Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

get that OUT of my face posted:

about the only race i know where a leftie dem is pulling his weight is Randy Bryce in Ryan's district. i heard of this guy in NJ-3 named Kim but his credentials are a bit of a mixed bag

no idea about primaries though

ironstache is the extremely rare case where the good dem hit all the checkboxes of what the dem party wants in a candidate:
- white
- male
- veteran
- can credibly vocalize "real america" signifiers

so the dem party got behind him and not some data center rear end in a top hat without too much of a fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Fallen Hamprince posted:

tbh if the last two years are any indication trump will somehow mr magoo his way to a third term

is that a euphimism for the 2023 republican constitutional convention

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

in california the bad dem frontrunner gavin newsom is losing ground to even worse dem antonio villagarosa

i got an email survey a few days ago and did it because i was curious to see what it said and the final part had a bunch of pitches about how great villajarosa was and asked you whether you thought theu were persuasive

one of them was how he stood up to the teachers unions who were making education is los angeles bad and were blocking charters lol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

im probably going to vote for this lady

https://www.delaineforgovernor.com

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Over Easy posted:

I believe very firmly that there will be no winners in 2018.

fake news

we are all winners thanks to president deals

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the cali legislature is also a bunch of bad dems whose speaker of their supermajority killed the single payer bill in committee because of reasons

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

logikv9 posted:

she won't run but you're going to hear from her for as long as you live

heck maybe she might do a speech or two for dark blue-state Dems, she has high approval ratings for Dems and Dems alone

if by speech you mean fundraiser that co-benefits the campaign of Data Consolidator Guy (D-NY) and the clinton foundation

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I'd bet money that when HW Bush finally dies we'll hear something cringe-worthy from her about how he represents a lost era of sensible conservatism or some similar bullshit.

it's going to be that HW Bush did a lot to re-establish american leadership in the broader world after post-vietnam withdrawal

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Lord of Pie posted:

actually i don't think she paid as much attention to focus groups this time around :thunk:

the guy raising a "?" sign isnt actually undecided hes voting for omalley who they couldnt find a picture of

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

really though i didnt know they had what appears to be an official after-debate focus group for the first debate (you can tell its the first debate because thats the only one before webb and chafee dropped out)

i did see at least one or two after-debate focus groups for the republican ones where frank luntz or some other guy was trying his hardest to coach the attendees into saying that trump had gone too far and that rubio or cruz or jeb! was where it was at but none of them played along

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

paul ryan will be stached

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Gillibrand supporting the primary challenger is pretty interesting.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I could vote Gillibrand, if Bernie doesn't run.

Are there any 2020 dems who are even slightly somewhat critical of our global military empire

bernie

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

has gillibrand had any explanation on pulling a total 180 since 11/9 and turning into a steadfast member of the sanders-warren caucus? or for that matter her shift from centrist dem to the left wing over her career? it would mollify a lot of concerns (and seperate her from the clearly craven and cynical moves of booker) if she was able to convincingly say that 11/9 made her recalibrate everything, like it did with basically every dem voter

i think the only time someone with cachet called her out on her big ideological shift was when the bad dem crowd yelled at her for being the most forceful at demanding franken resign which was a very good thing for her to do but also so clear-cut the right thing to do she didnt need to talk about her "evolution" on an issue

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the people who make electoral political decisions at the old big unions are often professional administrators with no connection or accountability to the rank and file who will decide to back lovely-but-favored-to-win incumbents for fear of losing access. usually this manifests as backing a hillary over a bernie or this example of the illinois race from a couple days ago but i guess also apparently a republican (wtf?)

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Metal Cat posted:

Is Ro Khanna just an opportunist? I have read a bit about him after that Intercepted interview, and the issue seems to be that he received some questionable donor money, but he seems to vote/talk in a progressive direction in general.

pretty much.

he won in 2016 beating a dem incumbent from the left. he had run for the same seat against the same dem incumbent in 2014 and attacked him from the right using ultra republican rhetoric. check out this campaign mailer from 2014

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

talking about the 2020 election in the 2018 thread

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

zegermans posted:

why is it that the reps that own the most in their speaking are also the most hilariously corrupt, like guiterrez and waters

generally the people doing the bribing are going to not want to waste money and will bribe the politicians who can actually campaign and win elections and arent paper bags

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol i had a guess and was like "naaaw though thatd be too ridiculous" but lol i was right

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

yeah i didnt get that post either

for me its also true that in that situation the choice would be easy: warren.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

if cruz loses he gets deported back to canada. sorry ted but thems the rules

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Xaris posted:

u would be inflicting a war crime against canada

not cool man

the cruz family are deep cover canadian agents who nearly toppled america when they killed jfk

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Uranium posted:

My dude looks like a generic off-brand Virgil Texas.

looks more like johnny fiveaces to me

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the rich would sell us out like in they live

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the dems are loving up hilariously on nearly all of the districts where hillary won by 10+ points. for some hearty lols check out the polls in florida 26 and 27, and california 21

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 19:50 on Oct 13, 2018

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

a dem house at war with the rest of the federal government is gonna be fun

it would be undecorous though

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

is that crazy west virginia guy who killed a bunch of people and called turtleman cocaine mitch still running third party

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Not gonna lie Trump's downfall will only occur if economy tanks, his supporters wallets must be hurt that's all that can happen

the "trump voters getting owned by trump" featues discussion of soy and other farmers getting bigly hosed by of chinese tariffs and not being able to find undocumented slave labor but theyre bigly sure that trump will pull out a badass deal to fix everything soon lol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

yeah it's not a bad idea to not pull the trigger early in that situation

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

beto is a hundred times better than ossoff

beto actually talks about healthcare for one

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

if the US house was elected proportional to votes each party receives rather than first past the post in gerrymandered districts the composition right now would be something like 220-215 instead of the republicans having like 250 seats

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Texas isn't particularly a swing state but Dems constantly eating poo poo in Florida, Ohio, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and constantly getting obliterated in supposed safe blue states for governor elections is hosed up.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

pretending to be a psychotic serial killer really helps humanize ted cruz

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

it was their turn

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Typo posted:

lol @ democrats

ok our opponents are almost comically corrupt. how can we make sure that we cant use that to our advatage

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

maybe they technically can say iran is the largest state sponsor of terrorism since isnt the iranian military a designated terrorist organization

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i thoughtit was impossible for him to get convicted since the scotus changed the law that corruption wasnt illegal

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Typo posted:

subpoena kushner

they dont have the balls

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Soup du Jour posted:

one thing matters: teump

all else is immaterial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU