I had a lot more fun with a partner, even though it was a random matchup and Windows decided not to recognize my mic as a device for some reason.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I didn’t have any performance issues to speak of on my rig once I got into games, even after bumping it up to 2K. I’m looking forward to early access, especially if they get an Asia server.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Oh poo poo, I didn’t expect EA so soon. Have they added anything since the alpha?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

haldolium posted:

Are you supposed to sneak around or something at the start?

My first two matches lasted 30 seconds each (well, after the 5 minutes matchmaking and loading) and each time that weird armored skeleton or whatever it is supposed to be just killed off both players. Game over.

Yes. Don’t aggro the armored thing. If you do, kill it with a grenade or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

w00tmonger posted:

Sorry, I meant shared between all players. Does each team have a unique set of 3?

I don’t think so.