Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Compared to Yuasa's earlier works, this felt like a step back in form and technique.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
The only moral exploding sex people are my exploding sex people.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Satan made them all gay.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
In conclusion, Japan is a land of gaynstrants.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Okay, seriously, what the gently caress is "subculture"

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

dogsicle posted:

no idea but they produce and buy licenses to a ton of japanese live action dramas/terrace house. devilman was promoted super hard, up to them holding a real sabbath party last month.

Did they really need to re-enact the drug-fueled murders though?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

So, uh, holy gently caress, TVTropes just informed me that Go Nagai did a really faithful manga version of the Inferno part of The Divine Comedy. Has this ever been translated? I need to inject all of that into my eyeballs right the gently caress now.

When they say "faithful," they mean that he plagiarizes Gustave Dore engravings like a hack.

e: To be fair, it's something that deserves to be plagiarized.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jan 23, 2018

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Anime fans realize that the medium is strange of strange tropes they take as given, and in denial try to argue that yandere is a respectable storytelling tradition stretching back to Elizabethan theatre because Ophelia is mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Rinkles posted:

That ended on a bleak note. The original manga similar in that regard?

No. Everyone gets married and is happy forever.

• Locked thread