Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Azathoth posted:

the kind of vodka that has a handle built into the bottle.

Poser identified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The Nastier Nate posted:

I am calling it, Menendez will lose.

We as a society already assume most of our public officials are corrupt and no one is shocked when it turns out to be true.

What is shocking is that when Obama's justice department looks at the evidence against one of his biggest allies in the senate and says "sorry Bob, even I can't protect you from all this" and slaps him with 22 charges of being a corrupt piece of poo poo (under the new corruption-friendly laws). And he wasn't acquitted or found not guilty or innocent...it was a mistrial.

The GOP will win a senate seat in New Jersey and I'll laugh for 6 years until the dems find someone worse to run against Hugin.

He's gonna win lol

Menendez, I mean. Everyone is corrupt and therefore no one is corrupt.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

my local elections seem to be all succ except for one lady who is cool and running for our state congress in my small district

I stumbled upon a pretty decent young guy running for city council here, which was a pleasant surprise.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

cheese eats mouse posted:

our ceo's wife is running for mayor and i can't loving wait to vote against the she chud.

she claims to run our company and we have non existent benefits for families or women

Yeah, Hillary pulled this same stunt.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Can't believe it's only another 3 weeks until the midterms.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

iSheep posted:

whats everyones election night comfort food

Whiskey

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

just burn it all down

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Typo posted:

problem is that youth are such small number of voters to begin with chance are olds are increasing more than youth in absolute terms lol

Youth vote is so strongly left relative to the overall overall vote that you don't need huge numbers to move the needle. If the youth vote moves form an abysmal 5% to a seemingly weak 8% that's about two points of movement right there that probably aren't baked into the polls.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Stop arzying!!!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1059846836721201152

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Azathoth posted:

Rural polling in general is really tough because there's a lot more opportunity for a candidate good at "retail politics" to buck any kind of partisan lean an area may have and win by being a better candidate and out hustling the competition.

The upper Midwest also has a history of ticket splitting or outright preferring that opposing parties control the legislature and the executive at all levels that muddies the waters a lot.

Plus, how many pollsters are out there that actually understand and keep up with the North Dakota electorate? I can't speak for North Dakota, but in rural Minnesota, national media likes to lump anything outside the Twin Cities together but the electorate moves quite independently much of the time in various areas.

Minnesota is one of like 3 states where the rural countryside isn't blood red border-to-border, lol

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

vyst posted:

I unironically like the feeling of going to a polling station

Love 2 flail and try 2 remember which school board candidate wants to turn students into Nazis in a booth for twenty minutes

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

logikv9 posted:

*tapping on watch aggressively* time is money and money is power

Firs you get the time, then you get the power, then you mod the forums

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

juche avocado posted:

why is jealous gonna lose :( larry hogan sucks

what happened :(

Blue state Dems are infatuated with the idea of moderate bipartisan decorous Republican governors, now more than ever. Many such cases!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

YOU A loving HAT posted:

Hi I'm here for the politics

did anyone bring some politics and also some elections

Fresh out bicth

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

It's funny because today is going to suck major rear end.

I have to explain to my foreign friends why Beto never had a snowball's chance in Texas.

Just explain to them the concept of Texas and let them figure the rest out

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Nytimes currently has five, just five, election forecast needles in play. 3 for House, 2 for Senate.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
https://twitter.com/benchmarkpol/status/1059929654604259329

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Is some dipshit really concern trolling about vote-by-mail ITT on election night??? Mods??? mODS?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Thoguh posted:

That's Eastern time, not local time.

The wave of piss starts in Indiana and rapidly inundates the entire nation

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
I am calm.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
ITS MOVING

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
FINALLY MY loving PROBE IS OVER gently caress THE MODS

https://twitter.com/voxdotcom/status/1060048690247884800

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
on a scale of 1-10 where 10 is immediate suicide is ur only recourse i would put 2016 elections at about a 9 and this year at about a 7

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Tester currently up by 0.7% with the vote halfway in

currently flipping 0-1 house seats in all of CA

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Rocks posted:

as much as I wanted Beto to win there was really no loving chance

dems win house and a few governorships - meh good enuf boys

Dems are losing almost every race that was close or matters, senate may be out of reach for 2020 by the end of tonight

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Why would anyone elect someone that stole a billion dollars? It's pathetic that he will be remembered as a governor and senator.

voters broadly recognize stealing $1 billion as one of the greatest accomplishments a human can achieve in the united states

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

GSD posted:

have the libs been owned yet

yeah basically

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
nevada gonna be a dem pickup

MT and AZ 2C2C

best case scenario right now is 47-53

worst case is 45-55

Manchin will be a republican by 2024 btw

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Philthy posted:

Holy poo poo, evers just got over 38k more votes. Walker only 7k.

Evers got this yo.

concede bitch rear end

link?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Walker Death almost makes the rest of this miserable mess worth it tbh

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Elephanthead posted:

Oh hey Dems got 40 million to 30 million votes for Senate, checks results, Republicans pick up 5 seats. Cool Cool. Vote!

Dems are picking up Nevada and maaaaaybe Arizona but yeah the senate is a loving idiotic institution

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Typo posted:

I'm actually kinda convinced the senate will break the american electoral system fairly soon

btw trump is president

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Typo posted:

he was once considered likely president

instead we found someone even stupider

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

lmao both of the candidates are spooks

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

lmao put them in the goddamn ground

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Billzasilver posted:

https://twitter.com/mat_johnson/status/1060044120528310272

posting this again just in case. what did you all drink tonite?

lmao its gonna be quite a bit more than 9 million once the counting is done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Al! posted:

it was a pretty good outcome, scott walker got hosed out of the governorship, dems took the house, and a bunch of succ dems lost their senate seats. now theyve just got to kick pelosi out of her chair before she dooms us all

i mean, relative to the baseline expectation of a deec wave election, it was bad

relative to eternal death & darkness, it was OK