Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Do not even ask posted:

WMOTY: Women's Battle Royal, Wrestlemania 34

I wish they didn't nix Moola's name from it, because a match that dire is the kind of thing she deseves

I'll second this. Pretty much everything around it was terrible, from the match itself, to the commentary and productions crews just flatout not giving a gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

If Jinder/AJ can get a HM/MOTYC just because AJ won then AJ/Nak can get a WMOTYC due to being a massive disappointment.

Brock/Roman is being nominated because it was a complete joke of a match that descended into parody when they kept fishing for F5 kickout cheers that were never going to happen.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

shiksa posted:

yeah it went from "eh its fine" to very bad once brock just started hitting f5s, roman kicking out, then doing it again immediately.

It was a weird match even before the F5 spam because it was seriously the WM31 match all over again, right up to Roman staging a comeback via a ringpost hit. I think probably the best that can be said of it is, yeah, "technically fine for what it is" but the blatant repeat from WM31 was already tainting it a bit even before it bottomed out with the F5 mess.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I mean in this case it's specifically a matter of "we know what they can do, because we've literally seen it before." In general the point was that this dumb thing is based solely on subjective feelings and responses, so who cares if folks want to nominate a poorly constructed and executed match for WMOTY because it was a massive step down from the match that preceded it.

Aphrodite is probably right that this is a case where a Dishonorable Mention category would be great. The match deserves some form of recognition for being the complete fuckup it was, imo, and WMOTY is the only way to do that.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

super macho dude posted:

IDLTAFLESKTAAHSEWAWMAVMFOTY: AJ Styles vs Nakamura, Wrestlemania 34

Second.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

gently caress it

WMOTYC: Samoa Joe vs Roman Reigns, WWE Backlash 5/6/18

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

gently caress it it was a good match even if I wanted a different result

HM: AJ Styles vs Rusev, Extreme Rules 2018

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Ya'll know what the gently caress I'm nominating for WMOTY here I shouldn't even need to say it.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

NienNunb posted:

MOTYC Kenny vs Penta, All In

Thirded

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

HM to Mysterio/Bandido/Fenix vs Bucks & Ibushi. I thought more people would have nominated that but i guess not.

yeah i'll nth that, it was fun as heck

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

WMOTY: braun/roman HIAC

it's qualified already but nth holy poo poo

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Roman Reigns will now have a WMOTYC in 5 of the last 6 months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Venomous posted:

WMOTYC: Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose, WWE Tables, Ladders & Chairs 2018, 12/16

this match loving sucked and it really shouldn't have sucked. What the gently caress happened to Seth this year?

third