Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In concept at least having the belt hanging inside so you have to get it with a ladder then escape the cage sounds superior to escaping the cage then getting the belt with a ladder elsewhere.

But the cage doesn't seem like it would bring any cool ladder spots you couldn't normally do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm happy for Mr. Bliss.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

It was certainly the most unsettled and concerned I've been watching wrestling for awhile :gonk:

Ospreay is saying he might miss next weekend's shows now so I guess you were right to be.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Professor Funk posted:

HM: Finn Balor v. Seth Rollins, RAW 04/02/2018

Not sure why it happened right before Mania, but it was a really good match, and one of the best TV matches so far this year

Seth needed his win back.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

drat that’s hardcore.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Probably not even worse than any of the women's matches from ROH last night, but yeah still bad enough to list there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Veto. ROH happened.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I second both the WMOTYC and MOTYC for that match.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nah, started dying off somewhere during AJ/Shinsuke.

Still reacted to the bigger spots in the Raw women’s, but totally dead for the last two.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They were never going to squash one of their new faces of the company.

(Yeah I know they did to Cena but that's different.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You just need a Dishonorable Mention category for "Match I didn't like" because it's unclear whether hyperbole is discouraged or not in this thread.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I didn't like this and feel like everyone should know that and also hopefully someone else will agree with me and validate my feelings.

Acronym would be pretty long though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Was the Cody match in the US non title?

Or did it somehow get 4 stars?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think if we allow post match this thread gets way busier.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Cameo posted:

Depending on how you want to count "show", the three night sprint of the end of the G1 27 produced a five star, a six star, and a five and 3/4ths star match for each night's main event, and then at Fukushima a month later they literally had three matches below one star and the highest rating was three and a quarter. That first Destruction show last year was a loving mess of a thing.

Plus Dave probably won’t actually go that low on Backlash.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah then he’ll probably give it a bunch of 2s. He’s easy on WWE.

Like he described the Nia/Alexa match “unlike the first match which wasn’t good this had no heat”, but he still gave that a 2 3/4.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 06:26 on May 7, 2018

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The scale for WWE is totally different. It has to be really, truly unwatchable to get below 2.

It means a 2 is still really bad, but don’t expect to see a bunch of 1s or anything.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

2 is like the baseline for a bad WWE match. Below that, it means it was either an uninteresting squash or a botchy mess or something notably bad.

Although now that I've seen more comments from last night this one might actually break him and just get duds all over.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, and he's said it on Twitter too.

He hasn't said "it's because WWE sucks" obviously but he definitely has lower standards for them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Baron Corbyn posted:

I think that passed the "truly unwatchable" test in Aphrodite's post tbh

Yeah after seeing Dave's comments on the show the next day it became more obvious he was going to go harsh on it.

I feel like just about all of those would be ranked better on a card that wasn't so terrible overall though. Probably not Joe/Roman.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Amazingly enough 11 people gave Backlash a thumbs up in the observer pull :psyduck:

Compare that to Dontaku night 2 which got 0 Thumbs down

Maybe they're Nia's fans.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's not even allowed to do the GTS anymore.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A one sided match is not necessarily a squash.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dakota Kai did for a week or two after Shayna did it to her.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don’t know if overbooked is the right word but it sure did suck.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh yeah sorry, yes it is.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I Before E posted:

What really pushed it to MOTY for me is a particular shot after an Ibushi/Ospreay acrobatic sequence, where Kenny moves towards Kota on the apron and tousles his hair before the two stare down Ospreay. Such a casual character move shot perfectly to cap off a great sequence.

Did the ref count it as a tag?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

wmotyc: Miz/Maryse vs. Bryan/Brie

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

5th on the condition that the women are kept separate, like God intended.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Uh, I assume that was into a stack of bodies outside the ring right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

I think another Brock match did earlier this year.

The Goldberg finale did I think.