Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Hi I watched this yesterday since it looked like it was 2d and not one of those lovely cgi Netflix animes. I wasn't really...prepared.

I have some questions...

1) What is the significance of the earring one of the rap guys gives to Miki and says it will protect her, then it doesn't protect her or Akira? Satan kind of gasped at it but I wasn't sure if that meant anything. I also wondered if it was supposed to be a parallel to Koda wearing his boyfriend's pendant or Miko carrying Butterfly's glasses, but I couldn't figure out what it meant in that context.

2) Did Miko eat Butterfly or did he die at the party? Was it his body or the rapist's she was keeping at her apartment?

3) This isn't really a question so much as a comment. I liked the show a lot, and short animes like this tend to be really tight, but I was confused as to the point of Miko and Koda. Miko never gets beyond "mad at other girl for being better at running, then in the 2nd-to-last episode (but also likes her)". Then she dies. Koda has the whole death of his boyfriend, then he gets a little restless staying at Akira's hideout and says gently caress it, I'll just be a demon to survive? Then he dies. I feel like there was some additional elaboration on these two that was missing. But maybe I am not understanding something. I really liked Miko's snapdragons turning into little skulls when they dried up (something snapdragons actually do).

4) Aside from Akira, are all demon-possessed people sinners in a very strict sense (Miko going to the party and being jealous, Taro sneaking on the computer to look at party boobs)? Are there any innocent people that become demons? Akira's dad said he wanted to eat his mom, but I wasn't sure if that was the demon talking or not. I think most people might say Taro was innocent, but I am trying to gauge the in-universe definition of sin.

Most of the demons seem to come from the party or other demon-heavy locations like the jungle, but I think Taro becoming a demon is trying to show that because of how humans reacted, demons are now everywhere. I'm not sure how Akira's dad fits into this though. Were both the parents "sinners" for abandoning their son?

5) This show kills 2 cats and 1 dog so I don't think I can recommend it to others due to its extreme violence. :colbert:

e: 6) What was the deal with that not-Butterfly guy in the clothing shop that tried to get the rappers arrested?

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Feb 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

And More posted:

Giving into your sexual desires during the ritual just seemed to awaken the demonic side in some people. For Miko, it is her repressed romantic love for Miki that translates into really horrible toxic relationships with men. This is why she turns into a spider. Black widows kill the male during sex. So, only a lesbian spider can have a healthy relationship. :v:

lol! Beautiful.

• Locked thread