Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

So extremely dumb question, but was it ever established why any particular individual would end up fused with a demon? Sometimes it seemed like it required really elaborate blood rituals, but other times it seemed like you could just be unlucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

So if Devilman Crybaby was my first Devilman experience, what's the next thing I should consume? The manga?

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

It was a little weird because up to that point I didn't really have a feel for who his parents were so I didn't have much reason to care, but the freakiest stuff to me in the show was when people would just brutalize their loved ones like when Taro munches on his mom so it was still pretty effective.

Honestly, this show had me so drat shook the night I watched it. I hadn't done any research and was anticipating some Kamen Rider poo poo or something. I'm glad I watched it though. After having some time to contemplate it, I think it' sreally good.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Ccs posted:

The dads reaction to it really sold how horrible it was. It's just awful, because the kid realizes he's done a horrible thing but the devil is making him crave flesh so much he just eats whatever's nearest. Guuhh, that scene is revolting in a very effective way.

Yeah, the way he's cognizant of the absolutely terrible painful experience and yet he can't stop noshing is truly terrifying. I think that moment hit me harder than anything else in the show.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

About Ryo

I honestly just don't understand what the point is of him not knowing he's satan. He's believable as a manipulator, particular since Akira is so dumb, and it seems like everything he was doing is the exact same thing he would have done if he had been cognizant of his own motivation. Like, it doesn't really work as a twist or anything because he's clearly malevolent even at the best of times.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

The donkey noises aren't even the weirdest way Yuasa has expressed masturbation. In Tatami Galaxy, masturbation is a cartoon cowboy just havin' a blast, riding his horse and firing twin six-shooters in the air.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Crabtree posted:

I still don't know if he's Amon or Akira or some combination of them or some kind of copy soul or WHAT, WHAT IS EVEN GOING ON GO NAGAI?

Wait is Violence Jack a Devilman story? I thought it was completely separate.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

When Princess Leia tells Han Solo "I love you", he responds, "I know." Is Han Solo gay?

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

This might be kind of a stretch, but I regard the presence of a second moon at the end of the show to be an indicator that it's not all futile. This process repeats itself and ends with everyone dead or in despair, but each time it occurs, there's a visible and permanent change. If a piece of the shattered earth can remain as a testament to Satan's folly, who's to say some other lasting change could not also occur?

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

It's not Job or Revelations. It's the song of songs cause everyone's getting mad freaky and Miko can't stop thinking about the titty.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I hate this show now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Old Testament G-Dawg seems like an rear end in a top hat to me, tbh. Does that makes me anti-semitic?

• Locked thread