Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Threw my signup in. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I'm not going to condone signing up multiple times with multiple e-mail accounts - but if I happen to get a few extra codes I will gladly share them with goons.

Completely unrelated to the above, but a friendly reminder that gmail allows you to append stuff with a plus sign to your email address and have it come to the same address, and many signup systems see those as different addresses, so you could do "myaddress+1@gmail.com" and it would come to your myaddress@gmail.com account. :pseudo:

Zaodai fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jan 18, 2018

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I'll probably just play it like I play PUBG: Go in with the goal of ruining as many people's games as possible before I die.

Roll in as a hobo with a shotgun, blast some guy to deny him his fancy safe lootin' and XP, die from having revealed my position to a billion people.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I didn't get in to the stress test, but I did watch a couple streamers play it. Game looks like it could be fun, even in an early alpha state. That's a promising sign.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

MysteriousStranger posted:

Overwatch makes people bad at FPS games. From Quake to PUBG to Tarkov to this one now. It's really the most dumbed down FPS out there.

I doubt it makes people bad at FPS games, it just makes FPS games more accessible to bad players, and then they branch out. FPS games have always had a large disparity in skill level and understanding of how combat works, especially in any game that doesn't have a big flashing icon as to where you should be fighting (and even then, it gives them no tactical awareness).

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Apparently Early Access buy-ins are out on Steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Something that wasn't obvious to me my first round, but within a certain range if you turn on your darkvision (E by default) you'll see blue sparkles leading you to nearby clues. The denser the sparkles the closer it is, and when you get within visual range it turns to a solid blue glow. Once somebody starts banishing, you'll also see a giant loving blue tornado coming from the banishment.