Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I guess castle walls also break in 12 melee hits, if that's your thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

KingShiro posted:

Also being a new player, I have won rounds being dead as Kapkan because the last one or two enemies run into my traps. I've been using Blitz on attack, even with shields being wonky I can still do things sometimes.

House is a garbage map though if there is someone on attack playing Glaz.

Kapkan is one of my favorites. I feel like he needs a tweak or two but I still have a lot of fun playing him. In fact, I had this round earlier today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V1ud3KxNhE

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I guess castle walls also break in 12 melee hits, if that's your thing

I've seen people use the "hit it 11 times, and wait to ambush someone" strategy before and it's always funny.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Major Isoor posted:

Pretty sure you can also shoot him back, through his own bullet holes - if you're crazy enough to try and pull it off! I saw that happen (successfully) only once I think, although it was a fair while ago, so something may have changed.

Glaz's shots used to blow out the plane windows entirely after several rounds making it an issue if you shot through the same window over and over; you could be countersniped with a 416 back then.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Polka_Rapper posted:

I've seen people use the "hit it 11 times, and wait to ambush someone" strategy before and it's always funny.

a pro castle strat is to prep each panel with a different number of hits whose combination is known only to you. that way when op4 starts knocking at your door you will be ready to counter them without wasting an impact.

this is of course a great way to get fuzed so always have at least 1 impact ready or prepare to run as far away from the hostage as possible to escape the blast radius

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Party Plane Jones posted:

Glaz's shots used to blow out the plane windows entirely after several rounds making it an issue if you shot through the same window over and over; you could be countersniped with a 416 back then.

They've changed this back and forth various ways several times. At the moment I don't think you can shoot back out the windows even if Glaz shoots the window (including trying to shoot through the hole).

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Thief posted:

a pro castle strat is to prep each panel with a different number of hits whose combination is known only to you. that way when op4 starts knocking at your door you will be ready to counter them without wasting an impact.

this is of course a great way to get fuzed so always have at least 1 impact ready or prepare to run as far away from the hostage as possible to escape the blast radius

too meta for a siege prole like me

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Thief posted:

a pro castle strat is to prep each panel with a different number of hits whose combination is known only to you.

Trust no one, not even your teammates

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-344176-16/y4s1-designers-notes-pre-season

Upcoming Changes:
- Ash losing the ACOG on her R4
- Mute counters Dokkabei's logic bomb
- Maverick takes longer to switch to/from gadget, may get audio rework
- Capitao's fire is going to go nuts. Larger spread but won't go through objects.
- Lesion's mines do 50% less damage per tick.
- Breaching changes do less damage on the side it was planted on

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Agoat posted:

Upcoming Changes:
- Mute counters Dokkabei's logic bomb
counters it more? and loving finally a nerf to ash

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

counters it more? and loving finally a nerf to ash

You can walk into the range of a jammer to hang up now. It was a counter before but now it's a real hard counter.

Ash still has ACOG on G36C, which is not a bad gun either.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Latest trailer was pulled, still up on this page.

https://twitter.com/Rainbow6AR/status/1096091720645730306?s=19

Mozzie is the dirtbike guy. Defender.
Gridlock is the lady. Attacker
(thanks jebus)

Gridlock gets something called "tracks". Mozzie gets a gadget shot from some sort of launcher. I'm guessing it may take over a drone without requiring a kill?

https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-342820-16/meet-gridlock-and-mozzie

Agoat fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Feb 14, 2019

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Agoat posted:

Mozzie is the dirtbike guy. Attacker.
Gridlock is the lady. Defender.

I think you got that backwards.

”Ubisoft” posted:

As an Attacker, Gridlock...
And Mozzie, as a Defender...

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

El Jebus posted:

I think you got that backwards.

Actually Ubi has it backwards they're gonna have to change the ops now

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

quote:

We are aware that the current playstyle for ballistic shields heavily favors direct gunfights instead of teamwork and tactical positioning. We are looking to address it by slowing down the speed of aiming down sights while having a shield equipped.

Hahahahaha. How about making them more effective than wet tissue paper at stopping bullets? Then maybe people would use them to sit around and position themselves instead of rushing in to try and get frags before they get a bullet in the face through three inches of steel and plexiglass.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Hahahahaha. How about making them more effective than wet tissue paper at stopping bullets? Then maybe people would use them to sit around and position themselves instead of rushing in to try and get frags before they get a bullet in the face through three inches of steel and plexiglass.

They're more effective as shields when they're aggressive. The game syncs them better in ADS.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I honestly can't think of any attackers that would really need their ACOG's taken away other than Ash atm. Unless they are just going take it away from all the 3 speeds just for consistancy's sake and for parity with the Defense.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Agoat posted:

Latest trailer was pulled, still up on this page.

https://twitter.com/Rainbow6AR/status/1096091720645730306?s=19

Mozzie is the dirtbike guy. Defender.
Gridlock is the lady. Attacker
(thanks jebus)

Gridlock gets something called "tracks". Mozzie gets a gadget shot from some sort of launcher. I'm guessing it may take over a drone without requiring a kill?

https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-342820-16/meet-gridlock-and-mozzie

Mad Max Fury Road in Siege :allears:

The music even sounded like Tom Holkenberg

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Removing ACOGs on all attacker 3 speeds would own. I remember in the game's first year when people said ACOGs were poo poo and the red dot was the meta, lololol.

Been playing a ton of Apex Legends lately, and honestly I've warmed to the idea of headshots not being a guaranteed instant kill. Siege is already such an arcadey shooter I think it would work. Maybe keep them doing enough damage to instant down/kill three speeds and have everyone else have a chance of surviving depending on the weapon's damage.

It would radically change the meta, but honestly I think it would be for the better.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Removing ACOGs on all attacker 3 speeds would own. I remember in the game's first year when people said ACOGs were poo poo and the red dot was the meta, lololol.

Things change, recoil especially.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I'd really like it if they just increased the size / height of a shield by 10-20% or so. Just so they are a bit bigger on the sides and top so you don't feel like you die because someone pressed QE and hit your shoulder or knee or because they were two stairs higher on a stairwell and headshot you over the top.

If they took away all ACOGs from speed 3 attackers, maverick would certainly suffer as it is almost mandatory if you want to see anything in a small blowtorch hole, so he'd have to go to the DMR.

EDIT: Here's a comparison for Ash's guns, they are so drat similar it makes me laugh to think they nerfed it in that way. I think 80 ROF difference is so very minor it might as well not be there. Give it 10 less bullets in the magazine or slight recoil increase or something.

Note: this is with vertical grip and muzzle brake, my go-tos for maximum recoil management. The spray would be slightly more pronounced without those.

Captainicus fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Feb 15, 2019

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

holo silencer r4 is more fun for rushing anyway. it has really bad iron sights lmao

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Personally, I used the G36C because I think it looked nice with the SPQR skin :v: I generally prefer reflex or red dots for my attackers, with the exception of a couple that I usually like to hang around outside the building to cover windows and things (nomad, maverick, blackbeard).

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRCf8LWEFeU

:awesomelon: i'm sincerely looking forward to the new drone operator even though i'm not exactly sure how his ability will work

the 3 armor attacker lady is almost certainly just going to be a mirror to Lesion. normally that sort of homogenization sucks in games like this but Ubi has handled it pretty well all Zofias aside

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
The gently caress is this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C61bhu8eI3o

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Ha. Thatcher owns.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Rainbow Harry?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I don't know but I want more. Thatcher owns.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Clearly just a commercial for Dokkabei and Thatchers new "casual" elite uniforms.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Ok, if they're going to start coming out with animated shorts, I might actually buy microtransactions, because wow, eat your loving heart out, Overwatch.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I always knew Siege has the superior waifus but hot drat that's an unexpected twist on Dokkabae's look.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I like.... Thatcher

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Ok, if they're going to start coming out with animated shorts, I might actually buy microtransactions, because wow, eat your loving heart out, Overwatch.

For what the Seige community has become since launch, i'm really glad the youtube presence for this game isn't interested in the same kinda stuff that-say- The Overwatch crowd is (more lore for the heros, new holiday/seasonal events, a single player mode, etc)

Like i'll take hot takes on operator balance every day over some of the stuff Stylosa pushes out every day on Youtube.

ZeusCannon posted:

I like.... Thatcher

:same:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Thatcher good, but lol if I'll believe some dude in his 30s is running a team of the world's best operators

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The new Six is named Harishna and he is the black lady's protege. She got promoted and he took over.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Cup Runneth Over posted:

The new Six is named Harishna and he is the black lady's protege. She got promoted and he took over.

What is considered a promotion over Rainbow Six? Unless she runs the JCS now or something and by extension then means she can bring Third Eschelon into Rainbow at some point.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

ZeusCannon posted:

I like.... Thatcher

I hate Thatcher because his ship is named after Maggie Thatcher.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Samovar posted:

I hate Thatcher because his ship is named after Maggie Thatcher.

Don't you talk about Thatcher like that u fockin' muppet :toughguy:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Nice to see that Ubisoft has finally discovered source filmaker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZX9TNOSfGE

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Guillermus posted:

Don't you talk about Thatcher like that u fockin' muppet :toughguy:

Considering her psycho policies are going to pretty much destroy the UK, I'll say that about her and her crony Tories all I want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

The Shame Boy posted:

What is considered a promotion over Rainbow Six? Unless she runs the JCS now or something and by extension then means she can bring Third Eschelon into Rainbow at some point.

Third Echelon operators confirmed! :D Sam Fisher on attack, being able to destroy lights and use night-vision goggles; in addition to Anna Grimsdottir on defence, who has an ability much like Dok's, revealing where the attackers are.
(Aside from Sam, as he uses an OPSAT for droning instead of a phone; so he's immune, much like Echo is for Dok)

Just wait til they bring in Doug Shetland and his PDA-hiding abilities, when Displace International is added in a few seasons' time... That oughta give Ubi some new inter-op tension material, for their biographies :D