Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
So to reply to this from the CE thread:

at the date posted:

Michael Wolff gets a bunch of second- or third-hand rumors, massages them, punches up the dialogue, publishes it as "now I don't know if this is true or not..." and then, absolutely 100% predictably, dozens of excerpts from his book are reprinted as sourced information. By the time it reaches the average retard like mlmp08, they're slurping it up as fact with basically no discouragement or disclaimer from real journalists. The journalists reporting the "excerpts" are using the same excuse as Wolff himself: we're just reporting on what Wolff said, who is just reporting what [anonymous White House staffer] said, who heard it from someone else, and there is no accountability anywhere.

e: To be clear, I am calling Michael Wolff a liar, because I can't imagine most of the conversations he reports with quotation marks around the dialogue actually occurred (or were reported to him) in the words he prints. That on its face just doesn't seem credible. Beyond that, I'm also calling him and his publisher unscrupulous for all the above reasons.

Now, there's no way that every single thing in the book is true-considering the personalities at work in the White House, 100% corroboration even by the best-intentioned reporter is going to be impossible. However, you seem to be dismissing the book wholesale, which I think goes way too far in the opposite direction-I mean, for starters, there's this:

https://twitter.com/janicemin/status/949005110671126528

The dude was physically inside the white house for months at a time with unprecedented access, and got a ton of on-the-record and recorded interviews. But most importantly, the book corroborates what basically anyone who's been paying any attention to this administration already knew: Trump is an ineffective and poor leader, the administration is directionless and listless, and the White House has been filled with infighting as different personalities have fought and failed to take control in the vacuum left by Trump.

In the end, the book might not be entirely true... but it's almost certainly not entirely false. And while I wouldn't want any Democratic candidate to campaign directly on the claims made within the book, I'm also not going to stop myself from laughing as the administration incompetently flails to try and defend itself against it.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jan 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/axios/status/949269660918337536

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

• Locked thread