Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This came out on PS4 today so I'm downloading it now. Been waiting for it for a while. Never played it but i"ve enjoyed watching videos.

One question. I usually play games in private parties. Is it a better idea to stay out of them to use prox chat in this? Or alternatively, better to be in a party and having enemy teams unable to hear you talking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Thanks for the tips. If anyone is playing on PS4 please add me

Psn: monostat7

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What exactly did this legendary edition get me and how do I access it?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Varkas posted:

"Includes 2 items: Hunt: Showdown, Hunt: Showdown - Legends of the Bayou"

Looks like you just got the base game and one of the DLCs that includes 2 Legendary Hunters and 2 weapon skins. You should be able to recruit the new hunters at any time via: Recruitment-> Legendary Hunters (each time for 300 hunt dollars). For the weapons, I think you get a one-time instance of the weapons added to your inventory upon unlock. After that, you should be able to purchase the alternate versions of the weapons if you've unlocked the normal variant.

One of the weapon skins is for the Nagant Pistol and the other is for the knife.

Thanks.

Trying to hit moving targets in this game is astoundingly frustrating. I have no idea how these motherfuckers are headshotting me at full sprint when even the slightest player side steps gently caress my shot up.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I was gonna just be a dick and use my XIM on PS4 but the controller support is so loving bad it's actually worse with a mouse lol.

With a controller the controls remind me a lot of Metro Exodus. Pretty jank but serviceable enough against AI that I'm not gonna sweat it too hard since I like the game. Unfortunately Hunt has more than just AI and shooting at enemy players feels just awful. It's just utterly frustrating trying to hit stuff that moves faster than the most basic zombie.

In general for as much as they are charging for this game the PS4 port is sort of inexcusable. Don't get me wrong it's not totally game ruining bad. I've already gotten probably 7 hours out of it and I'm having fun. But the textures look like something from 20 years ago. The worst textures I've ever seen in a console game next to console PUBG. There's all sorts of terrible graphical bugs, server issues. In general I haven't really seen any info about Crytek supporting and updating it. I'm starting to worry I just paid nearly $50 for a pump and dump scheme.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Feb 23, 2020

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It’s so loving whack that using a gun that comes equipped on a hunter doesn’t count towards gun unlock progression.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Count Uvula posted:

It does (unless that's a bug on the ps4 version), but you need the first gun in a tree unlocked before you start a match for it to count.

Hmm. Maybe it's a bug then. I just had the original shorty unlocked and was using the hatchet version that came with a hunter, and it wasn't counting towards progress for the purchasable hatchet version. So I had to go back and use the crappy version for a while just to unlock it. I haven't checked the other guns since I assumed it was like that across the board.

So, can you carry more than one bounty if it's from 2 bosses? Can you get greedy and try to take everything? Or is there no point in bothering with both bosses when there is two of them?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Started playing with another goon bud who is generally pretty drat good at shooters last night, and tried to explain all the ins and outs of the game to him, kept telling him that he was being too loud etc. and how it was really important to blah blah blah.

But we just ended up effortlessly wasting everyone we crossed paths with and taking the bounty in every round and he was like “this game seems way too easy”

PS4 players are really bad at this game right now lol. Like, I suck at it and I’m starting to win 80% of shootouts just by hip firing while everyone else is trying to pull off ADS shots from 10 feet away. I’ve run into a few people who are ridiculously good shots and have been able to headshot me while I’m sprinting from a mile away but for the most part everyone just panics and starts firing wildly when they see another player.

Also I’m becoming too lazy too kill the bosses. Feels way easier and more fun to just wait for someone else to do it and just piss in their Cheerios while they are trying to escape.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What the gently caress where they thinking with the loving dogs in this game. Just absolutely awful enemies.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Am I wrong in feeling like scopes are more of a hindrance than an advantage? Feels easier to land rifle shots with iron sights. The extra zoom to look around feels invaluable though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Does getting a melee kill with a weapon count towards weapon XP for that variant?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hunt.wmv

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This game is such a goddamn rollercoaster. We keep having these good streaks, and then we get complacent and we'll just get murked out of nowhere 10 times in a row and I'm sitting there building lvl 1 hunters over and over in the god awful menus and I just want to delete it. Then we actually start trying again and wipe the server and get out with the bounty and it's so loving satisfying. You really just can't play lazy at all. Assuming there is no immediate threat at any point is always a tactical failure.

Also I don't know wtf happened with the PS4 port, but they haven't released a single patch but the horrible texture loading issues seem to have fixed themselves out of nowhere and it looks really nice now.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This game probably has the most impressive lighting I have ever seen in a game. Sometimes some random poo poo will happen like an immolator blowing off in the middle of a nearby forest and it looks/sounds so real it kind of fucks with me.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm playing on PS4 and the port is a bit rough. It has really bad texture loading issues and pop in and looks flat out ugly at times. But when everything is running smoothly and it isn't having issues it's gorgeous. Stuff like the lighting doesn't seem to have taken a hit at all though. Really wish I had a decent gaming PC to play this on. The game doesn't get enough credit for the attention to detail that is put into just about every aspect of it. Except the terrible console controls lol.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The controls aren’t great on console but if you are used to janky rear end euro game console ports they are serviceable. It’s really more that the shooting is hard in PVP than it is the controls being bad. It’s just not easy to hit single shot rifles with almost no auto aim.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anyone got a trip report on the PS4 update? I've been wrapped up in Warzone but eventually want to get back to this.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really want to play this game again but my whole group got addicted to COD warzone like crack. There's been like 5 updates on PS4 since I last played. I need to see if they fixed some of the issues cause it was so close to being great but the jank was too much. I'd honestly still be playing this if it wasn't for fuckin warzone .

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 09:04 on May 21, 2020

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What are the best affordable guns atm? Came back after a 3 month break and I am just getting wrecked.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The PVE isn't good enough to warrant it's own mode. That's not even a diss on the game. I think the PVE is pretty drat well done, but it's there to be a hindrance amidst a super stressful PVP game to make it even more stressful. You could go play 100 other games designed around PVE that are actually balanced around just kiling AI. Hunt would be boring as hell without other players to worry about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Played this on PS4 for about a month and loved the concept/style but the port and controls were so loving terrible I bounced off. Tempted to rebuy it at half off on steam now that I have a decent PC, but from what I can gather it's riddled with hackers and also starting from scratch/getting wrecked by op poo poo in 2020, while I'm walking around with garbage starting gear does not sound fun so I'm on the fence.