Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HotSoapyBeard

I'm a really cool nice dad
HAIKOOLIGAN
Your party meets a travelling salesman, roll to choose a character. They must have a wisdom check to see if they fall for an MLM scam selling sword oil which will sap your party’s finances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HotSoapyBeard

I'm a really cool nice dad
HAIKOOLIGAN
Your party comes across a lone building. The terrain is flat so you can see for miles and this is the only building here (that’s important). There is a sign above the door showing it to be a shop.
When you enter you are greeted by a peculiar man who might be wearing a fake beard.
“Welcome travellers! What brings you to our town?”
You can ad-lib here but eventually the store owner will want to show them round the “town”.
He leads them out the shop and then does a full circle of the building, pulling a lever on the wall just as you are arriving back at the entrance.
“Ah, first stop, the Gizzard and Helmet tavern!”
When your party enters, the shop is in the final grinding steps of transforming by clockwork into a pub.
If you sit down to drink, nothing seems sinister, if you try to leave you find the doors are locked but the barman/shopkeeper happily continues pouring you ale and whistling.
After a few drinks the shopkeeper pops out for a minute then bursts back in through a different door dressed as a police officer and with his false beard missing.
“I hear there’s some drunken louts causing trouble in our town!!!”
Before you can fight, clockwork arms extend from the walls and restrain you and you are marched into the back room of the pub where there are some cells.
The barman/shopkeeper/policeman has now transformed into a cackling crime wearing a cloak sat in a rocking chair in the prison and yells “Throw away the key” in a shrill voice as the automatons march you into the cells.
A few hours later the barman/shopkeeper/policeman/crone appears at the window in his original shopkeeper outfit.
“I’m here to break you out!”
He has with him a huge clockwork golem which smashes the wall to pieces and you all run out into the night air.
“Here take these you might need them, now go!!”
The shopkeeper hands each of your party a miniature clockwork toy in their likeness. They have no practical purpose but raise morale and give +1 to Will saving throws.

• Locked thread