Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

MOTYC: Shingo Takagi vs. Yuji Hino - AJPW Champion Carnival (April 15)

The match of the Champion Carnival so far and my match of the month. Just two big boys throwing bombs at each other. Try to find a way to watch this one..

4th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

HM Juice/Goto
WMOTY GRR

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Nth Kraneo/Rush

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

MOTYC: Io Shirai vs Meiko Satomura

Meiko is a living legend misplaced in time, she would have been neck and neck with Manami Toyota if she had been born 20 years earlier. Io Shirai is similarly in the running for the best women's wrestler of all time, but she's got a much flashier, modern style. It's astounding how great these two are. Watch this match.

e: Meiko is like a fusion of WCW Dean Malenko and WWE Daniel Bryan, Io Shirai is like a fusion WCW Chris Jericho and NJPW Tanahashi.

Baron Corbyn posted:

MOTYC: Naomichi Marufuji vs. Kento Miyahara (AJPW Champion Carnival 4/30)

Marufuji has looked half asleep all tournament until his (also really great) match with Akiyama on Wednesday, and here he really turned it up. Some absolutely brutal spots. I don't have it as high as the Shirai/Satomura match but still excellent.

If anyone wants a link to just the match and not the whole show, here it is:

https://rutube.ru/video/c2bbc0d59430171a95facc20775fd91b
Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

super macho dude posted:

MOTYC: Yuko Miyamoto vs HARASHIMA (DDT Extreme Title Normal Rules Match, DDT Max Bump 2018 4/29/18)

The Smile Yankees explode! It was described to me as a non-stop murderfest (sans deathmatch tomfoolery) between two best friends and it does not disappoint. HARASHIMA is still DDT's ace and his tag partner Yuko is no slouch either, and they both go completely ham to prove which is the better wrestler.

2nd

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

MOTYC: Jun Kasai vs. Hyper Misao - Tokyo Joshi Pro YES! WONDERLAND 2018 ~ break yourself! ~ (5/3)

3rd

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

HM: Rush vs Mesias vs LA Park, MDA 4/29

This made me want to see an LA Park/Rush tag team. Not as wild as some Rush/LA Park brawls but Mesias added something as did Rush continually trying to ally and avoid a fight with any one. Finish was predictable but surprising at the same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwO5Trk-Ntw

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

From 5/6, Dragon Gate: Dead or Alive 2018

HM: Open the Triangle Gate Championship - Natural Vibrations (Kzy, Yokusuka Susumu, Genki Horiguchi) vs. MaxiMuM (Masato Yoshino, Naruki Doi, Jason Lee)

A high HM. A hell of a spotfest, and if you've never seen a Dragon Gate six man, than this could very well be a strong MOTYC for you.

MOTYC: Open the Twin Gate Championship - Antias (T-Hawk and Eita) vs. Big Ben (Big R Shimizu and Ben-K)

What if we just had a good old-fashioned tag match where the faces the crowd wants to win fight the heels the crowd wants to lose and everyone is really good?

MOTYC: Dead or Alive Cage Match - Shingo Takagi vs. El Lindaman vs. Yasushi Kanda vs. Punch Tominaga vs. YAMATO vs. Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Ryo Saito

A giant loving clusterfuck. Even though there were times it dragged, goddamn it was the most fun I've had watching wrestling in a long time.

Hell of a show!

2nd

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Flyer/Volador Jr vs Ulimo Gurrero/Templario, CMLL Gran Alternativa finals 5/18 FEATURING GUEST APPEARANCES BY LOS IGNOBERNABLES AND LA PARK

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Sho vs Dragon Lee. NJPW 5/19 What a match. Absolutely great set ups to spots including the first acceptable corner double stomp I've seen in ages. A couple great cross ups on Dragon Lee trademarks and fantastic strike exchanges.

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

HM: Hiromu Takahashi vs. El Desperado (5/22)

This was absolutely wild, and they definitely came across as two guys who hated each other which is new for Hiromu. Hiromu sprinting across the aisle to hit the dropkick on Desperado was one of my favourite spots of the tournament so far despite all the jumping off poo poo we've seen.

2nd

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

MOTYC: Kento Miyahara (c) vs. Naomichi Marufuji for the Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship - AJPW 2018 Super Power Series (5/24)

This match somehow managed to be even better than their match last month. Fantastic crowd atmosphere, the NOAH fans showing up to cheer for Marufuji really made the stakes feel even higher. The closing sequence was amazing. Marufuji creatively countering all Miyahara's stuff to start the match was great. Kento is the man. I can't think of anyone who's a better face of their company in the wrestling world right now.

And unlike the CMLL match posted recently, the post match segment has absolutely no chance of overshadowing the match...

Oh, and speaking of matches better than MOTYCs from last month. OTT put this up on their YouTube channel

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs. Matt Riddle - OTT ScrapperMania IV (5/12)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB-1AcF60mM

Nth both

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Miyahara/Marufuji is legitimately one of my matches of the year, everyone should watch it and get it the nominations it deserves.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'll nth Flyer/Volador Jr vs. Ultimo Gurrero/Templario for MOTY

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

HM: YOH vs. Taiji Ishimori
MOTYC: Dragon Lee vs. El Desperado
HM: Hiromu Takahashi vs. KUSHIDA

From today's BOSJ show. The whole show was excellent and worthwhile though.

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

3rd

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MOTYC: Rush/LA Park, CMLL

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

There's some shithead out there that thinks whatever the last big NXT match was is better than Park/Rush and I truly feel sorry for them.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

MOTYC Darby vs WALTER - Evolve 106

4th. This match legitimately might be my Match Of The Year, please seek it out.

NienNunb fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jun 27, 2018

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

MOTYC: Masashi Takeda (c) vs. Isami Kodaka for the BJW Deathmatch Title - BJW (6/20)

Maybe the best deathmatch I've ever seen. Just the name of the stipulation was enough to sell it to me, it was a Light Tubes, Giga Ladder & Glass Board Death Match. The Samurai TV broadcast is up on RealHero's Rutube page but I won't link it because BJW have their own (lovely) streaming service. Try and track it down if you aren't put off by deathmatches though.

4th. I miss the RealHero Archive.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

HM: Shigehiro Irie vs Kazusada Higuchi, DDT 6/24/18

Please please please go look this one up. This match is so crazily brutal and fun to watch. These two hamhocks just wollop the poo poo out of each other the whole time. Plus there's some Sumo spots that are absolutely hype.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

MOTYC: Masashi Takeda vs. Konosuke Takeshita vs. Kazusada Higuchi vs. MAO - DDT MajiManji #10 (7/3)

This match was a perfect encapsulation of everything that's great about DDT with one of the best deathmatch wrestlers in the world thrown in for good measure. It has everything you'd want in a match - meat skewers in the head, the color commentator getting hit by a van, a guy having a firework shoved up his rear end and people trading chair headshots like they were chops in an NJPW match. Absolute insanity.

3rd. Let's get some DDT on that front page, guys.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

I (and TTBF) gave this match a HM nomination back when it aired and now you can watch it for free (for the next week)

https://twitter.com/ProWrestlingEVE/status/1015274646927740930?s=19

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

MOTYC: Hiromu Takahashi vs Dragon Lee - G1 Special in San Francisco

4th

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

MOTYC - Minoru Suzuki vs. Kazuchika Okada - The Great Pirate Festival (6/23)

https://njpwworld.com/p/s_archive_95_1_03 (no NJPW World subscription required)

loving hell, what a great match. The ending was hype as hell and I was on the edge of my seat even though NJPW had already spoiled the ending on their Twitter.

There's something slightly unnerving about a bunch of little kids screaming for a killer like Suzuki though.

2nd.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Ishii vs YTR
MOTYC: Omega vs Naito
MOTYC: ZSJ vs Ibushi
HM: Goto vs Sanada

nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Two non-G1 recommendations to break things up

MOTYC: The Aggression (Katsuhiko Nakajima & Masa Kitamiya) vs. Hideyoshi Kamitani & Takuya Nomura - Riki Choshu Produce - Power Hall Vol. 2: Battle of Another Dimension (7/10)

Since turning heel, Katsuhiko Nakajima has been one of the best things in wrestling, unfortunately in a promotion that nobody watches. Here he demonstrates the best of his absolute dickhead qualities and his frustrations at the failure of his run as ace of NOAH on a couple of BJW young boys. The ending where Nakajima absolutely beats the poo poo out of Nomura for the knock out finish had my mouth agape for the entire two minute stretch.

HM: Maya Yukihi & Mayumi Ozaki vs. Kakeru Sekiguchi & Sonoko Kato - Oz Academy Rude in June (6/3)

Ozaki is the owner of the promotion (the Oz in Oz Academy) and stacks the deck heavily in her favour in this match with more whips and chains than a sex dungeon, Alex Lee in her team's corner, Mio Shirai doing a heel referee gimmick and a policeman who at one point intervenes to deliver a shining wizard to her opponents. (And apparently has his own fans with a few 'POLICE' t-shirts among the crowd).

Sekiguchi does an excellent job as the face in peril, especially once she gets bloodied, with Kato as her badass partner coming in to face off against the impossible odds. In the end the odds prove too much for Sekiguchi after an INCREDIBLY slow count from Mio with some theatrics that have to be seen and Ozaki finishes her off with the Tequila Sunrise

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Bad Luck Fale vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

That loving owned

2nd

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I Before E posted:

MOTYC: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Tomohiro Ishii
HM: Kenny Omega vs. Juice Robinson
MOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs. SANADA

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

That first Makabe/Ishii WK match was god tier

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I Before E posted:

HM: Juice/Sanada
HM: Naito/Yano
MOTYC: Kenny/ZSJ
MOTYC: Ibushi/Goto

Wild that for a guy calling himself Best Bout Machine Kenny is consistently having the third, maybe second best matches on the card

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Ishii vs Omega
MOTYC: Naito vs Ibushi

The inverted brainbuster got the latter over the HM hump.

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Foul Fowl posted:

MOTYC: Tanahashi vs. Okada

i thought that was one of the best matches of the tournament. i like it when no one gets dropped on their head and the match still has just as much electricity and intensity.

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

A Real Horse posted:

I first misread this as Tana and was about to have an aneurysm.

There are some scorching hot takes going around twitter the last few days saying exactly that.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

How many times did Johnny stare at his hands and wonder how he could be so violent?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MOTYC Kenny vs Penta, All In

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

HM Okada vs Marty, All In

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

TTBF posted:

I'm still going through All In (was moving while it happened) so HM to Janela vs Page

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Nth the All In Trios. Hail Satan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Shuji Ishikawa vs. Kengo Mashimo (AJPW Royal Road 9/17)
HM: Jun Akiyama vs. Jake Lee (AJPW Royal Road 9/17)
HM: Zeus vs. Naoya Nomura (AJPW Royal Road 9/17)

This show was excellent. Can't wait to catch up on the second round. The end of the Ishikawa/Mashimo match was spectacular.

Nth