Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Was that loving Trump? LoL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
All right, just got done binging. This show is cheesy as gently caress.

And it played me like a fiddle.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

A big flaming stink posted:

It seems pretty questionable to just not include Ryo's regrets from that one page. the work is grimdark enough as it stands without further embellishment.

What are those?

覧覧-

Re God being evil remarks:
Its super easy to construct a narrative that God is actually good and cool from the elements provided by the story. I知 not sure how people are coming to that conclusion.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Relin posted:

petting the poo poo out of my black cat right now

also god was right to kill the demons

The true victim in this show.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
The CHAD bulge

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Quick derail: how are the Evangelion movies that were made recently? I think they are four of them, supposed to be a remake of the series? Are they good in any way? I'm always wary of remake, especially for something like Evangelion, which from what I understood had so much of it's atmosphere and themes born from the mess that was the production. I feared when hearing about the remakes a few years ago that they would clean it up in a calculated way that could remove the soul of the original serie.

How did it turn out? I wouldn't mind giving it a watch at some point.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Thanks for the recommendations. Gonna check out Evangelion this month probably considering them. And yeah, I saw the original show about 10 years ago.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
I just want to say that if I was God I woud lhave also said "gently caress this poo poo storm" and hit the reset button.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

the whole sequence with Devilman and the mob of people being stoned to death is one of the most genuinely loving beautiful and moving things i have ever seen in an anime

i was worried it was gonna end badly and then the line of people coming up to hug Devilman loving broke me :qq:

Thankfully nothing bad happened after that in the episode.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Bust Rodd posted:

I have never posted in ADTRW before but I saw on a gaming website this was good and I really love Evangelion and Attack on Titan so I was hoping for some surreal ultra violence.

This show has a lot of heart and soul and these characters are neat. I am not a weab but I am very impressed by the animation and soundtrack and the hip-hop dudes are so lit.

Also I知 only on episode 3 and Ryo and Akira both come off as very much in love with each other so I don稚 think getting a gay read is reaching, it seems very plain-faced.

Apparently this goes really far off he deep end? I知 very excited.

make sure to come back and tell us what you think about the whole show once you're done with it.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

DisDisDis posted:

I always had the general impression that most manga fans (at least who checked out the classics) had read Devilman so the discussion around Crybaby with regards to that has been blowing my mind.

You underestimate the abundance of us filthy casuals.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
It's me, im the huge weeaboo that works while listening to a crybaby's ost

(full OST except the OP)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMZ0L9_JbfI

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Buffis posted:

original content

Key words

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
I don't want to add to much to the L O V E debate, but I'd just like to mention that while in english there is Like and Love as words, we use Love for both instances in french, yet depending on how it's said and the situation, francophones know which it is. So I'm betting it's a "lost in translation" thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Compendium posted:

Hi guys what's going on-

:stare:

buttsecks

• Locked thread