Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

deep blue states aren't going to turn the tide. california is going to elect someone who sucks as governor, cuomo will be re-elected easily in new york even though i'd be hard-pressed to find anybody who's in the 62% approval for him, and as much as people like to play up phil murphy's progressive credentials in new jersey, he's still ex-goldman sachs (which ultimately bit jon corzine in the rear end and set the stage for eight years of christie) and beat a much better candidate in the primary

i'd say to pay no attention to anything that goes on in CA or NY, but there's still the matter of the state senate in NY, which is dumb as hell as things stand now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

get that OUT of my face posted:

deep blue states aren't going to turn the tide. california is going to elect someone who sucks as governor, cuomo will be re-elected easily in new york even though i'd be hard-pressed to find anybody who's in the 62% approval for him, and as much as people like to play up phil murphy's progressive credentials in new jersey, he's still ex-goldman sachs (which ultimately bit jon corzine in the rear end and set the stage for eight years of christie) and beat a much better candidate in the primary

i'd say to pay no attention to anything that goes on in CA or NY, but there's still the matter of the state senate in NY, which is dumb as hell as things stand now

This scenario is so plausible I can't believe it!

Really, gently caress the IDC

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the cali legislature is also a bunch of bad dems whose speaker of their supermajority killed the single payer bill in committee because of reasons

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i asked my friend who moved to Jersey City a few months ago about whether bob menendez has a challenger and his answer was "not really." that doesn't surprise me. even taking away his corruptness he's still poo poo. he's even worse than booker ffs

Over Easy posted:

This scenario is so plausible I can't believe it!

Really, gently caress the IDC
if you wanna vent, i made a thread dedicated to our state's wonderful politics right here

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
meteor 2020

heh

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
wisniewski couldn't even hit 2nd place and was owned by a police reformist for that title

my wishlist is for Murphy to at least succeed in his promises (reality: he won't or it'll be delayed for years) and Cuomo to be gone (reality: president Cuomo)

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

unironic belief that hillary will run again is a sure sign that one suffers from incurable succbrains

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Fallen Hamprince posted:

unironic belief that hillary will run again is a sure sign that one suffers from incurable succbrains
i think she's dumb and stubborn enough to do it but i don't think she'll win the nomination if she does

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

i think she's dumb and stubborn enough to do it but i don't think she'll win the nomination if she does

she probably does want to run again, but shes such a focus group centrist i doubt she would go against the popular sentiment of the party which is for her to gently caress off

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

they wont turn the tide because the vaunted strongholds of the democratic party are where all the most unlikable jackasses crawl out of

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

they wont turn the tide because the vaunted strongholds of the democratic party are where all the most unlikable jackasses crawl out of
a good way of boiling down my post to one sentence

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
she won't run but you're going to hear from her for as long as you live

heck maybe she might do a speech or two for dark blue-state Dems, she has high approval ratings for Dems and Dems alone

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

logikv9 posted:

heck maybe she might do a speech or two for dark blue-state Dems, she has high approval ratings for Dems and Dems alone
that's probably accurate and moderately less irritating than her running again

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

logikv9 posted:

if by speech you mean fundraiser that co-benefits the campaign of Data Consolidator Guy (D-NY) and the clinton foundation

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Shear Modulus posted:

if by speech you mean fundraiser that co-benefits the campaign of Data Consolidator Guy (D-NY) and the clinton foundation

listen if we don't consolidate all the data centers into a single building in new york, well that would just be a shame

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
pros: the building looks like this

cons: what else would they do afterwards? consolidate... humans? :thunk:

svenkatesh
Sep 5, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

logikv9 posted:

Of course we'll be hearing from her - her daughter Chelsea is going to run for President!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

logikv9 posted:

I'd bet money that when HW Bush finally dies we'll hear something cringe-worthy from her about how he represents a lost era of sensible conservatism or some similar bullshit.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

logikv9 posted:

wisniewski couldn't even hit 2nd place and was owned by a police reformist for that title

my wishlist is for Murphy to at least succeed in his promises (reality: he won't or it'll be delayed for years) and Cuomo to be gone (reality: president Cuomo)

his AG is cool

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I'd bet money that when HW Bush finally dies we'll hear something cringe-worthy from her about how he represents a lost era of sensible conservatism or some similar bullshit.

it's going to be that HW Bush did a lot to re-establish american leadership in the broader world after post-vietnam withdrawal

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Put all the data into one thing 2018

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

logikv9 posted:

pros: the building looks like this

cons: what else would they do afterwards? consolidate... humans? :thunk:

Verizon is turning their building into condos, so maybe?

See:

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Gringostar posted:

she probably does want to run again, but shes such a focus group centrist i doubt she would go against the popular sentiment of the party which is for her to gently caress off

actually i don't think she paid as much attention to focus groups this time around :thunk:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Lord of Pie posted:

actually i don't think she paid as much attention to focus groups this time around :thunk:

There was some article chapo did about how these centrist focus groups comb through hundreds of people until they find the 5 people in an area that support their worldview and use them in their focus group

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Lord of Pie posted:

the guy raising a "?" sign isnt actually undecided hes voting for omalley who they couldnt find a picture of

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Shear Modulus posted:

the guy raising a "?" sign isnt actually undecided hes voting for omalley who they couldnt find a picture of

he clearly meant to draw a banana and is excited for webb

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

Yeah, clear vote for Unidentified Man

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Business Gorillas posted:

There was some article chapo did about how these centrist focus groups comb through hundreds of people until they find the 5 people in an area that support their worldview and use them in their focus group

dosen't that defeat the purpose

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Lawman 0 posted:

dosen't that defeat the purpose

Almost like these orgs have agendas they're trying to push :thunk:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

really though i didnt know they had what appears to be an official after-debate focus group for the first debate (you can tell its the first debate because thats the only one before webb and chafee dropped out)

i did see at least one or two after-debate focus groups for the republican ones where frank luntz or some other guy was trying his hardest to coach the attendees into saying that trump had gone too far and that rubio or cruz or jeb! was where it was at but none of them played along

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Business Gorillas posted:

Linky?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

i think this is the one referenced but it's not exactly about combing through potential focus group members as much as it is about sanitizing the results of the focus group to fit the narrative

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/10/on-safari-in-trumps-america/543288/

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Mayor Dave posted:

i think this is the one referenced but it's not exactly about combing through potential focus group members as much as it is about sanitizing the results of the focus group to fit the narrative

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/10/on-safari-in-trumps-america/543288/

I remember calling them after this article and their media person gave me a bunch of bullshit about The Atlantic “misrepresenting them”. I procese to call them out for the bs and call them cucks. Felt exilerating.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its almost like the purpose of a focus group is to tell someone what they want to hear

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Crowsbeak posted:

I remember calling them after this article and their media person gave me a bunch of bullshit about The Atlantic “misrepresenting them”. I procese to call them out for the bs and call them cucks. Felt exilerating.

I Came My Pants Yelling at Someone On the Internet: A Crowsbeak Story

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
The republicans will win every seat then declare the Democratic Party illegal.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Democrats are going to gain a net +2 seats and declare it a huge victory.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bernie Jr. pls defeat the vampire Paul Ryan

https://twitter.com/IronStache/status/962753156609437696

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

god i love his twitter handle

edit:

https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/957965890355593216

get that OUT of my face has issued a correction as of 22:31 on Feb 11, 2018

Adbot