Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Something something karmic repayment for 2017 something something :neckbeard:

https://twitter.com/THR/status/949022638193561601

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Sometimes when shows come back after a long rear end "break" they lose a bit of edge or what made it as good, probably because some of the creative staff moved on. So it come back depends on who is writing or heading it.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i know old Animaniacs used to be on Netflix, but all the tv shows that aren't exclusives are going to Hulu. i should either pay for both or just get Hulu and dump Netflix for barely having anything i want to watch

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

cool RSS feed we've got here

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

I haven't even seen the Duck Tales reboot yet. Was it any good?

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTS5kUa_pRQ

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

epsilon posted:

i'm glad that's no longer a rule in gbs

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
i hope they make fun of prince being dead

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

epsilon posted:

gently caress off

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Gatts posted:

Sometimes when shows come back after a long rear end "break" they lose a bit of edge or what made it as good, probably because some of the creative staff moved on. So it come back depends on who is writing or heading it.

If they try to finger Prince now that he's dead, that will be edgy af.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Cautiously optimistic OP.

It’s been 2 decades so maybe that was enough time to get some good ideas and people involved. But it could also lead to a bunch of fans of the original who think they know better and make it poo poo.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

gently caress off

out your trash thread? happily

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Don’t gently caress it up don’t gently caress it up don’t gently caress it up don’t gently caress it up

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

gently caress off

epsilon posted:

out your trash thread? happily

Man, people are angry today.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

fruit on the bottom posted:

Don’t gently caress it up don’t gently caress it up don’t gently caress it up don’t gently caress it up

Didn't the voice actor of one of them just die recently?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The girl, I think

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

This is very exciting news

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Blue Train posted:

Didn't the voice actor of one of them just die recently?

It’s already hosed it’s already hosed it’s already hosed it’s already hosed

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

quote:

hulu

too late

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Name the bitter person who wrote this:

quote:

Animaniacs (not worth even one crown)

Although we at Wild Cartoon Kingdom have not actually seen this cartoon, we felt that it was important to review it anyway. This is a godawful piece of trash. Don't watch this.

In true moron fashion, this cartoon is obviously written by scriptwriters who can't draw. More old jokes done badly...pies in the face...seltzer bottles...long outdated bits of vaudeville - this is the absolute worst use of animation. It just makes you sick.

I did accidentally hear the voices in a promo one saturday morning. More from the "Babs Bunny" school of disgusting, wretched voices. You know the kind - obnoxious, grating...the kind of voices that make your neck-skin crawl crawl and shiver. They're so bad you actually feel embarrassed for the actors. It's the same feeling you get watching your dad beat up by a neighbor. If you have to watch it, turn the sound off.

Where does this stuff come from? Who else?...Steven Spielberg. The guy thinks he is doing a homage to old cartoons, but he's just ruining our memories of the good stuff. We've got to get this guy out of cartoons. Like Bob Camp says, "Spielberg is not a funny guy...he wants to be Walt Disney, but he doesn't know how to make cartoons."

And why does this guy put his name on everything? Have you seen the billboards for the dinosaur cartoon? Aaaaaargh!!! Gimme a break! Pretty soon we'll be seeing billboards that say "Coming soon...a bucket of puke from Steven Spielberg!" or, "Don't miss the latest dried-out bloody-nose boogers from the man who gave you ET!" Better hide your dog's butt before "Steven" signs his name on it.

So we've heard that Warner Brothers is starting their own TV network...rumor has it that they might be taking their cartoons away from Fox to run on their own network...big loss.

Actually, we've a confession to make. After writing this review, we broke down and actually watched these cartoons to see if we were accurate. We were.

-Tom Paine, animator and film historian

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

get that OUT of my face posted:

i know old Animaniacs used to be on Netflix, but all the tv shows that aren't exclusives are going to Hulu. i should either pay for both or just get Hulu and dump Netflix for barely having anything i want to watch

you have to pay more to get less ads with hulu. never pay for hulu.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

There is basically no way this lives up to the nostalgic hype everyone has for this show.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

EugeneJ posted:

Name the bitter person who wrote this:

Tom Paine

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

That's a pseudonym

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I also loved Histeria

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there is no way for the original show to live up to the nostalgia hype broke-brain fuckwits who fetishize their childhoods have for it. nostalgia is poison.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I hope it's really dark and gritty. I wanna see some TITS AND BLOOD.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Hungry Bit posted:

I haven't even seen the Duck Tales reboot yet. Was it any good?

yeah its great

my niece and nephew love it, it's fun to sit and watch with them. it's a lot like the comic, and Donald is actually a main character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKSU82afy1w

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

EugeneJ posted:

That's a pseudonym

Obviously. That’s just Common Sense.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

hemale in pain posted:

I hope it's really dark and gritty. I wanna see some TITS AND BLOOD.

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Every good show that's gotten re-booted in the past few years has only led to disappointment :(. Here's to hoping they still got the magic.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Split Pea Superman posted:

Every good show that's gotten re-booted in the past few years has only led to disappointment :(. Here's to hoping they still got the magic.

Um perhaps you have not yet seen the crowning achievement of television that is Fuller House

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
It's going to be animated in Flash or in 3D and will be bad.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

i mean i grew up in the 90s but if youre an adult that wants to watch animaniacs in 2018 jfc

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The answer to my quiz above was John Kricfalusi

Split Pea Superman posted:

Roseanne has Norm Macdonald writing for it, so it has to be good

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I can't wait for the dark and gritty reboot of Darkwing Duck, directed by Christopher Nolan.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pawn 17 posted:

I can't wait for the dark and gritty reboot of Darkwing Duck, directed by Christopher Nolan.

Would unashamedly watch the gently caress out of this.

Let's get dangerous, motherfuckers!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Sid Vicious posted:

Um perhaps you have not yet seen the crowning achievement of television that is Fuller House

I'll watch Fuller blouse all day. Dunno what it's about

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Sid Vicious posted:

you joke, but that was the most faithful revival of a show so far. Full House was lovely to begin with, and Fuller House is exactly the same, but a lot of people liked both :shrug:

EugeneJ posted:

The answer to my quiz above was John Kricfalusi
there was an old front page article that was about how nostalgia is bullshit, and one of the jokes he made about John Kricfalusi was that you can make him poo poo blood if you mention Animaniacs to him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

It’s already hosed it’s already hosed it’s already hosed it’s already hosed

:same: and lmao

• Locked thread