Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

That was MOTYC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

HM: Men's Royal Rumble - Royal Rumble 2018
HM: Women's Royal Rumble - Royal Rumble 2018

Both were good but neither was on the level of Gargano vs Almas.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'll give a HM to both Volador Jr vs Barbaro Cavenario and Mephisto vs Titan.

e: I would highly recommend Volador vs Barbaro and the only reason I'm not giving it MOTYC is because I'm firmly behind Gargano vs Almas. If that match hadn't happened, I'd be more than willing to give a MOTYC to this one. If you have NJPWorld you should watch it!

TTBF fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Feb 3, 2018

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

When Defy's DEFY X show is released, y'all need to check out the Joey Janella vs Ravenous Randy match. It is bonkers. I'm just gonna post the notes I attempted to jot down between that match and the main event.

Several small dives and lots of slaps to begin. Randy's skin is so pale every slap leaves a bright red welt. Joey did a swanton from the top rope onto the hardwood floor. Put Randy in a chair, went to swanton, hit the chair with it after Randy dodged. Several slams into the chair by both until it was shattered. Joey went into the audience (at least four rows deep) and hurled 9 chairs into the ring. Two nearly hit the ref, who was visibly frightened. Hit randy twice, broke a ceiling light with one. Joey gathered chairs into a pile, put randy on top, went to swanton, got superplexed. Randy's back had a section the size of a fist that was skinned by the chairs. Several more spots revolving around the chair pile. Joey did a coup de grace to randy, who had a chair on him. Randy superplexed joey onto four chairs that were arranged like the ones in the Black vs Cole match. Randy pinned Joey and the place exploded.

It is very definitely a spot match but holy poo poo what a spot match.

e: Lucha Bros vs The Amerikan Gunz was also a good match at the show, but I don't know how much of that is the match and how much is the crowd going wild because the two tag teams weren't announced or advertised. Once the DVD comes out I'll be better able to know, and I'm hoping I can give it a HM because it ruled in person.

e2: Definitely get the DVD when it comes out.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Feb 3, 2018

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I can't begin to imagine what those two have come up with.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'll throw another HM towards that match. Okada twitching after the rainmaker was great.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Gonna 4th that one.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Gonna give a dishonorable mention to Goto vs EVIL at New Beginnings in Osaka 2/10.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'll go with a HM as well.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I know we're past the point where we need it, but I'll throw another HM on there.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Catching up on recommendations from earlier and I'm gonna throw HMs to

Tony Nese vs Drew Gulak, 205 Live, Feb 13
Asuka & Miz vs Finn & Sasha, Mixed Match Challenge, Feb 27
Ultimo Guerrero & Volador Jr vs Rush & Terrible, CMLL Feb 23
Io Shirai vs Momo Watanabe, Stardom, Feb 18
The Brian Kendrick vs Shinsuke Nakamura, nL Live, Feb 9

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'm getting February's match of the month thread ready. If you've got any matches to recommend or insist on that isn't on Jerusalem's list, post them here before the 7th please.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

TTBF posted:

I'm getting February's match of the month thread ready. If you've got any matches to recommend or insist on that isn't on Jerusalem's list, post them here before the 7th please.

I'm gonna go back to watch a few matches I missed to see if I'll throw them a HM or MOTYC, but the list for now stands at

Evil & Sanada vs Okada & Goto for IWGP Tag Titles - 2/06
The Brian Kendrick vs Shinsuke Nakamura (Simmed) - 2/08
Oedo Tai vs Mayu Iwatani, Tam Nakano & Mari Apache - 2/10
Ospreay vs Takahashi for IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship - 2/10
Okada vs Sanada for IWGP Heavyweight Championship - 2/10
Tony Nese vs Drew Gulak - 2/13
Io Shirai vs Momo Watanabe - 2/18
Reigns/Rollins/Cena/Elis/Balos/Miz/Strowman Gauntlet Match - 2/19
*Niebla Roja vs Soberano Jr - 2/23
*Rush & El Terrible vs Volador Jr & Ultimo Guerrero - 2/23
Cody & Marty Scurll vs The Golden Lovers - 2/24
Asuka & Miz vs Finn & Sasha - 2/27

Matches with an asterisk have a summary already written by someone. If you'd like to write a summary or argument for a match PM me (preferred) or post it here. If you really like a match that you don't see on that list and want it included, send me a PM (preferred) or post it here.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Catching up on New Japan. Still going through the cup.

3/6 New Japan Anniversary
HM - Naito vs Taichi
HM - Suzuki vs Makabe
MOTYC - Okada vs Ospreay

3/11 New Japan Cup
HM - ZSJ vs Naito

3/19 Monday Night Raw
HM - Ultimate Deletion

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

HM: ZSJ/Sanada New Japan Cup 3/18
MOTYC: ZSJ/Tanahashi New Japan Cup 3/21

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Super No Vacancy posted:

hm KES vs Yano/Chuckie!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

HM: Suzuki/Sabre vs. Okada/Ishii, NJPW SSE, 3/25

Agreeing with both.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Baron Corbyn posted:

MOTYC: Ospreay/Scurll
MOTYC: Okada/ZSJ

Professor Funk posted:

HM: Finn Balor v. Seth Rollins, RAW 04/02/2018

Yep

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

HM to munenori sawa & deisuke sekimoto vs. timothy thatcher & walter from Evolve 102

hm to Walter vs Filthy Tom from Bloodsport

I can agree to both of those.

I liked the Riddle vs SZJ match but that crowd reacted like they'd just been told a national tragedy had happened.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

HM: Matt Riddle vs. Daisuke Sekimoto, Evolve, 4/6

sportsgenius86 posted:

HM: Zack Sabre Jr vs. Munenori Sawa, WWN Supershow, 4/6

achillesforever6 posted:

2nd
HM: Keith Lee vs Daisuke Sekimoto WWN Supershow, 4/6

Baron Corbyn posted:

3rd Sabre/Sawa and Riddle/Sekimoto

HM: Ringkampf vs. Dickinson & Jaka - Mercury Rising

sportsgenius86 posted:

MOTYC: Matt Riddle vs. Will Ospreay, WWN Supershow, 4/6

Supershow was loving amazing
Yep

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Nthing that. Oh my god this show is so great already.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'm gonna need to rewatch later to confirm an HM, but I would suggest checking out Madison Eagles vs Deonna Purrazzo on Shimmer 100

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

no one can follow that, yeah, MOTYC

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

HM: Asuka vs Charlotte
HM: Kurt Angle & Rhonda Rousey vs HHH & Stephanie McMahon
WMOTYC: Daniel Bryan & Shane McMahon vs Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens
WMOTYC: Nia Jax vs Alexa Bliss
WMOTYC: AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura
HM: Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar

I know there are matches that are technically worse but I partially judge based upon what I've seen the wrestlers do before and the tag and AJ vs Nakamura were both way below what was expected of them.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

OldTennisCourt posted:

How on earth is Roman v brock HM

I think it was a good match that was doomed from the start to have no one care about it. I think a lot of people are going to overlook or have outright disdain for it solely based upon who was in it, but I did like the match itself. I don't think a better crowd would have pushed it to a MOTYC, but it would have pushed it from a weaker HM to a strong HM.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

HM: Shane Strickland vs Austin Aries for the Impact and DEFY titles, DEFY Vibes, 4/13th

Great match with a crowd that can be best described as molten. I'm fairly sure this one will be on Impact so y'all can actually see it. I have no idea why the Janela vs Randy Meyers match I mentioned in February still isn't available.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

TTBF posted:

When Defy's DEFY X show is released, y'all need to check out the Joey Janella vs Ravenous Randy match. It is bonkers.

Now available on Highspots. Starts around 39 minutes in. Sadly the ceiling light that Joey broke with a thrown chair was just above frame and so you don't get to see it.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

e: whoops, misread. I'm going to nth the Io Shirai vs Meiko Satomura match.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 07:50 on May 1, 2018

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Boco_T posted:

Shouldn't we have a default rule that "3 MOTYC/HM mixed qualifies for HM" so we don't have to worry about people lowering their votes? Just vote your heart!

That's not how it works? I've been operating under the assumption that 3 MOTYCs and 0 HMs meant it got put on the HM list.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

2nd

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

It's almost undoubtedly going to be DragonGate or All Japan due to the quality of matches and the lack of eyes on those products compared to many of the larger promotions worldwide. I'd like to watch them but I don't have the money to be signing up for so many streaming services.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

You should check out Kay Lee Ray vs Meiko Satamura and Sammi Jayne vs Charlie Morgan, both from Pro-Wrestling:Eve's WrestleQueendom. Aside from being really good matches, the crowd was extremely hot for nearly the entire show. There's a spot in the Jayne vs Morgan match that is incredible.

e: Yeah I'll go for a HM for KLR vs Meiko Satamura

TTBF fucked around with this message at 09:19 on May 6, 2018

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Benne posted:

HM: Rollins/Miz
WMOTYC: Nia/Alexa
WMOTYC: Charlotte/Carmella
WMOTYC: Roman/Joe

Agreed

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

What does the list look like now, Jerusalem?

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

HM: Black Destiny, Genio del Aire y Arcángel Divino Vs Black Danger, Mirage y Último Maldito form April 20th. An absolutely amazing sprint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOZGbHOsiK0

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Managed to avoid all spoilers until watching it just now, but yeah MOTY: Okada vs Omega IV

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Watching NXT in spurts so this isn't final but so far

HM: Ricochet vs Velveteen Dream
HM: The Undisputed Era vs Lorcan & Burch

TTBF fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jun 17, 2018

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

HM: Jack Gallagher vs Drew Gulak, UK Tournament, June 13th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21KVoHjeN8c

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Sorta? The crowd sounds like an actual sports crowd to me, which means an incessant buzzing noise unless they're so bored they're quiet. i can tell when they're uniformly happy or mad about something but at other times you have to judge the audience reaction by how loud (or quiet) the buzzing is.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I hold hope that LA Park vs Rush will be a contender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Baron Corbyn posted:

I (and TTBF) gave this match a HM nomination back when it aired and now you can watch it for free (for the next week)

I'm having trouble finding the link to the match itself. Is it part of the 7 day trial or am I missing it on the website?