Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

My god if he projected any harder he'd be a Zeiss. Also reminder that:

quote:

In 1980, chief agent John Douglas, working with agents in the FBI's Behavioral Sciences Unit, issued a psychological profile of the unidentified bomber. It described the offender as a man with above-average intelligence and connections to academia. This profile was later refined to characterize the offender as a neo-Luddite holding an academic degree in the hard sciences, but this psychologically based profile was discarded in 1983. An alternative theory was developed by FBI analysts that concentrated on the physical evidence in recovered bomb fragments. In this rival profile, the suspect was characterized as a blue-collar airplane mechanic

How isn't it immediately obvious to anyone that this was written by a STEM academic. How could there be any doubt with sentences like "Many leftists are not such rebels as they seem" e: or with the constant relying on "common sense" answers to "soft sciences" questions rather than a shred of reference to any academic work

hackbunny has issued a correction as of 23:28 on Jan 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
I'm sorry but this is unreadable drivel and the guy's brilliance was seriously oversold. I'm sure it was novel back then but tell me you haven't read a hundred rants just like this, sometimes word for word, on random nerd hobby forums

There isn't a single citation for the many bold claims he makes [in fields in which he has zero qualifications], he's just a random shitposter like any of us idiots. His bomb mailing campaign really was just a call for mainstream attention

[SOURCE] for my bold claims: takes one to know one

hackbunny has issued a correction as of 23:54 on Jan 29, 2018

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

Typo posted:

remember he's a literal autist

He's literally 80s Damore

• Locked thread