Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Hey so the girlfriend and I are also planning 2 weeks in Italy in June. But we're lazy assholes and want to do a tour group. We're looking at Rick Steves

https://www.ricksteves.com/tours/italy/venice-florence-rome

Anyone have any other suggestions? Are travel agents still a thing? Airfare is being terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

That's a lot of good info. Our budget is 10k basically for 10-12 days which should be plenty of loving money for this. I was just talking to a coworker who went to Italy last year from a local travel agent and he spent way less than that, so I'm giving her a chance to see if she is reasonably priced. We just don't want to do any loving work when we get there. Show us history and cool poo poo and skip all the lines. We also don't want to be so busy we can't enjoy anything.

I was bitching about airfair because it was like $1800 round trip per person from Madison -> Chicago -> Rome which seems nuts to me. Maybe that's normal, I've never been to Europe. All the cheaper flights was like 22 hours just to get to Rome.

GreenNight fucked around with this message at 19:06 on May 3, 2018

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

It's not like it's $600 cheaper if I drove to Chicago and flew out. It's at best $150 cheaper, and I'll pay that not to have to drive to Chicago.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

No Italy for me. Now ex gf said it’s getting too serious and broke it off. Cool.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Yeah thanks. Don’t want to derail this thread but I’m a huge fan of traveling with someone. Having shared experiences, talking about what we’re seeing or doing. It’s always a blast and some of my favorite memories. I’m sure I’ll go one day. Just not anytime soon.

• Locked thread