Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

SatoshiMiwa posted:

HM: Young Bucks vs Sanada/LIJ G1 Special in San Francisco

These two teams work so well together

Chris James 2 posted:

MOTYC: Hiromu Takahashi vs Dragon Lee - G1 Special in San Francisco

Baron Corbyn posted:

MOTYC: Juice vs Switchblade.

That was incredible.

nthing these

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Baron Corbyn posted:

MOTYC - Minoru Suzuki vs. Kazuchika Okada - The Great Pirate Festival (6/23)

https://njpwworld.com/p/s_archive_95_1_03 (no NJPW World subscription required)

loving hell, what a great match. The ending was hype as hell and I was on the edge of my seat even though NJPW had already spoiled the ending on their Twitter.

There's something slightly unnerving about a bunch of little kids screaming for a killer like Suzuki though.

Agreed. It was absolutely awesome.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Minoru Suzuki - G1 Climax 2018 Night 1 - 7/14
HM: Kazuchika Okada vs. Switchblade Jay White - G1 Climax 2018 Night 1 - 7/14

The former was a great callback to their match earlier in the year where Suzuki brutalized Tanahashi, and the latter was a continuation of Knife Pervert's scumbag ways and the ongoing weirdness of Okada dealing with no longer being a living God. Real good start to G1.

Yes to both. All in all the show as a whole was really good. I enjoyed Yoshi/Makabe as well which...kinda shocked me.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Ishii vs YTR
MOTYC: Omega vs Naito
MOTYC: ZSJ vs Ibushi
HM: Goto vs Sanada

Yes to all this. I'll give a MOTYC to Ishii vs YTR

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Coaaab posted:

G1 Night 3
HM: Elgin vs Page
HM: Makabe vs Suzuki
HM: Tanahashi vs White

G1 Night 4
MOTYC: YTR vs ZSJ
HM: Ibushi vs Juice
MOTYC: Naito vs Ishii - loved the extended slugfest in the middle portion
HM: Omega vs Goto

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Toru Yano vs. Kota Ibushi
HM: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. SANADA
HM: Tetsuya Naito vs. Juice Robinson
MOTYC: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Hirooki Goto

Starting to notice a pattern with these B Block matches, my friends.

nth

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Benne posted:

HM: Elgin/White
HM: Makabe/EVIL
HM: Okada/Page

nth

I'm actually having trouble remembering what matches were on what nights. There's so much going on right now.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Dimebags Brain posted:

Dragon Gate Kobe World 2018

MOTY: Open the Twin Gate Championship - Big Ben vs. Tribe Vanguard (YAMATO and BxB Hulk)

Holy poo poo, this was a loving war. Started out seeming way too slow but it made snese as it built into an earned honest-to-god epic feeling match. Might be my favorite match I've seen all year. After sleeping on it, this is my current Match of the Year. Go out of your way to see it.

MOTYC: Open the Dream Gate Championship - Masato Yoshino vs. Shingo Takagi

A low MOTYC. It was real good and was building up to be a classic Kobe World headlined and then it just ended just as it felt like it was entering the beginning of the finishing stretch. Another 5/10 minutes would have made this amazing.

HM: Naruki Doi, Jason Lee, and Bandido vs. Yosuke Santa Maria, KAGETORA, and Flamita

This was the spotfest that the Triangle Gate match was lacking. Was a good match and then the finishing Flamita/Bandido stretch happened.

NTH to all these. Wrestling is so drat hard to keep up with nowadays. This thread is a great way to keep track of all the must see non-njpw matches so thanks for the heads up!

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

I Before E posted:

MOTYC: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Tomohiro Ishii
HM: Kenny Omega vs. Juice Robinson
MOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs. SANADA

NTH

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

SyntheticPolygon posted:

MOTYC: Ishii/Omega
HM: Naito/Ibushi

nth

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

G1 B Block Finals:

HM: Goto vs. Juice
HM: Ishii vs. SANADA
HM: ZSJ vs. Naito
MOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs. Kenny Omega

The last match was unreal.

nth. Dear god what an awesome show.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kota Ibushi - G1 Climax 2018 Final

This deserves to be on the list for the strike exchange alone... then there was the moonsault double-knees :stare:

nth

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Benne posted:

Just finished All In and I guess I'm mostly with the consensus

HM: Page/Janela
HM: Okada/Scurll
MOTYC: Omega/Penta
HM: Golden Elite/luchadores

NTH.

The show as a whole was a lot better than I expected it to be. Not saying I expected it to suck, but I didn't think it would be that good. Okada vs Scurll was so much better than I was expecting. That match teetered on the edge of a MOTYC.

Akileese fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Sep 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Becky Lynch (C) vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Asuka in a Triple Threat Tables, Ladders & Chairs match for the Smackdown Women's Championship - WWE TLC 12/16

loving perfection.

nth