Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
lol if you really think the dems are going to make the country ungovernable rather than keep on trying to pass lovely-rear end deals that give the GOP 90% of what they want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Every single bad dem would trip over themselves to hail the ascension of the very sensible and good President Pence, followed by a thousand years of darkness.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Xelkelvos posted:

Crossposting some hot takes from the Florida thread

Where's the lie?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Xelkelvos posted:

Not voting for the Dems in a D vs. R race has never pushed the Dems Leftward.

Neither has voting for the Dems.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Get rid of the house and Senate and replace them with the committee of public safetySupreme Soviet of the American Union.

Fixed that for ya.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

PostNouveau posted:

The only Manchin vote that matters is the vote for majority leader.

In theory.

In reality the majority leader would be Chuck Shumer so it doesn't matter a ton. He'd probably STILL cut deals to appoint judges.

Chuck Schumer's biggest problem with Trump seems to be that ol' Donnie doesn't let him be a collaborator, so I think you're being a bit too charitable here.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
So correct me if I'm wrong, but the much-ballyhooed blue wave that we were assured would definitely sweep the GOP out of power ended up being literally a standard midterm election?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

WampaLord posted:

Watching D&D gaslight itself into "actually this election result was not only good for us, it proves that centrism is right" is some loving poo poo, I tell you what

You know that they'd have done that regardless of the result.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

PostNouveau posted:

They actually are saying there might be a ballot design flaw.

But it's not one that you can correct, it's one that makes the voter overlook the race entirely and not vote in it. It's unfixable in a recount.

Ah yes, a "design flaw" that you conveniently can't correct. What a whoopsie, am I right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Shageletic posted:

Still trying to figure out why the AFL-CIO endorsed Brian Fitzpatrick in PA, a Republican that has repeatedly voted against collective bargaining, instead of a progressive Dem.

Fitz won by 51%. We could have had 3 or 4 extra Dems from PA if unions had behind Dem candidates in that state.

The AFL-CIO is a collaborationist organization whose real purpose is to defang the Americal labor movement, and hence, when push comes to shove, they'll always go with the wishes of capital.