Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.
Does anybody know when more keys are going to go out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

bought! now to jump on discord tonight if the lady lets me

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Inside Out Mom posted:

Just watched a streamer run around, scare birds, crank open a door, fire wildly, then get shot because they're in the water, and quit because the game sucks where's my refund. lmao BOI this ain't overwatch.

Overwatch makes people bad at FPS games. From Quake to PUBG to Tarkov to this one now. It's really the most dumbed down FPS out there.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Zaodai posted:

I doubt it makes people bad at FPS games, it just makes FPS games more accessible to bad players, and then they branch out. FPS games have always had a large disparity in skill level and understanding of how combat works, especially in any game that doesn't have a big flashing icon as to where you should be fighting (and even then, it gives them no tactical awareness).

It takes less skill than anything else on the market, and teaches people really bad habits that will get them smoked in any game that has any sort of skill or learning curve.

It's fun as hell though.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Grognan posted:

Yo also be prepared for explanations about how there is no cheating when ckrytek has Helios and I hope their anti-cheat works. maybe they will give a poo poo.

I had my first match with Tinfoil Papercut and I dropped my connection. He saw me in a tree, but I was teleporting all over the map from tree to tree and could see enemy movement. Then I got an error for having stuff that was invalid for the anti cheat configuration and was out of the match. Turns out there is a silly folder under the root of the game file you need to install or repair because it corrupts and will kick you.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

After you crashed I got chased by dogs, managed to *just* beat the bounty extractors to the far exit, wounded them, then died.

Sad about the bounty, and I lost like 20 bucks. But I'll take a 4:1 K/D any match.

Well done! I'll be back around a bit after work and later tonight. Servers were hosed all night after I got back from my night.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Grognan posted:

anyone else not getting directional sound? My headphones don't actually differentiate between right and left in this game when they do in other games.

for some reason my computer gave up on stereo sound and IDK why
what's your sound card?

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Untrustable posted:

Logitech G35 goes on sale on Amazon all the time and is a great stereo headset for gaming. I bought one for 40 bucks like a year or 2 ago and love it. It's USB connected and 7.1 channel surround sound.

I don't like those 7.1 sets, IMHO https://www.headphone.com/products/sennheiser-hd-280-pro + modmic

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

I find I get more kills on people in the grave yard than any other area, doesn't matter day or night it's just way too easy to see people there and usually has two easy clues

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Orv posted:

They are supposed to be "period appropriate" scopes, so I doubt you'll be making sick 1,000 meter plus headshots, but we'll see.

You could easily do a scope that was dirty/cloudy and had somewhat of a fisheye affect.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

I'll be around this weekend a bit. My old PSU blew out the SATA connections so none of the drives could be detected, got a new one and everything is running again!

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

I think I'm going to join the couple dozen people I know who just quit the game. It's good but it's loving next to impossible to find a stable group for...hope it picks up laster.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Another one are the chicken coops and dog kennels. Someone or something has been feeding them.

Also, if you ever get a good look at the spider you can see that it's actually not a spider at all.....

Post a pic? Not sure what you mean.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Quicksilver6 posted:

God drat that's some creepy Hellraiser poo poo.

Hoping for more bosses and a more live channel with goons.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

AndyElusive posted:

Are Butcher and Spider the only two boss bounty monsters in the game currently?

Yerp.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Quicksilver6 posted:

I found out there's a roadmap! Yeah, it seems like that's way, way down the list. I am morbidly curious about the apparently close to release new enemy called "water devil". Makes sense to have an enemy for each kind of terrain, I suppose. Maybe some kind of Rusalka ish thing that drags you down?

Also, what the hell could "Nightmare event" be?

looks dope

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

After taking a hiatus for a couple months, I found I was getting my rear end handed to me more than I was use to.

I took the liberty to prestige and teach myself the fear of god again - it's helped immensely.

Game needs vastly more content

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Bigger map sizes, more NPC monsters that actually attack, more boss monster variety, more boss monsters per map, changing night and day per map.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Elendil004 posted:

I do think it's too easy to sneak past stuff right now. I mean you can get within a few meters of crows and stuff. The hellhounds are the only mobs that have what feels like an acceptable agro radius.

Too much noise would speed things up and push towards a smash and grab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

new update looks good and time to dive back in!