Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nongdongfongbong
Jul 30, 2006
"Nongnongdongfongbong" is one character too long. : (
HM: Zack Sabre Jr & Taichi vs. Suzuki & Iizuka

Suzuki making ZSJ work for the submission holds was great. It was an easy story to tell and they did it well. Taichi and Iizuka's little comedy bit worked well within the context of this match too, and didn't take anything away from the intensity. Mini mark-out segment with Iizuka seemingly remembering his pre-gimmick self.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nongdongfongbong
Jul 30, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

Continuing my World Tag League watching and I'm shocked this hasn't been nominated by anyone before me

HM - New Japan - 29th November - Taichi and Zack Sabre Jr vs Minoru Suzuki and Takashi Iizuka

Some absolutely fantastic grappling between ZSJ and Suzuki, exactly what you would hope from these two locking up. Just snug. some good comedy with Taichi and Iizuka, some brawling in the crowd, a Let's go Taichi chant from the very right Korakuen crowd, and even some Iizuka chants.

Definitely the most much watch match of a consistently good tour.

I nominated it for an HM too but I've read people saying that an HM is a bit much for a match like that. Still stand by what I said though, it's the kind of goodness that'll get overlooked by most.

nongdongfongbong
Jul 30, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

Absolutely nth, it was really cool how they let Ospreay shine the most by far since he was doing the job

Well there was no way Tanahashi was gonna be able to do much in a finishing stretch like that. That being said, I did wonder if the match structure was put in place to highlight the old vs. young, difference in wrestling styles storyline that Tanahashi and Omega are building up for their Tokyo Dome match.