Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Despite their best efforts, the Democrats are going to make good gains this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dems win both chambers, but decide to create a bipartisan commission to form a coalition government with the GOP.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

really queer Christmas posted:

I want republicans to lose but I don’t want the current democrats to win

Welcome to the Green Party. Here's your Russian Passport and a complimentary copy of the hit film "Thelma and Louise."

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Texas Dems are notorious cartoon idiots who run into rakes and fall into holes.

But Beto is cool and should give Cruz a good fight.

Beto is running a real rear end campaign, touring the state and hitting underserved areas. Texas Dems don't know what campaigning is. The mere thought of having to run against anybody gives them the willies.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Texas has laughably low voter participation because A) people have resigned themselves, B) Democrats are boring losers who nobody wants to vote for.

Cruz is hugely unpopular, but he wins because Republicans vote, and Democrats/Independents don't vote. Someone like Beto, who is reaching non-voters and is exciting, has a realistic chance of winning.

I don't think the Democrats are wrong when they say that Texas could be Purple/Blue, it's just that they don't have what it takes to win.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Beto still dips into bipartisan, wonky bullshit and he is not an authentically lifelong diehard progressive like Bernie or someone like Raul Grijalva, but his recent focus on "Berniecrat" campaigning and policies is good.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's a good start.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jose posted:

I believe in the democrats ability to gently caress everything up

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Put all the data into one thing 2018

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Democrats are going to gain a net +2 seats and declare it a huge victory.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bernie Jr. pls defeat the vampire Paul Ryan

https://twitter.com/IronStache/status/962753156609437696

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

nah posted:

the democrats will lose

Inshallah

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
thinking real hard about the battlegrounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

An insane mind posted:

Can I ask why the GOP is slated to expand or keep its 51-49 lead in the Senate? I mean...how? They are consistently glib about how much they love the rich and hate the poor...how does even their own base not see what they're doing? Or does every American still think wealth is something that's on the horizon for them even with all evidence to the contrary?

The Republicans are really good at making sure people don't vote, so are the Democrats.