Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I watched the two OVAs and now I think Crybaby would have benefited from some Foghorn Leghorn impressions.

"AH dont KEEL when AH EAT"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

100 degrees Calcium posted:

The donkey noises aren't even the weirdest way Yuasa has expressed masturbation. In Tatami Galaxy, masturbation is a cartoon cowboy just havin' a blast, riding his horse and firing twin six-shooters in the air.

That's pretty emotionally accurate at least :clint:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I encourage everyone in this thread to find your strong spider girlfriend and tell her you love her

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

tithin posted:

I read a few chapters of Devilman Lady

I regret reading Devilman Lady.

How bad could it possibly be? I thought. Stupidly.

I feel like my name is on a list somewhere now :gonk:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

This is perfect

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Well things would have gone differently if SATAN WOULD JUST TAKE THE GATDAM BATON

He would have but he was too busy trying to be a top

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
So I shouldn't have, but I'm bored and sick. I went and read the rest of Devilman Lady. It's so fuckin' weird, it's entirely frontloaded with gross poo poo, like you wont get through a single chapter without someone getting molested somehow, and then the entire back half of the series is just full of really imaginative, weird stuff moving the plot forwards and then it...just ends??!

There's a heap of stuff that get's touched on and then never brought up again, like cyborg devilmen or Sirene and Devilman Noir possibly being spliced together, or why there was a future tech city in prehistoric times, or why the guy from Demon Lord Dante shows up, has a huge, volumes long arc were he goes to hell, merges with the Demon Lord and then does NOTHING after he escapes. There's a short episode about people taking drugs to become Devilbeasts (which gives us mutated biker devils duking it out) and they IMMEDIATELY catch and kill the person behind it. Another arc about a snake guy ends with him getting away, but he dies anyway? And another has a guy turn into a devilman who is last seen eating scraps of food in a bin after escaping from Jun and never comes up ever again.

And...poo poo, look just don't read Devilman Lady. Of the 20+ times someone has sex in this manga, it's consensual like...twice. It has some weird ideas about gender, some terrible ideas on how to tackle\present child abuse (:staredog:) Jun never settles on being either a massive idiot with a heart of gold or a tough, competent devil hunter who lives only to fight.
Also for someone who seems to like human breasts so much, Go Nagai sure doesn't know how to draw them, holy moly.

Blegh, I'm kind of ranting, but now I'm on the other end of Devilman Lady I'm seeing all the ways it could be a much tighter and incredibly interesting story, with a bit (a lot?) of editing.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
The internet did it to him

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I'm telling you, he looked at too much messed up poo poo online and they got him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Comparing beautiful gay Satan to some ugly rear end Nazi child is fuckin shameful

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Mar 13, 2018

• Locked thread