Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Jose posted:

130. Technology advances with great rapidity and threatens freedom at many different points at the same time (crowding, rules and regulations, increasing dependence of individuals on large organizations, propaganda and other psychological techniques, genetic engineering, invasion of privacy through surveillance devices and computers, etc.). To hold back any ONE of the threats to freedom would require a long and difficult social struggle. Those who want to protect freedom are overwhelmed by the sheer number of new attacks and the rapidity with which they develop, hence they become apathetic and no longer resist. To fight each of the threats separately would be futile. Success can be hoped for only by fighting the technological system as a whole; but that is revolution, not reform.

*lowers reading glasses schumerously*

this is pretty astute and checks out :o:

*continues to read in a scholarly manner, with smarter brains than all of d&d*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
i thought it was genius the way hideo kojima used the unabomber's manifesto to extrapolate a provocative social commentary in metal gear solid 2 and how the juxaposition of fatman's nihilism with naked raiden cartwheels inures the human mind to the succumbing erosion of one's mental faculties to external and internal factors, with oversimulation of non-contextual objects probing your every thought and no psychic barriers to defend against it since it was foreseen but not acted upon as a harsh condescension of government inaction due to enriching themselves rather than a series of bureaucratic obstacles or using the convenience of such in the guise of a invisible plutocratic revolt, a pastiche of the post modern angst voiced today that is lost through the white noise of social media

:smugdog::pipe:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
amazon probably does that now

and lol if you have phillosophies and thoughts just lmao

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

if we're speaking purely in regards to his methods because I assume you're going to be disingenuous about everything else, then his targeting of random no-names was a pretty big flaw in his strategy

whatever you dumb lf wannabe

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Jose posted:

Kill 3 people and your manifesto gets treated like you're insane. Kill a million people though

publisher voice:] I don't know how desperate you'd have to be to get onto the new york times best seller, i sort of have an idea and you might not like it but

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

see this only further justifies my solid snake thesis and im this close to getting my doctor8

• Locked thread