Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Manga Entertainment dubs are unironically superior, and I wish they still did them.

I also just lol at turbo weebs who get upset that there are too many expletives in the dub of Devilman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Watched 5 episodes so far, kinda hate it.

The animation and direction, I don't think Masaaki Yuasa is a fit. Way prefer the grim, gross body horror vibe of the OVA. Crybaby is so minimalistic and sterile. Nothing has any detail or weight. Also why is the blood yellow?

The meta joke that the Devilman from the 70's is something that characters talk about in Crybaby is cringe. Not feeling most of the humor, a grimdark show can be fun in of itself without adding boner humor everywhere.

The side characters are all terrible, I don't care about Miko or Nagasaki or the Monk or whoever, like who are these people, why is so much screen time taken up by them, or sports news, or social media, I don't care, who even cares?

I do really like Akira and Ryos childhood friendship scenes, but the show barely goes there.

Still looking forward to finishing Crybaby because I know where the story is heading, but I doubt it's going to change my mind about the OVA being superior in every way, unless the finale is somehow spectacular.

• Locked thread