Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Welp congrats super racist lady

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7fgB0m_y2I

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Overt racism couldn't even make this one interesting. Thanks Mississippi.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Mississippi: Quite Literally the Worst State™

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

StupidSexyVaultGuy posted:

Mississippi: Quite Literally the Worst State™

If they keep voting R then maybe they'll magically get less poor and stupid

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

pillsburysoldier posted:

If they keep voting R then maybe they'll magically get less poor and stupid

all the things that made liberals gasp about hyde-smith are unambiguously good and attractive for most white mississippians, even if they don’t always necessarily like it being aired out in the national media. it’s the blackest state in the nation so their primary concern is maintaining white supremacy above all else. insert that lbj quote

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
whole lotta classism in this, an lf thread

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
It's a show tune, but a show ain't been written for it yet

https://youtu.be/LJ25-U3jNWM

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
the currently unconstitutional nc board of elections has declined to certify the 9th district race, which the republican won by about 900 votes

http://www.wfae.org/post/nc-elections-board-declines-certify-9th-district-race-after-member-cites-unfortunate-activities#stream/0

quote:

The vice chair of the board, Joshua Malcolm, said he would no longer “turn a blind eye” to what he called “unfortunate activities.” Malcolm, a Democrat, dropped a bombshell.

“I’m very familiar with the unfortunate activities that have happened in my part of the state," Malcolm said during the meeting. "And I am not going to turn a blind eye to what took place to the best of my understanding, which has been ongoing for a number of years, and which has been repeatedly referred to the United States attorney and the district attorneys to clean up. Those things have not taken place.”

Malcolm did not elaborate after making that statement. The board went into session and then declined to certify the results. It cited a state statute that allows the board to “take any action to ensure that an election is determined “without taint of fraud or corruption and without irregularities.”

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I don't know what any of that means, but NC politics seem like the most hosed up politics in the nation

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
The midterms are finally over.... ?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
lmao such a Democrat word salad response these people are so conflict averse it's disgusting

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

The Muppets On PCP posted:

the currently unconstitutional nc board of elections has declined to certify the 9th district race, which the republican won by about 900 votes

http://www.wfae.org/post/nc-elections-board-declines-certify-9th-district-race-after-member-cites-unfortunate-activities#stream/0

lol that's my hometown and where my parents still live

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
is NC the state that attempted to strip the governor of all his power when the republican lost, and attempted to establish a partisan elections council which would swap parties every election season, with the republican session occurring during every presidential election year

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

logikv9 posted:

is NC the state that attempted to strip the governor of all his power when the republican lost, and attempted to establish a partisan elections council which would swap parties every election season, with the republican session occurring during every presidential election year

Don't forget they commissioned a study with the stated goal of figuring out how blacks vote, and then they tried to ban all the things that increased black turnout.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Stefan Prodan posted:

lol that's my hometown and where my parents still live

any insight???

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Al! posted:

any insight???

uhh idk it's probably corrupt as all gently caress!

to be honest tho it's a super gerrymandered district, what I meant is that it includes my hometown and where my parents live but they live in a super small rural (but blue due to being mostly nonwhite) town inside of a district that includes parts of Charlotte and Fayetteville also although that maybe means that most of the voter suppression was done where they live lol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

its also the state where a republican office burned down and a bunch of democrats donated a bunch of money to them in a victory for decorum and insurance fraud

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
This article is partially about the corruption in the sheriff's office where my parents live, and the author of this article apparently was staying at my house when he wrote it!! I don't remember though because I was 9.

http://www.maryellenmark.com/text/magazines/gq/906S-000-006.html

There was some Sherriff Joe type indimidation done to people I think but I don't remember the specifics

Anyway that doesn't really have to do with the election but that's the insight I can give about the general corruption level of robeson county NC

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Espy did better than any democrat in Mississippi since the 80s so :shrug:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

nooneofconsequence posted:

Espy did better than any democrat in Mississippi since the 80s so :shrug:

that's because David Duke was still a Dem in the 80s iirc

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

logikv9 posted:

no the election board was going to be run by republicans in even years and democrats in odd years

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Zoran posted:

no the election board was going to be run by republicans in even years and democrats in odd years

seems fair to me!! *votes bipartisanishly*

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Zoran posted:

Lol

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

PostNouveau posted:

I don't know what any of that means, but NC politics seem like the most hosed up politics in the nation

It means they all got caught, and they are going to sweep it under the rug and hope no one can ever finds out what they did.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Zoran posted:

lmfao

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Zoran posted:

owns

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Zoran posted:

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
How do they even pass "bi-partisan" laws when the DNC and RNC are private organizations and not officially the two main political parties?

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

Flavius Aetass posted:

How do they even pass "bi-partisan" laws when the DNC and RNC are private organizations and not officially the two main political parties?

gently caress you thats how

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Flavius Aetass posted:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
TJ Cox declared victory in CA-21.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
That's a solid 40 then, isn't it?

Pretty good.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

nice

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Zeroisanumber posted:

That's a solid 40 then, isn't it?

Pretty good.

Yeah all in all pretty good house results
Shame about florida

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Stefan Prodan posted:

This article is partially about the corruption in the sheriff's office where my parents live, and the author of this article apparently was staying at my house when he wrote it!! I don't remember though because I was 9.

http://www.maryellenmark.com/text/magazines/gq/906S-000-006.html

There was some Sherriff Joe type indimidation done to people I think but I don't remember the specifics

Anyway that doesn't really have to do with the election but that's the insight I can give about the general corruption level of robeson county NC

This is a good article, it makes the rest of NC look good by comparison

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Lawman 0 posted:

Yeah all in all pretty good house results
Shame about florida

The real shame is that people thought Florida would do the right thing

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Bogus Adventure posted:

The real shame is that people thought Florida would do the right thing

luckily florida's republican government has been around since jeb!'s time to help floridians from making too many mistakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
gg close thread.