Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Perestroika posted:

So I've recently started playing ranked a bit more (Silver represent :toot:) and I wonder, does the supposed Elo-aspect ever come into play? Because so far it has, without fail, always worked out to: Win a game: Rank Up; Lose a game: Rank down.

There's supposed to be a hidden accuracy rating somewhere in there, that modifies your mmr gain/loss and I assume that your is quite low right now.
I don't think they explained how the accuracy rating changes but the idea is that your mmr supposed to change less the more sure the system is about your skill rating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Welcome Mat + Gu Mine = :awesome:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Why would I play Ying and just have my gadget spray confetti in their faces when I can play Fuze and get 6 kills per round instead?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Are there any attachments that you should unlock asap on anyone you play, from a brief look, none of them attachments seem to have downsides in the descriptions, it's just "pay 250 funnymoney from a single win, shoot gun more gooder"

You want a sight of your choosing (it's really just about preference) and in most of the cases you also want a Flash Hider barrel attachment.
That's basically a must.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Can someone who plays Starter Edition tell me if they have an option to unlock original operators via a bundle R6 coins/real money, the same way you have a bundle to unlock all Year1/Year2 operators?
If yes then how much does it cost?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Deltasquid posted:

These are basically the preferences of one or other pro gamer and not really "objective" by any means. Get a feel for what works best for you

Except that's not the case at all.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Kullik posted:

if i want to throw money at my problems and get all the operators with cash whats the most efficient way to do it. does the fabled season pass everyone talks about contain all the DLC ones at least or a discount or nah

A season pass will give you all the operators of that year. So if you buy Year 3 Season Pass you'll get the 8 operators that will release during 2018.
You'll also get a year 600 R6 bux.
You'll also get a year of "VIP status" which will basically give you 10% more Renown and lower the Renown and R6 Coin cost on everything in the store.

You can still find the Year 2 pass on some websites online, that would give you all the Year 2 operators and 600 R6 coins and if you buy like, 1500 more coins you can get the Y1 operator bundle for a quick access to all operators.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Kikas posted:

No, there is no such bundle, but you can buy operators separately for 300 R6 Credits per operator, and you get 600 for buying the starter. There will never be a bundle/upgrade pack/hotfix for the Starter Edition and it's a deliberate decision made by Ubisoft.

Sprechensiesexy posted:

Yeah, there are Attack and Defense bundles for 2000 R6 coins a piece.

So wait, are there or are there not original operator bundles available?

Because if you can buy all original operators for 4000 R6 then you basically get an option to upgrade your lovely Starter Edition into Full Edition for 30 Euro or so.
Which is still worse than just buying the Full Edition but not by too much.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Deltasquid posted:

Really? drat, I guess discord goons were lying to me then.

Nah, your reading comprehension just sucks.
I recommend looking on the the wiki what the barrel attachments actually do and then having a long hard think.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Deltasquid posted:

Ok cool.

Is reducing the vertical kick of the Famas' 2nd shot by 40% objectively better than slightly reducing the vertical recoil and greatly reducing the horizontal recoil for the first 3 shots?

Gosh I don't know. Maybe I'd have to test them both out before I get a feel for them.

You skipped the part where you were supposed to have a think.

Flash Hider only significantly affects the recoil of the first 3 shots while the Compensator affects the horizontal spread (and vertical recoil, slightly) for the whole spray, making Flash Hider the objectively better choice for the weapons that favor burst fire over sprays and vice verse for the Compensator.

Meanwhile the Muzzle Break is objectively better for semi-auto weapons but I think even you realized that.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I wish you could have Russian reflex on every gun.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Protip: stop playing Casual.
The way people play in Casual and the way people play in Ranked is wildly different.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Casual is good for funtimes but also nobody plays the game seriously in Casual so you're not going to learn anything.
Other than getting the answer to the question "how quickly can a roaming defender die?"

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Plan Z posted:

Jesus, do not pub this game. This might be the worst community I've ever seen for a game. Every solo queue ends up with either teamkilling, someone screaming at me for reinforcing a wall they may eventually plan to put a hole in for peeking then teamkilling me, hacking/glitching, or the other team teamkilling each other. No joke this is 100% of my solo queue results.

What platform and region?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

From my personal experience I feel like I'm being yelled at way WAY less in Siege than in Overwatch.
In fact one of the reason why I stopped playing Overwatch was because people were constantly unhappy about what character I was playing, which doesn't seem to happen much even in Ranked Siege.
At least not at the High Silver/Low Gold ranks.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Sooooo, is Buck just a strictly better version of Sledge or am I missing something?
Cause I can't think of anything Sledge can do that Buck can't.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

You can definitely open up a wall, just like Sledge, with a single Skeleton Key shot. You just need to be not too close to it.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I played Frost for the first time today.
Her gun is disgustingly good.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Shield + Welcome Mat is hilarious because there's literally no way to see the trap without vaulting over the shield and getting caught.

EDIT: Speaking of shields, I found out today that you can use one of those shields to prevent people from entering through a window.
That's really silly on some maps.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jan 7, 2018

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Man, I'm dumb.
I didn't think about that despite just getting a cheevo for killing someone while entering a window via rope.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Rook is seriously good for a new player to play.
The fact that you only need to drop the bag and nothing else is a good thing, because that leaves the player with a lot of time during prep to figure out where all the windows, doors and trapdoors are, good places to camp, etc etc.
Not having anything to do other than looking around is good, especially considering that lack of map knowledge is the biggest killer.

Also yeah, P90 is a good gun for a new player too because it's versatile and good enough to headshot hunt AND magdump with.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jan 8, 2018

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I feel the same about my boy Lesion's shotgun.
The SMG is better buuuuuut the shotgun is so loving cool, I refuse to use the SMG.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ZeusCannon posted:

Cielings ok reinforce very important but floors? Why?

To counter Ash...?
(not really)

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Airspace posted:

So I bought the Starter Edition.

Help.

Can I buy the Standard Edition and pretend nothing happened, or will there be some weird account fuckery that prevents it?

As far as I know, you can buy the normal edition.

Alternatively, I think you can unlock all the original operators via a bundle which will cost you about 30 dollars.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Why don't nerf Ela's range heavily or something?
If they want her to be able to fight several people at once effectively, fine, but she needs some sort of big drawback to compensate.
Right now she's just like any other op, just better.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

That's me ^
I'm hoping that while I'm placing that second reinforcement you'll decide for me where my second one should go.
So I don't have to think for myself.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ZeusCannon posted:

So barring pure luck is there anyway to force pubbies not to reinforce the drat kids room in house.

Have you tried using words?
Preferably explaining why it's a bad idea.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Donnerberg posted:

That's more impractical than shooting them because you'd either have to start explaining at the start of every single match, or scream as soon as the walls start coming up and hope they understand the words "please stop".

Meanwhile a teamkilling will definitely make them understand exactly what you want and what they're doing wrong.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Game ruined. I quit.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I bet none of you are as good at shootin' as me. :smug:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cheater!
I'll report you to my uncle at Ubisoft.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Mega Comrade posted:

Isn't this only true under windows 7?

No but it's also only a frame or two of extra input lag which isn't going to affect you.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Oh right, I forgot, there's not even any real difference at all in input delay between Fullscreen and Borderless when you have VSync on.

Penpal posted:

If you need to run borderless or windowed mode because of multi-monitor issues, cool. But siege has no problems being minimized. I've never run into it crashing or anything, and why not have as little input delay as possible?
I constantly alt-tab during any kind of downtime and fullscreen adds extra waiting time when alt-tabbing to/from the game.

Also I'd be surprised if there are even a dozen people in this thread pro enough at shootman games to be affected by 1-2 frames of extra input lag.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jan 14, 2018

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

caldrax posted:

Well, thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately fullscreen didn't help. It's like a millisecond hitch every second or two that makes it feel like you're walking with a limp. It's not so terrible that I can't play at all, but in a game that requires as much precision as this does, it's annoying enough that it feels like it's putting me at a serious disadvantage.

What's your ping and framerate when hitching happens?
You can turn on that information from game settings.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Homeroom Fingering posted:

So how do the placement matches work? I played a whole one as a boat anchor with people vastly beyond anything in casual. Do they toss you in high ranked games to determine placement?

Yes.
I lost 8 our of 10 placement matches and got placed right in the middle of the skill bell curve.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I got the dice charm yesterday, they're pretty neat.

Equipping them on every weapon for every operator was a loving pain in the rear end though.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

It doesn't matter where you are or how bad you are at the game. Join us on Discord and ask people to play with, there's almost always someone who wants to play.
Even if you're terrible at the game and consistently holding the gun wrong way around. we'll tell you which side the bullets come from and you'll still be better than your average pubbie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I don't recommend Mute. He's not that easy to use.
Get Kapkan or Pulse or Bandit instead as your defender.