Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I do think it's too easy to sneak past stuff right now. I mean you can get within a few meters of crows and stuff. The hellhounds are the only mobs that have what feels like an acceptable agro radius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

DS boost just means that if you can't assault folks during the banishing phase, then get the gently caress out and try to ambush them after they've burned it down, closer to extract.

I do find it frustrating to get matched with level 100 guys who can buy guns that oneshot me while my guns just tickle their health bars. If i have the drop on someone, across a 100 foot stretch of water, they shouldn't be able to run at me and kill me with a machete while I shoot them.

Maybe add some sort of 'get shot, move slow' debuff a la Tarkov?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

There's very few weapons that cannot kill with two body shots at close range.

Well I guess I was equipped with both of them.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I think they also need to make the extract block zone bigger. We just were in a short range, 5-10 yd firefight with 2 hunters at extract and it extracted us :(

edit: being able to set downed players on fire is the new meta and that loving needs to stop.

Elendil004 fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jul 30, 2018

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

That's too bad, I was hoping for a doubled down PvE mode, it would be cool to go in, kill all the bounties then have to meet up and like summon a big boss or something to fight.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Roumba posted:

A buddy of mine and myself both get similar graphical stuttering in pretty much every match. Even on the lowest settings, he gets it worse than me and his PC is far better than mine. Is there a list of easy fixes to try? He 100% won't buy it if he can't fix this and I pretty much feel the same.

e: Does queuing for a random teammate also put you into games with pre-made duos?

Are you on windows 7? I was and had the same problem and upgrading to 10 fixed it.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I have seen this happening here and there, and when me and a partner tried it it worked well for us. You start off and sprint inward, with no regards to noise and just rush the first two clues. There's almost no chance anyone who spawned adjacent to you can catch up with you because they're going to try to sneak and you're fully loud. By the time you've bumrushed clue number 2 you have a pretty good idea where 3 is, or you've hit the boss and you can dump back to normal sneak-play.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I feel like I'd rather play the game they used to have. it's not like it couldn't have a 2v2v2v2v2 pvp mode like we have now.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Mordja posted:

This game would be mostly forgettable if it was just another 4-player, coop monstersmash, imo.

It would be stupid easy to add that though, double monster stats/spawns, add them spawning on noise events, remove pvp damage, good to go. Like it's kinda silly that the bones are here just give me some different options.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Respawning zombies and a more dangerous map would be great but the devs have said this is a PVP game and honestly that's where this game falls apart. Getting dunked on by a lvl 100 rank 3 with two crossbows is loving dumb every time.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Ran into my first team of 4 working together which is super loving bullshit and I hope Caedwalla's report gets them all banned.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

AndyElusive posted:

That either took a lot of negotiation and trust on their part or the two teams somehow managed to get into the same match while in discord I'm guessing.

I imagine it was just queue timing which isn't impossible. We didn't hear anything on local voice.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Fired the game up for the first time in a month or so. Played two games. First one, one-shot (with my partner) by an Autovat by a guy we legit had the drop on.

Second game headshot/one-shot by a guy with a Dolch who had no way to know where I was. I don't think he was cheating, just lucky but like..

I guess that's the game now.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

First two game on launch, headshot by the first hunter I see one of whom is already loving level 36 jesus christ.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

So I'm getting just unplayable Desync most of the time. I've had a few OK games, but just now I got trapped in a house, couldn't open doors or break windows before realizing it was just desync.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I want a dense, partially sunken New Orleans map. Urban, part hosed up from a storm or fire.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Hunt also feels way less full of loving cheaters. Most queues are under a minute and my friends and I have maybe one crash every 15-20 games, so not superb but not bad.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

There's room on the coop goons discord that Vox runs. https://discord.gg/vSNn4Sk if you played Payday 2 it's that goonscord.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Has anyone figured out or datamined or is it even just out there how matchmaking works? Kind of tired of Prestiege 100, 6+ KDR edgelords 360 noscoping me with a pax at 50 yards through a fence.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

8 or 9 losses in a row today, last one was this fuckin guy who headshot my entire team and me with that rifle like it wasn't even hard. Prestige 100.

I love playing this game but not when it just shits turbonerds on you who are way above your skill band. C'mon.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Yeah unlucky for you there. Padarius is a streamer and is very skilled at the pvp in this game. Fun guy to watch overall, too.

My team got wiped by Archie one time (8.6 KDA at the time he was) and that’s when I knew this game had no matchmaking.

Here's his stream https://www.twitch.tv/videos/718158544 he starts at 5:32, gets to our engagement 5:44. He kills me through the lil peephole on the 2nd floor, then darksights my partner, our third was dead off to the north trying a flank.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I guess i'd rather be in a single bounty match with 2 teams near my level than 3 teams one of which just murders us all before we do anything.

That said, watching myself get wrecked last night, he was pretty close to death too, 2 downs already, he got lucky seeing me through a hole in the wall.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Ran into a prestige level 100 person, with 3,041 hours in the game. It's a good game but Jesus how do you play that much of it?

They're out there, and they make the game kind of insufferable.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Skyarb posted:

1.4.4 out boys!

END OF HUNT AS WE KNOW IT

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

So what do you actually "lose" when you retire a hunter. Sometimes it seems to take 'contraband' guns and gear, sometimes not, I can't make out a rhyme or reason.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Varkas posted:

The only potential equipment you should be losing is due to hitting a limit on the number of contraband instances you can have for a particular item, but that's due to the un-equipping of the stuff, not the retiring itself.

What is that limit?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I wish the game communicated that at all. But thank you.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Is there a place people are playing? I have two friends who play but never together so getting a trio is hard and I kind of hate duos because of how binary it is.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Basticle posted:

my primary Hunt partner is a psychopath who has his sensitivity super high and this is from last night

https://streamable.com/t4ex3a

look how loving long it took to line up a shot because of that

I have never seen the game show me an icon like that when I kill someone. What gives?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I know the next map they're working on got leaked (I think?) but a partially flooded urban area New Orleans style would be loving insane and perfect.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

That is really slick because your environmental audio always sounds behind you a little bit so it's easy to tune it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Thread title should be that guy on the leaderboard 1.0 -- end of hunt forever or whatever it was.