Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i was going to vote b but could not in good faith vote the same way as stab

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Captain Foo posted:

i was going to vote b but could not in good faith vote the same way as stab

Thats because you need to get out

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

stab posted:

Thats because you need to get out

wrong, binch

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Brb, planning coup.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
:yeshaha:

Everything is going as planned!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

is it a real team if there isn't dysfunction and infighting among the board

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
I just wanted Coach Brown to get fired and take the job offer.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Chapter the Fourth: Mediocrity, Happy Mediocrity
November 3, 2020-December 15, 2020

Lets see how long we can keep this unbeaten streak going. We're up against a relegated team in a massive slump, and then a trio of top half squads.

Vannucci is playing well for Latina in Serie C, but even better for us is Francesco Di Mattia holding his own as a starter in Novara at the tender age of seventeen. If he keeps that up all season I'll give him playing time in Serie B next year.

Not sure how Vereecken doesn't make the team of the week after his performance.

Election day! I hope I remembered to cast my overseas ballot! Coach Brown is a Vermin Supreme supporter all the way.

Crud, Kwame's going to miss a game.

at Bari
Serie B
November 7, 2020

Bari's been bad, languishing in 21st place and having fired their manager a week ago. They should be much, much better, having only just been relegated to Serie B this season and with oddsmakers giving them a reasonable chance to return. I want to hit them when they're still reeling, and not give them a chance to recover.

Formation: 3-5-2 Counter
Starting 11: Turrin; Punzi, Franco, Gaillard; Vanzetta, Colonna; Conti (c), Dürig, Tesoro; Jacques, Minelli.
Subtitutes: Cataldi, Kwame, Tesoro, Jacques, Prestia, Centonze, Zorniger, Vogliacco, Matera, Buonagrazia, Quaranta, Enrici.

Filip Raicevic is the only white jersey in a sea of yellow and blue, yet somehow gets his head over everyone elses to score Bari's opening bid. Our issues with scalawag Scandinavians continues, first it was a Finn tormenting us, and now it's a naughty Norwegian, Stefan Johansen, going in two footed on Conti. The ref couldn't miss it, and we've got a man advantage for the next 70+ minutes. It only takes us five minutes to tie it up, as Colonna puts back his own rebound. Bari aren't entirely toothless, hitting the post twice on counter attacks. As the game goes on, I switch to a 4-4-2 to give us better width, but we can't break down a determined Bari defense. We 're forced to settle for a draw.

Player of the Match: Salvatore “Sally Columns” Colonna

Bari 1-1 San Marino

We should have won that. I don't care what the fans think, Bari are in a terrible run of form and we were a man up for 70 minutes but only managed one goal.

Get off my back about the 3-5-2 already!

Someone offer me a job so I can extort request a raise from the board.

Because they're not giving me anything for just rumors.

The signing of Vereecken makes Morotti an actual backup. He'll get into a couple matches this season but it's the end of the road with us.

Sally Columns wuz robbed.

I hope all the praise doesn't go to his head, though.

Yeah, Zorniger's getting dropped from a key player to a first teamer.

Coach's Office, San Marino Calcio
November 13, 2020, 10:55 am

(The COACH looks at a new message on her PIXEL 4 EU VERSION THAT STEALS SLIGHTLY LESS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA WE SWEAR XL 5G)

: Finally, someone steps to the plate. They want to meet today? Let's do lunch.

(Later that day at a trattoria just across the San Marino border)

: (coughing on the water she just sipped) Uh... A bit more than that couldn't hurt?

(The next day)

: Let's do this.

San Marino Calcio Boardroom
November 14, 2020, 5:15 p.m.

(The COACH sweeps into the room 15 minutes after the meeting was supposed to begin, as the BOARD was beginning to check their watches and fidget)

: Before anyone says a word, I want to make it clear that I am being criminally underpaid and we all know it.

: The lowest paid head coach not named Scott Brown in Serie B is Massimiliano Alvini at AlbinoLeffe. He's making nearly 50% more than I am. All he's managed is to lead them to dead last place.

: Bari's paying their interim coach more than you're paying me.

: Fifteen teams in the league are paying their head coach €5,750 a week. Three of the others have interim coaches, all of whom have talked about hiring me. I want my wages increased to €5,750 a week, and an extension on my contract until after the 2024 season, or I tell you right now you risk losing me. I am not in the mood to negotiate.

: Pay me what you owe. Coach out.

It would be unfair if I didn't let my U20 coach take over a club of his own when I'm taking interviews for Crotone, right?

By a vote of 23 to 13, the Board - in its infinite wisdom - decided to meet my demands. They also tossed me a bonus for avoiding relegation.

The Board have made the supporters very happy.

:smuggo:

vs Foggia
Serie B
November 15, 2020

Foggia are 6th in the league, but we're at home and we're hot. I could see this going either way, though we're due for a loss eventually.

Formation: 4-4-2 Double Pivot
Starting 11: Cataldi; Vanzetta, Prestia, Gaillard, Quaranta; Buonagrazia, Conti (c); Colonna, Vereecken; Zorniger, Stecca.
Subtitutes: Turrin, Kwame, Franco, Punzi, Vogliacco, Dürig, Morotti, Centonzi, Enrici, Jacques, Minelli.

Bert Zorniger is doing nothing with his opportunity to shine, and is subbed off after an hour of fruitless play for Feddy Minelli. Meanwhile, youth team product Buonagrazia putting in some good set piece work, creating chances from multiple corners and free kicks, but we've but nowt to show for it. Stecca also makes a great run past four defenders, but puts the finish high. Our defense is solid throughout, especially Giuseppe Prestia, who doesn't allow Foggia to take an easy shot all day. Too bad that Mattia Finotto puts paid to our hopes of a result with a dagger from the moon in the 80th minute.

Player of the Match: Mattia Finotto

San Marino 0-1 Foggia

Our offense wasn't there today, but there's no shame in losing to a good club when their only goal comes from a belter like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCCDrU_yPNU

And we'll be fine as far as our seasonal aspirations go, so long as we don't immediately go on another long losing jag.

Zorniger and Jacques have had opposite starts to their San Marino careers. One leaped at the chance to establish themselves up top, and the other has scuffled mighty hard.

He's a fresh face at the club, so I'm going to try to build up his confidence before screaming at him. Especially since he already thinks I'm too mean in my pep talks.

Time to find a new U20s coach! This is so much easier now that I know I can filter for realistic candidates in the staff search query.

He's not being given much extra work, “light” extra duties on a new preferred move. He can deal with it.

at Perugia
Serie B
November 21, 2020

I'm not expecting much from an away game against a club sitting 8th in the league who have the advantage of a home crowd behind them. If we can draw, that'd be enough.

Formation: 3-5-2 Wingbacks
Starting 11: Cataldi; Punzi, Franco, Gaillard; Vanzetta, Kwame; Conti (c), Dürig, Enrici; Jacques, Minelli.
Subtitutes: Turrin, Quaranta, Vogliacco, Prestia, Matera, Vereecken, Tesoro, Colonna, Centonze, Pazzi, Zorniger, Stecca.

Jacques has best chance of either side the first half, but can't beat the keeper. Has another chance from range and tries to chip the keeper, but puts it too close and it's an easy save. He comes off as both sides are still looking for the opening goal of the match in the 71st minute for Stecca.

Perugia get a chance a minute later, but Cataldi is able to make the stop. In the 77th minute the home side puts the ball into the net and it looks like we've given up another late winner, but it's called back as the lurking striker was offside and made Cataldi come off his line and interfered with the play. That's not the end of the excitement, though, as Zakaria Franco makes a huge mistake in the 83rd minute. The young defender takes a heavy touch on a backpass, and the Perugia striker Mustacchio nips around him and onto goal. Franco manages to make a last ditch hooking tackle to knock the ball off Mustacchio's boot-tips, but it rolls only as far as Di Carmine, who finishes the easy goal.

Amazingly, we're not out of it, as not ninety seconds later Vanzetta finds Stecca with a killer ball through the middle, and Sammy slams home an equalizer. We've got the point I wanted, if we can hang onto it. We're going to need to last six long minutes of stoppage time, but at 90' +2 Gaillard once again finds a marauding Stecca, and once again Stecca makes his shot count. We've suddenly got the lead. Insigne misses the post by inches in the fourth minute, but in the 8th minute of 6 minutes of stoppage time, we walk off the field victors with a stunning comeback after going down late.
Player of the Match: Sammy Stecca

Perugia 1-2 San Marino

I can't believe we won. We haven't been seeing out results all season, and Franco's error that led to the goal was par for the course in that regard. To come back like that in the final minutes is going to be amazing for the player's self-confidence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eaZOANKTo4

Franco deserves more opprobrium for that mistake, and Stecca deserves to be carried off the field like a conquering hero.

All thanks to Sammy Stecca, whose fresh legs were exactly what the moment called for.

It gets him an U19 player of the week award.

What in the world is up with the dislike for Sammy? Say that to his face, Signore Baccini!

You're in last place, dude. We're four points clear of the drop and are by goal differential exactly middle of the pack.

I'll be happy to remind you again when we play in three weeks and hang another L on you. Try not to get fired before then.

I was wondering when this would happen. Matera went from a full time player to warming the bench as Dürig has usurped most of his playing time.

Thank heavens for Captain Conti. Matera's got another year and a half on his deal, and while he's a solid backup for this level I might try to move him in the summer so that he can play more frequently.

Probably a good thing for our trainers to speak Italian when giving instructions to players on how to treat their injuries.

That's all well and good, but if his performances don't improve he's going to be on the bench. A 6.65 average rating is not good enough for our leading playmaker.

What happened to Sarri at Napoli that he ended up at Sassulo?! Regardless, I'm not selling Colonna no matter how good the manager sniffing about him is.

vs Carpi
Serie B
November 28, 2020

Carpi are in 4th place and have won nine of their matches on the season. They don't have a great goal differential, though, and were only picked to finish midtable in the pre-season. I think we can take them if we're cautious.

Formation: 3-5-2 Wingback
Starting 11: Cataldi; Punzi, Vogliacco, Gaillard; Kwame, Morotti; Matera, Dürig, Enrici; Stecca, Minelli (c).
Subtitutes: Turrin, Vanzetta, Quaranta, Prestia,

If Enrici were slightly more accurate we'd snatch an early lead, but instead he wastes Minelli's perfect cross by putting it off the post. Minelli decides to do it himself, instead. His goal's set up by Dürig's silky passing. Feddy puts the ball in the net again a minute later, but was offside by several feet and the line ref takes notice. We are causing panic and terror amongst the Carpi defense on the counter.

Stecca nets after Enrici and Minelli do some nice one touch passing. Minelli adds a third goal to our total in the 32nd minute, and Carpi's defense is utterly devastated. Two minutes later Matera puts in a corner kick that should be handled easily by Carpi's keeper, but the goalie muffs the catch and it bounces right off Punzi's head and into the net for a fourth goal.

Carpi pick up one after the break as a not fully fit Morotti misses an interception leading to an easy goal at 57 minutes, but I'm unconcerned given our three goal lead. Another error less than ten minutes later, though, and I'm starting to get frustrated. We don't give up anything else, and the day is capped by Minelli bagging his hat trick in the 82nd minute.

Player of the Match: Federico “Feddy Wap” Minelli

San Marino 5-2 Carpi

I don't love that we gave up two easy goals because our defenders were caught ball watching. I do love how dominant our counter-attack was. And I really love thrashing a top of the table squad by three goals... while using the maligned 3-5-2.

It's so good to see Minelli back in form. Come January I'm going to try and extend his loan. Pescara look likely to go back up, so they might just agree.

On the other hand, they might think he's ready for some play in Serie A, and refuse my request.

And I don't think I could get away with kidnapping him, even if he wouldn't mind.

All our loaned players are getting plenty of playing time, and Di Mattia continues to acquit himself very well for being 17 year old in Serie C.

Stecca and Minelli and Punzi on the team of the month, we've really rounded into form.

We even turned a profit last month, on the back of having just enough people show up to our matches. See? We can afford the doubling of my salary.

How do you pull your abs while turning? Are we sure the physios really have become fluent in Italian?

at Livorno
Serie B
December 5, 2020

Livorno is the only promoted club higher on the table than we are, but they have a worse goal differential. We're away, though, and that always makes things harder. Missing Punzi also hurts, since we won't have my first choice centerback pairing.

Formation: 4-4-2 Standard
Starting 11: Cataldi; Vanzetta, Prestia, Gaillard, Kwame; Colonna, Conti (c), Centonze, Vereecken; Jacques, Minelli.
Subtitutes: Turrin, Franco, Dürig, Stecca, Vogliacco, Enrici, Zorniger, Morotti, Matera, Quaranta, Tesoro, Buonagrazia

Sally Columns is a menace on the right wing, but it's Livorno who score first when Mattia Biolcati somehow gets a shot off with Prestia inches away from him. Colonna creates a chance for Jacques in response, but Jacques somehow can't manage to beat an out of position keeper. Meanwhile, on the other side of the field, Vereecken is not matching Colonna's continued excellence and keeps sending in multiple crosses that are way too close to the keeper for us to capitalize on.

Colonna finally gets a long deserved assist when Vereecken equalizes in the 31st minute, but we don't stay ahead long. Prestia gets caught flat footed on a weird pass/cross/shot in the 37th minute, and the ball bounces off his leg and deflects into the net.

Our chances sour soon after, as an obvious penalty for scything down Jacques right in front of the net is ignored by the ref and we concede on the ensuing counter attack. Jacques manages to get us back into the game minutes before the half, but we immediately concede yet another goal to go into the lockers down two.

We have plenty of chances in the second half, with Vereecken almost scoring on two occasions right after the restart. He can't put the ball into the net. Neither can Conti, who misses a chance in the last 10 minutes, nor can Jacques, who misses one with two minutes left. We leave Livorno standing despite torching their defense on the regular, and when Vereecken scores in the 4th minute of stoppage time, it's too little too late.

Player of the Match: Salvatore “Sally Columns” Colonna

Livorno 4-3 San Marino

Just a waste of a chances while we served them up on a platter. We got counter-punched into oblivion.

Our defense let us down, badly. I appreciate the kind words, though.

Good. I immediately negotiate a new contract with his agent. It's a huge raise from his current minimum wage, but it'll keep him from going moon-eyed at any attention from Serie B and mediocre Serie A clubs.

Zorniger is still upset about that one pep talk.

Until he starts scoring I don't see why I should have to listen.

I think this is the first match we've been favored in almost all season.

vs AlbinoLeffe
Serie B
December 12, 2020

Our season could be going worse. We could be AlbinoLeffe, who just climbed out of last place with a win last week against suddenly struggling Carpi. Remember when their coach was talking about how we were relegation bait? I'd like to make him eat those words.

Formation: 4-4-2 Attack
Starting 11: Cataldi; Vanzetta, Franco, Gaillard, Kwame; Colonna, Conti (c), Dürig, Vereecken; Stecca, Minelli.
Subtitutes: Turrin, Vogliacco, Enrici, Jacques, Prestia, Matera, Zorniger, Morotti, Buonagrazia, Centonze, Quaranta, Pazzi.

AlbinoLeffe are under pressure from the jump, but are well enough organized to keep us from grabbing an early goal. They strike back after a bit of possession in the 37th minute and wer're disappointing the home crowd. I cooly tsk the players at halftime. It doesn't help, especially not when Kwame gets called for a penalty and AlbinoLeffe convert. Our visitors and would-be relegation bait then nail a screamer from range, and while Score minutes later on a screamer from range. We're toast, and suddenly looking wildly out of sorts. That shows when Franco commits a stupid penalty in the dying minutes. Only a Sammy Stecca consolation goal provides any joy for the disappointed crowd.

Player of the Match: Luca “Penalty Shot” Ferri

San Marino 1-4 AlbinoLeffe

I am entirely in agreement, Signora Agostinone and Signora Termini.

But rest assured I laid into the squad for that awful display.

A great November where a single great shot keeps us from going unbeaten is followed by stumbling all over the place when we get to December. That's going to happen with a young team playing over their head in the second division, but it doesn't make it any less infuriating. Our defense is going to get lumps of coal from Santa at this rate.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jan 23, 2019

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

4 goals to albinoleffe?

oof

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire?)
Begin intensive training.

With bears.

Lots of bears.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Is it just me or are there a poo poo ton of outside the box wonderstrikes this year?

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

LionYeti posted:

Is it just me or are there a poo poo ton of outside the box wonderstrikes this year?
Long shots got buffed at some point during FM18's lifetime (after being completely horrendous and never going anywhere near the goal at launch) and currently seem a little overtuned in FM19, yeah.

Wizard Styles fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jan 25, 2019

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Takes me back to FM09 or so when Rafael Van Der Vaart would ping in a screamer pretty much every match for me.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Also, if there's like 15-20 long shots combined between the sides every match then every few matches one of those is going to go in. Even a .02 xgoal shot is a goal expected in every 50 opportunities.

The real thing is that we've done a vastly better job in the last two months of keeping our opponents from getting clean shots inside the penalty area. We gave up all of five clear cut chances in those last six games... while conceding 12 goals. And two of those chances were from penalties.

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
Are the defenders making mistakes doing so due to some mental stats that we don't normally see? Or does that get tied into stuff like Composure?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
As I understand it, Decisions is the primary stat that governs whether a player does something smart or something stupid. But that electronic die roll can at various times be modified by... well, basically every mental attribute. And also several hidden attributes (Consistency, Pressure, Dirtiness in the case of tackling, Important Matches; you can see them with the in-game editor but otherwise you don't get to see the numerical value for these attributes, you just get a 'this guy is consistent/inconsistent' in the scouting report if it's notably high or low.)

That's only when the player decides what to do, mind; he can make the right decision and then still fail at whatever he tries to do due to failing his technical attributes check(s). He might e.g. correctly identify the right pass to create a scoring opportunity for a winger cutting into the box, but then fail at Passing or Technique and in the match engine it may look like he just passed the ball right to a defender's feet like a dumbass.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Are we a Swiss team now? Because our defense might as well be a cheese full of holes. :v:

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Ritznit posted:

Are we a Swiss team now? Because our defense might as well be a cheese full of holes. :v:

New FM challenge: Win the Champion's League with Gruyère United FC.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Trundel posted:

Are the defenders making mistakes doing so due to some mental stats that we don't normally see? Or does that get tied into stuff like Composure?

Everything that Eric the Mauve said is correct. Also, some players are good at a position, but not great, so for example Franco is not 100% comfortable playing as a centerback rather than a left fullback, which can lead to him drifting out of optimal position or reacting incorrectly.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

habeasdorkus posted:

Everything that Eric the Mauve said is correct. Also, some players are good at a position, but not great, so for example Franco is not 100% comfortable playing as a centerback rather than a left fullback, which can lead to him drifting out of optimal position or reacting incorrectly.

Can a player eventually become 100% habituated to a new position? One thing that I've noticed is that "positional familiarity" mechanics in sports games of all stripes tend to be really badly bloody implemented.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

I'd heard somewhere (not sure where) that positional familiarity actually does pretty much nothing and is just a guide for the AI as to where to put their mans. If your stats are good for the position, you can play it.

Not sure how true that is, though!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

habeasdorkus posted:

Volume IV: One Thousand to One
July 1, 2020-July 1, 2021

Prologue: Tony Toni Tone, the Belle of the Summer Window.
July 1, 2020-August 1, 2020

(The COACH leans up against the doorway of PESTRIN’s office on his last day with San Marino)

: (farewelling-ly) Best of luck to you, ya big lunk.

(PESTRIN looks up, and removes his NOISE-CANCELLING HEADPHONES)

: (distractedly) Sorry. What was that, Boss?

: (indulgently) Never change, Manolo.

I'm catching up with the thread and this little exchange during the summer offseason was sweet. :kimchi: Keep us updated on Manolo!

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

sebzilla posted:

I'd heard somewhere (not sure where) that positional familiarity actually does pretty much nothing and is just a guide for the AI as to where to put their mans. If your stats are good for the position, you can play it.

Not sure how true that is, though!

My understanding (which could be wrong) is that role familiarity has no actual effect and just guides the AI's squad choices, but position familiarity does matter and playing a lad at a position he isn't trained to play applies a penalty to his Decisions (and also, depending on his personality, is liable to piss him off).

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I'm now in 2043 on my current save and West Ham--I poo poo you not, West Ham--is a megabastard. Arsenal got relegated in 2040 and won like 42 games in the Championship in 2041.

I'm just telling you this as an excuse to express my deep and abiding hope that more updates are forthcoming! :pray:

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Eric the Mauve posted:

I'm now in 2043 on my current save and West Ham--I poo poo you not, West Ham--is a megabastard. Arsenal got relegated in 2040 and won like 42 games in the Championship in 2041.
I'm traveling the globe in my current save (in South Korea right now after about a season in Iceland and two and a half in Malaysia) and I'm hoping that when I've got the reputation and qualifications for the big European leagues in 2030 or something there'll be a situation like this.
I want a giant to fall so I can return them to megabastardness.

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

The best future. *blows bubbles*

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
https://deadspin.com/nearly-bankrupt-italian-club-fields-seven-teenagers-to-1832689666

A Serie C club fielded only 7 teenagers due to financial trouble and lost 20-0.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
My board just accepted a transfer bid because it was too good to turn down.
2 million for a tranfer within Korea for a 19 year old that PSG scouted and made a lowball offer for in the past and both Porto and Benfica are currently interested in.
I successfully protested against the decision.
Possibly my greatest moment playing Football Manager this year so far.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

pthighs posted:

https://deadspin.com/nearly-bankrupt-italian-club-fields-seven-teenagers-to-1832689666

A Serie C club fielded only 7 teenagers due to financial trouble and lost 20-0.

i thought of this thread immediately

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Binged the poo poo out of this thread over the past few days.

Did the main Football Manager thread in... Games? Ray Parlour? fall into archives? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I'm about to start my second season as Boston United in FM2016, playing in the Vanarama National after getting promoted last year. Just watched my first game full-time and it was a drat fine-looking 3-0 victory against Torquay. I pretty much never watch full-time games, but I'm trying to do it more often, since it seems like the only way to really properly get a feel for how well the team is doing or not.

That and I know jack poo poo about football so I guess the more of it I watch, the better. Also: is FM19 Mobile any good?

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Drone posted:

Binged the poo poo out of this thread over the past few days.

Did the main Football Manager thread in... Games? Ray Parlour? fall into archives? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I'm about to start my second season as Boston United in FM2016, playing in the Vanarama National after getting promoted last year. Just watched my first game full-time and it was a drat fine-looking 3-0 victory against Torquay. I pretty much never watch full-time games, but I'm trying to do it more often, since it seems like the only way to really properly get a feel for how well the team is doing or not.

That and I know jack poo poo about football so I guess the more of it I watch, the better. Also: is FM19 Mobile any good?

They just kept the 2016 thread open.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

For your reference here's the highlight of the FM thread:

OoohU posted:

Gotta say seeing my team "overwhelmed from feedback" when were 1-0 up and I'm yelling encouragement while on the preseason tour is a new thing for sure.

Shouts and teamtalks as a whole seem more varied from fm18. What shouts have you guys been using?

sassassin posted:

Give the fans something to cheer for > There's more to come from you and I believe you have what it takes > Demand More > Demand More > Things are going well keep it up > Demand More > Demand More > Demand More > (Aggressive) I'm not happy

Which set up the 2018 Post of the Year:

jesus WEP posted:

please don't post what my gf says to me in bed

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

every supportive but slightly exasperated lover in the history of ever posted:

I think there's a lot more to come from you and I completely believe you've got what it takes.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Eric the Mauve posted:

the 2018 Post of the Year:

I bet that she loves it when he goes into extra time, though.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
Just caught up with this entire LP and am excited to be able to follow it in real time, Forza Titani

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

It's happening!

Also, I have so many things to tell you once I get off my rear end.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

habeasdorkus posted:

It's happening!

Also, I have so many things to tell you once I get off my rear end.

I'm really, really chuffed that Wrexham finaly made it to the archives.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Awesome can't wait to share it

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

JustJeff88 posted:

I bet that she loves it when he goes into extra time, though.

Yeah, that's when coach uses the last sub to bring in the young phenom to get bloodied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah
I feel this long delay between updates is indicative of poor leadership from foo, we need to get him out so that regular updates can resume.