Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

looks rad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I got a key. Thanks, Tinfoil!
anyway I'm excited to shoot monsters and also people

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Untrustable posted:

Nothing as satisfying as hearing a gunshot, seeing a muzzle flash and then yelling "Tallyho fuckers!" As you throw a stick of dynamite at them.

my experience is usually a gunshot and then a face full of dirt

also I managed to solo the spider when it got caught on some stairs. camped the trophy for five mins and waltzed to freedom.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

who needs a knife when you can pick up a sledgehammer or an axe? they're just lying around the map!

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

God, the beta runs so much better for me than the alpha.
First game: I just got off work and I'm a little drunk, so I pick solo. I spawn next to the first clue. I slowly make my way over and get it just as the boss starts being banished. What the hell? That's was fast OH poo poo IT'S ONE LOCATION OVER!
I haul rear end through the woods and there are still two trophies on the ground, along with two dead hunters. I pick up a trophy and I couldn't be further away from an exit if I tried. Three minutes of running later, I come across another hunter and he has me in his sights from long range. I hear a pop and he goes down. I hear a second pop moments before I get to where I think cover is and I go down.

So close!

This game is good.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Daytime is extra spooky because I feel so much more naked and exposed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I really want a boss monster to be weak to melee weapons. Or a gun-free mode. Just dudes sprinting through the bayou, chopping heads off willy silly.