Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Was uhh not expecting the donkey stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Having checked out some old devilman stuff in anticipation of Crybaby(a few of the hilariously dubbed 80's OAVs and the mostly-crappy 2000 flick Apocalypse of Devilman, which is somehow even grimmer than this; ALL of which is on youtube btw), I was surprised how relatively straight of an adaptation it was, give or take some details and a whole lot of modernizing. Surprised to the extent that I'm left unsure what the Crybaby angle adds to things when all is said and done, beyond a lil extra sentimentality. Not all the emotional bits land, often by a longshot, but it's nice it at least tries to have a heart.

Music ruled, op ruled. I see you in those credits Kiyotaka Oshiyama, always good to see ya.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

All his best poo poo are adaptations tbqf. Yuasa is super uneven.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

I kinda liked the song better when I couldn't tell what the sample was saying. Still rules.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

an actual dog posted:

I just finished watching Devilman Crybaby and I'm a Devilman now.

I'm going to tell my wife I'm a Devilman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Still salty they didn't get Danny DeVito to play Devilman Pikachu smdh

• Locked thread