Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Wrestle Kingdom 12

HM: Cody vs Kota Ibushi
MOTYC: Hirooki Goto vs Minoru Suzuki
MOTYC: Hiromu Takahashi vs KUSHIDA vs Will Ospreay vs Marty Scurll
MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs Chris Jericho
MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs Tetsuya Naito

absolutely stellar show, it completely flew by

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jan 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

MOTYC: Adam Cole vs Aleister Black, NXT Takeover: Philadelphia

edit: im actually bumping it up to a motyc, i really liked it

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jan 28, 2018

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

St Evan Echoes posted:

MOTYC: Johnny Wrestling vs Andrade Almas, NXT Takeover Philly

This was imo better than anything at the Tokyo Dome this year and the early frontrunner for moty

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Venomous posted:

nth, who'd have thought the two best matches of the year would be back to back at this one Takeover, God drat

i wouldn't go that far. i really really liked the extreme rules match but i don't think it touched omega vs jericho, or even the other top matches at wrestle kingdom, which was still a better top to bottom show

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Venomous posted:

tbh it comes down to personal preference, and I honestly thought Black/Cole told a much better story than Omega/Jericho, though I loved that too so

I mean I prefer the WWE style of storytelling to NJPW's when it's done well (like Black/Cole and Gargano/Almas), but a lot of the time (mainly on the main roster) the match quality falls so far below the mark for one reason or another that NJPW just blows it out of the water in comparison, so idk, it's a subjective thing

totally fair! not saying your opinion is wrong or anything, i just definitely tend to prefer the new japan style.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

MOTYC for Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Minoru Suzuki from night 1, HM for the Young Bucks vs Roppongi 3k from night 2. not the best couple of shows new japan has put on recently. omega vs jay white was technically good but i thought it was too long and jay white is really not clicking with this character in this position. the angle at the end was more enjoyable than the match

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

HM for both rumble matches. nothing else on the show was worth nominating one way or the other, it was fine.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

MOTYC: Adam Cole vs. Killian Daim vs. Ricochet vs. Lars Sullivan vs. Velveteen Dream vs. EC3, NXT Takeover: New Orleans, 4/7

yeah that match was insane, somehow exceeded expectations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

nth on gargano/ciampa that match was amazing