Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Lpzie posted:

gg close thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
trelp

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
what the hell NC making me look like a FOOL. cuck state with sad weak voter fraud

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
FINALLY some real fraud. Apparently the staffer was promised a $20,000 bonus if the candidate won, then went door to door just asking for people's absentee ballots and filling them out herself. Oldest trick in the book!!!

E: lol it was actually a $40k bonus

Vox Nihili has issued a correction as of 02:07 on Dec 1, 2018

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
We can't close this thread, just a few days before we can start arguing about Bernie and Hillary again

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What was fraud

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Pomp posted:

What was fraud

NC-9 House race. Absentee fraud likely occurred in Bladen County. The Republican may have stolen the race outright.

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/sworn-affidavits-allege-us-house-district-9-election-was-mishandled/880454598

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
im shocked :yeah:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

:thunk:

Source: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-the-heck-is-happening-in-that-north-carolina-house-race/

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

some motherfuckas always trying to fraud by mail
-bladen

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Hope Kobach gets to the bottom of this one.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
the elections board might not exist after monday lol

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article222432185.html#storylink=hpdigest

quote:

It’s still unclear what will happen next week at the North Carolina State Board of Elections and Ethics Enforcement, but Republican lawmakers are preparing for “chaos.”

The board, as it’s currently constructed, has nine members, but in October a three-judge panel ruled the board unconstitutional. A stay in the ruling allows the board to operate as is until 11:59 p.m. on Monday. Lawmakers are now angling for a new stay — with or without Gov. Roy Cooper’s approval.

quote:

If the board were to revert back to the way it was in 2016, its lobbying arm would have to go back to the secretary of state’s office and ethics enforcement would fall under the authority of the Ethics Commission — which currently does not exist.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

so if im reading this correctly the elections board found massive voter fraud bipartisanishly so a conservative judge is going to dissolve it?????

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
nah the dissolution order is because the board itself is unconstitutional

it was formed as part of the series of power grab bills the legislature passed in an emergency session after the democrat won the governor's race in 2016, almost all of which have been struck down since

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

The Muppets On PCP posted:

nah the dissolution order is because the board itself is unconstitutional

it was formed as part of the series of power grab bills the legislature passed in an emergency session after the democrat won the governor's race in 2016, almost all of which have been struck down since

america seems cool

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Reclines Obesily posted:

america seems cool

the 2010 Gerrymander was a soft coup by Republicans

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
I'm glad this thread is still open so we can talk about the neverending midterms

NC did some voter fraud but fortunately it was only isolated to one county I'm sure

Everything else totally fine and cool in NC and in no way did voter suppression efforts affect anything because if you look there is one county that did do a crime and they will end up just letting it skate anyhow doing democracy

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Reclines Obesily posted:

america seems cool

they're strict constructionists, and they take article 4 section 4 of the constitution literally

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

What's the source for the details of the fraud, like the $40000 payment?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

how dare those commie migrant democrats stuff the ballot boxes for... republicans?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Thesaurus posted:

What's the source for the details of the fraud, like the $40000 payment?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/30/politics/north-carolina-election-results-delay/index.html

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

lol this poo poo just won't end.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Shear Modulus posted:

luckily florida's republican government has been around since jeb!'s time to help floridians from making too many mistakes

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Reclines Obesily posted:

america seems cool

North Carolina is a special and fascinating case here. Basically Virginia was recently enough transformed from red to blue with alarming quickness, and North Carolina has in a lot of ways experienced some of the same demographic change, and was becoming reliably purple.
Now the good ol' boys of a southern GOP state party are not ones to allow nature to take it's course shall we say...

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

some electroshock therapy might cure North Carolina of its liberal disease

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
succ

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article222495590.html#storylink=latest_side

quote:

The chairman of the North Carolina State Board of Elections has resigned.

The Washington Post reported Saturday that Andy Penry has stepped down as leader of the board, saying “he did not want his partisan views to undermine a widening investigation into alleged election fraud in the 9th Congressional District race.”

Efforts to reach Penry were not successful.

Penry, a Democrat, has come under fire from state Republican leaders after his social media posts on Twitter about President Donald Trump suggested the board’s investigation was tilted, they said.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

STOP RESIGNING

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

thank u, next

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

a true victory for decorum

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

hell yeah i loving love decorum

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

use the power vested in my position?? that's not very bipartiosan

loving WORTHLESS

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
The entire council is getting dissolved next week because it was ruled unconstitutional since the Republican state legislature created it to take away power from the Dem governor

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

the pixies - where is my spine

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

The Glumslinger posted:

The entire council is getting dissolved next week because it was ruled unconstitutional since the Republican state legislature created it to take away power from the Dem governor

they got it pushed back to the 15th but still lol

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
if the republicans actually get away with stealing a race, just like open and literal fraud in broad daylight, then i might finally be able to stop caring about politics entirely

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
the best case scenario is whatever state board of elections agency exists at the end of the month calls for a new election next year and the seat just goes unfilled for a while

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Anyway we're still loving counting in California lmao.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Ammar came pretty close but this seat is definitely flipping in 2020 when Duncan is in prison or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Vox Nihili posted:

if the republicans actually get away with stealing a race, just like open and literal fraud in broad daylight, then i might finally be able to stop caring about politics entirely

I mean it's pretty overt but in your heart of hearts you know it's always been this way.