Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Fat_Cow posted:

Never read the manga, just finished it. It was good, I have nothing to compare it to but I liked it

i did, but i liked this. gotta say, the face monster was a fuckload more horrifying in the manga though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

I feel like it was ok that the show implied it instead of having ryo explicitly lay it out. The pieces are all there and the parallels between what god does to ryo and what ryo does to humanity aren’t exactly subtle

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

MonsterEnvy posted:

Two of them backstabbed them. One of them (the quiet beatboxing one.) recognized Kakun's Glasses on Miko's stuff and assumed she killed him, which is what appears to have led to his betrayal. (I assume he was actually just killed by a demon at the Sabbath.)

This is unlikely. His half consumed hand is shown in miko’s proximity well into her turn to devillady. If he had been eaten at sabbath I think it wouldn’t have waited so long to show some of his corpse

Condiv fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Jan 7, 2018

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Squallege posted:

I'm totally new to Devilman what's the deal with the two moons?

it's theorized that the moon was formed by a large impact with something and the earth, which caused some of the earth's mass to be thrown into space. in devilman, clearly the assault of the angels was devastating enough to break the earth and spit some of its mass into space, which then formed the moon after millenia. after the earth got owned by angels again, the same thing happened but there was already a moon, so now the earth have two moons

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

man man man man man man man man man man man man man man

hu-man

Condiv fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jan 11, 2018

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Schwarzwald posted:

Not available in the US.

maybe this one is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3t6DbESafc

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

SMP posted:

Congrats to Netflix on the success of their first hentai.

No but really, this series fuckin' rips, even if I can't tell if it's good or bad. The animation and music is great, at least. I'm 7 eps in but I have no clue what is happening at any point. Its paper-thin plot and insane pacing are fuckin me up. Just a lot of shouting about DEMONS and DEVILMANS and I'm not really sure what the difference is but I enjoy watching them fight, I guess.

i am devilman

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

it's got a tiny frowny face on it's forehead. is it king crimson's dad?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Raxivace posted:

I think the cats are just a recurring symbol for persecution or suffering or whatever in general. Like the show starts with Akira wanting to help a cat while Ryo is content just to let it die. Its compassion vs. cruelty/indifference to suffering, and that idea just continues throughout the show in different forms.

It also makes the one cat that comes back as a demon all the more surprising. When the cat becomes a demon too, its when all of the oppressed are finally fighting back together.

yes, but who is the cat gay for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Crabtree posted:

We are never going to escape this time loop.

it's god's punishment

• Locked thread