Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Kamen Rider episode was a good idea but not belt Jingle 0/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

What are you talking about? There's a Rider belt-esque jingle hell scene when everyone shows up :colbert:

7/10 not enough plastic chairs were destroyed in the making of this episode

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The real epic was all the pop teams we met along the way. :unsmith:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I can't believe the bastards did it. Like, first season, we were half-hoping for the last episode to just be Hoshiiro Girldrop and then they do THIS. The finale for a toku show.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

certified eco-friendly anime

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

certified eco-friendly anime

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ultraman Decker? Kamen Rider Geats? Avataro Sentai Donbrothers?

Nah, Endless LOVE is the toku of the year, no doubt.

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
I didn't expect to watch the final episode of a live action tokusatsu show in an absurd comedy anime.

The show's surprisingly good. It's well acted (though it's very cheesy), it has really good fight scenes and the CGs are good for the most part (The 2 girls are intentionally animated like crap).

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Please respect their effort to be eco friendly

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

there's a pretty good casting gag in this one

when yuichi nakamura (live actor) meets himself from another timeline he's dubbed over by yuichi nakamura (voice actor)

https://twitter.com/RaihanH98/status/1604310218539929600

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

repiv posted:

there's a pretty good casting gag in this one

when yuichi nakamura (live actor) meets himself from another timeline he's dubbed over by yuichi nakamura (voice actor)

https://twitter.com/RaihanH98/status/1604310218539929600

I had a feeling that there was a lot of jokes like this that I was missing while enjoying a pretty solid toku finale.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

I Am Fowl posted:

I had a feeling that there was a lot of jokes like this that I was missing while enjoying a pretty solid toku finale.

This thread covers a lot of the wordplay/puns in the names https://twitter.com/dramata1/status/1604256733966245888

Also good is this capstone from later in the day: https://twitter.com/dramata1/status/1604320114630950913

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

lmao AOTY

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I Am Fowl posted:

The bit is full of layers if you're familiar with the works being parodied - from how the wardrobe's a lowkey reference to his character on Kamen Rider Den-O, to how he slowly steals the protagonist's thunder referencing his infamous stint on Hibiki; all the locations being a primer on Toei locations, ending the episode on an abandoned lot like many Heisei rider shows before it, the references to the annual Rider crossovers during the ending fight, the trademark appearance of a Sakamoto Girl™, list goes on

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
i cannot loving believe the gall of this show to pull something like this and have it be really loving good

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
This lovely anime ended the only way it could have: by not being an anime. NGL, the Infinite Popuko + Pipimi Death Parade went hard as hell.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

PTE is good.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I’m so confused is the “season 7” on crunchyroll the actual new season of this

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I’m so confused is the “season 7” on crunchyroll the actual new season of this

No it's the one listed as season 2

Only registered members can see post attachments!

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Julias posted:

That’s very confusing, but I am EXCITED that it is time for new POP TEAM EPIC

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Julias posted:

hate how cr does this poo poo

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Sleng Teng posted:

hate how cr does this poo poo

I ""love"" how the console CR app, whenever we watch the latest dub episode of Spy X Family, it'll roll into the first episode of the dutch dub. What a smart way to show multiple dubs/seasons

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I’ve been looking everywhere for who the VA pairs are thank you for listing them out throughout the thread

My wife who hadn’t watched anime in years and as insisting she knew the pair in ep 1 (and turns out ya it’s haruhi)

Edit: and wait that was ACTUALLY square Enix doing a segment not a dumb joke

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

That’s very confusing, but I am EXCITED that it is time for new POP TEAM EPIC

The funniest one of these to me is with Mob Psycho 100

God imagine if mp100 had 57 seasons

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/ACbu_official/status/1606265934577954816?s=20&t=txD0qBedT1S41el31h4LTg

holy poo poo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1606240521562619904?s=20&t=TNwoS1yFSj3bO3sAjKPzkA

holy poo poo

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I wish I could recommend this show to more people but the overlap of people who laughed at the power metal joke, get the mech references, think the ac-Bu stuff is funny and also not only played ff14 but watched the streams must be 5 people

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I don't think you need to know the origins of every single reference to enjoy PTE tbh. Personally I enjoyed it plenty and I got 0% of the FFXIV and Apex segments' references

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Ignis posted:

I don't think you need to know the origins of every single reference to enjoy PTE tbh. Personally I enjoyed it plenty and I got 0% of the FFXIV and Apex segments' references

Yeah I think it’s just a certain type of humor that anyway not everyone gets. Really feels like a 2000s adult swim show, but anime

The flute solo in episode 6 absolutely killed me. Strong 20th century Fox logo flute solo vibes

Edit: holy poo poo the b sides in the ep 6 dating sim are hot guys they’re actually putting effort now

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

HELLSHAKE YANO. HELLSHAKE YANO

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

HELLSHAKE YANO. HELLSHAKE YANO

I watched this episode like 6 or 7 times and showed it to people who don't even like anime and they all lol'ed pretty hard

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

The Exciting Sound Shop Apollon made a replica of Hellshake's 108-string guitar as seen on episode 7
https://apollonmusic.com/blog/blog-8837/

It's an actual object that can produce sound
https://twitter.com/apollonmusic/status/1609176287465308161

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Oh my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:
Rewatching the show, and come the New York skit in S1 E9, you see a young Mike Haggar:

Then a few years later, we get Luke in Street Fighter, who looks like this in his kid art:

They look really similar. Probably a coincidence but I thought it was neat.