Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Schnorkles posted:

https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/status/949391580825378816

washington examiner and all, but that basically is brown re-elected.

better yet, Renacci (the republican chud the kochs were pumping dark money into) apparently got a personal call from trump to run for the senate seat

trump mightve cost republicans the governorship too :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Lord of Pie posted:

actually i don't think she paid as much attention to focus groups this time around :thunk:

There was some article chapo did about how these centrist focus groups comb through hundreds of people until they find the 5 people in an area that support their worldview and use them in their focus group

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Lawman 0 posted:

dosen't that defeat the purpose

Almost like these orgs have agendas they're trying to push :thunk:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Gillibrand has voted the most against trump out of any senator, including Warren and Sanders. If people really think she’s still just going through the motions or whatever because she’s secretly an upstate republican then every stereotype about left wing circular firing squads is true

i dont give a gently caress what she thinks as long as she is voting correctly

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

the people who make electoral political decisions at the old big unions are often professional administrators with no connection or accountability to the rank and file who will decide to back lovely-but-favored-to-win incumbents for fear of losing access. usually this manifests as backing a hillary over a bernie or this example of the illinois race from a couple days ago but i guess also apparently a republican (wtf?)

i don't know the local politics or Donovan this but if the choices for the union are between "republican they can buy and keep on a short leash" and "heritage-funded chud", they're gonna pick the former every time

edit: i was a little upset until i read it was staten "we're all cops" island

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Gringostar posted:

same thing happened in ca after prop 187 was passed

a poo poo load of hispanic voters suddenly showed up and started voting democrat the next election after they realized that republicans wouldn't hesitate to treat them as second class citizens and haven't stopped voting democrat

D&D "we're going to see blue texas by the end of the decade!"

*monkey's paw curls*

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Lawman 0 posted:

Turns out mitch lied

He can be entirely correct but it doesn't fuckin matter if they're outnumbered 4:1

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Ok yeah he's loving done :rip:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Kinda owns how whenever dems get a massive war chest, they seem to immediately squander it on overpolished musicals and stupid bullshit that doesn't speak to anyone's actual wants or needs

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Lawman 0 posted:

Ballotpedia

Ballotpedia is a good one stop shop for incumbents but if you have new people running, you're just gonna have to look at their website/social media

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

Except, this isn't the 19th century anymore, political movements and ideas can garner support across state lines, just like gay marriage and marijuana legalization or whatever. Don't most states offer several constitutional amendments on the ballot for each election? I don't see why altering the state's electoral system can't be one of them.

Initiatives work but at least in Ohio (which has one of the more robust initiative systems iirc), the legislature decides both the language on the ballot and makes sure the amendment is constitutional. Lol if you think they'll let something that destroys the two party system pass

Parlimentary systems are insanely good, but if we're in a position where making one is possible, we've already won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Shoulda named this thread The Polling Crucible