Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Weird tangent but Miki is half white now?

MonsterEnvy posted:

Maybe the planet was suddenly restored at the end.

Yes/No. The show acknowledges the Time Loop the manga series has

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

MechaX posted:

Luckily Miura said Berserk is not going to end on a totally dark ending, so there will definitely be some comeuppance there.

Of course, the main problem with Berserk is whether it will actually reach an ending.

Mirua has also said the series is mostly done...so maybe five or ten years

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Akira you mean. Ryo is the one who made everything worse.

Ryo was right about humans, most of us are dicks and hypocritical doomed to destroy ourselves. Demons not only are the native lifeform, but even if they are ruthless aren't hypocrites and are capable of love and honor. God also is pure evil.

Ryo did nothing wrong and I salute his future partnership with Akira after he turns into two lesbains who merge together, and then give birth to Akira.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

:catstare: that taskbar

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
I can't stress enough how much that ANN podcast take on this bewilders me, up to and especially the Go Nagai takedowns

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

what do they think about it

That it is a parody or subversion of the themes of the original Devilman and the sexual themes of the rest of Nagai's work.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Phobophilia posted:

none of it, ns is one of the shittiest gamergate posters and this is their mo

My MO...is posting JesuOtaku's take on Go Nagai somehow being responsible for Harem anime.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

dogsicle posted:

what bit of the podcast did you pull this out of? because i did not hear the words parody or subversion and none of them were familiar enough with the manga to speak on it comprehensively/authoritatively (and they didn't).

Someone on there had, did people actually listen to it? Admittedly he was talked over a lot, but they had a manga reader on there.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Smoking Crow posted:

let's make our own anime podcast

Six Bad Words

EDIT: It has been utterly amazing how free of dumb takes Crybaby has been. ANN and someone just people horrified with the surface level content aside, most of the reviews or articles on this series has actually devolved into the deeper subject matter like LGBT and anti war themes and how it's actually reflected into the show (for good and bad) instead of vaguely praising the visuals or whatever.

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jan 18, 2018

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Liver Disaster posted:

All devilmen are bisexual or at least gay, I don't make the rules

Fixed

Srice posted:

*Thinks about all the manga genres Nagai was responsible for starting*

haha that's just crazy

Yeah the joke is it's one of the obvious few he didn't. That's why ANN's podcast was bad

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Apparently, NutritiousSnack is a gator who tries to rile people up against stuff that they (and he) haven’t seen. So bear that in mind.

Same but I've clearly heard it and the defense is some vague 'he's a gator ergo'

C-SPAN Caller posted:

I normally get annoyed by killing your gays trope but considering basically everyone in the world but Satan dies and it happens so fast, I give this show a hard pass on being an actual example of the trope.

It also doesn't apply because 90% the cast is legitimately LGBT in some manner. That trope usually appiles to the fate of minor characters.

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jan 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
There was a graphic gay sex scene with the second devilman, so yeah Ryo x Akira were definitely not the only bi/gay people in this show.

• Locked thread