Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Davincie posted:

people without a strange aversion for anything not recent

I mean it's not like I specifically avoided Devilman but I guess people just assume everyone knows about it because it's old? I didn't even know it was an adaptation of anything when it popped up on Netflix. I started getting vague memories of someone once mentioning it once Crybaby started referencing an old show but in those ignorant moments I was just assuming it was only another old monster of the week show (and that that was the whole of the property, since I think the 39 episode show is actually supposed to be kinda that?).

Waiting for that rerelease of the old manga, now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Endorph posted:

the word they use is literally, explicitly, for romantic love, in japanese. daisuki.

tbh when I first watched it I was only paying attention to the subtitles and not the spoken word so I could have seen it as not being romantic at first.

but then you pointed that out in your posts before this one and it made perfect sense.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

idk I'm also dense as hell

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

there should have been extra episodes to flesh out the free-style rapping

• Locked thread