Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Frijolero posted:

Texas Dems are notorious cartoon idiots who run into rakes and fall into holes.

But Beto is cool and should give Cruz a good fight.

Beto is running a real rear end campaign, touring the state and hitting underserved areas. Texas Dems don't know what campaigning is. The mere thought of having to run against anybody gives them the willies.

Good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Frijolero posted:

Texas has laughably low voter participation because A) people have resigned themselves, B) Democrats are boring losers who nobody wants to vote for.

Cruz is hugely unpopular, but he wins because Republicans vote, and Democrats/Independents don't vote. Someone like Beto, who is reaching non-voters and is exciting, has a realistic chance of winning.

I don't think the Democrats are wrong when they say that Texas could be Purple/Blue, it's just that they don't have what it takes to win.

You gotta believe in a better future

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

logikv9 posted:

wisniewski couldn't even hit 2nd place and was owned by a police reformist for that title

my wishlist is for Murphy to at least succeed in his promises (reality: he won't or it'll be delayed for years) and Cuomo to be gone (reality: president Cuomo)

his AG is cool

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Business Gorillas posted:

There was some article chapo did about how these centrist focus groups comb through hundreds of people until they find the 5 people in an area that support their worldview and use them in their focus group

dosen't that defeat the purpose

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

I can respect a politician with no ideals that has an ear to the ground tbh. Its the core DNC types that will never stray from corporate conservatism that are the worst

Yeah that's what pragmatism should be all about

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

get that OUT of my face posted:

i heard that republican voter enthusiasm is almost at the level of democrats, which is concerning for both the congressional and state elections. never look at head-to-heads, always look at that

Turns out mitch lied

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Mordor She Wrote posted:

question for ya'll, is Keith Ellison a wife beater, I need to know if I can vote for him or not.

Turns out his wife beat the poo poo out of him op

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

An insane mind posted:

Can I ask why the GOP is slated to expand or keep its 51-49 lead in the Senate? I mean...how? They are consistently glib about how much they love the rich and hate the poor...how does even their own base not see what they're doing? Or does every American still think wealth is something that's on the horizon for them even with all evidence to the contrary?

https://twitter.com/dril/status/841892608788041732?s=20

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

Are there good sites for collecting info on candidates? I live in indiana ans I aint fuckin turning out for Donnelly but I might if there's a local race worth it (there probably isn't)

Ballotpedia

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Dems take the house and embarrass the poo poo out of Republicans in a bunch down ballot and gubernatorial races

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

We need to civilize the chudlands

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Typo posted:

Just make the US senate look more like the Canadian senate

it can delay bills from the house and send it down for revisions a few times but otherwise if the house wants to pass something it passes. Maybe let it keep its power to confirm cabinet/judicial appointees, but render it mostly irrelevant for legislations.

You and what army

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Typo posted:

lol @ democrats

Hugin has a shitton of momentum because of this garbage.
Menendez you stupid shithead

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Typo posted:

Tbf in 2012 cook also said hawaii senate race was a tossup but still gdi dems

Menendez is probably still gonna squeeze in but this is shameful

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

anime was right posted:

the worst part is despite the horrible corruption menendez, as far as senators go, isnt that bad lol

He lusts for Iranian death

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Typo posted:

I'm still miffed that he won his primary

No one actually ran against him op and he only got 60 lmao

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

anime was right posted:

yeah its incredible that a literal nobody who dropped out of the gov race like 2 weeks in got 40% of the vote against him lmao

imagine if one of the leftists that ran an actual campaign in the senate race opposed him

Weird how that always fails to materialize :thunk:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1058402938538876928

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1058421758053830658?s=20

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1058419425672609792?s=20
:chaostrump:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

just voted, now we w8

:d2a:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I canvassed today :)

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

It's incredible how bad these senators are

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

C-Euro posted:

Dumbass question, but is there a place where I can search for candidates/ballot measures in a given area and learn more about them? The local Dem org sent me a flyer about the Dem candidates running for office here as well as the main ballot measure for my city, but I feel like I should do more reading than just that.

https://www.govtrack.us/

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Gimme all the needles, straight into my veins and orifices.

Two polls out today with the dem advantage at +3 and +13 :chaostrump:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

the dems SHOULD put warren as their senate leader, but she's going to run for president (and crash and burn) so she wont try and take the position

She would actually probably be a good Senate leader

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

IT'S HERE

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

dems make guam a state bitch

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

brugroffil posted:

Waking up to Walker losing is very nice

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Schumer resign bitch

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Lock Zinke up

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Philthy posted:

lmao watched Evers victory speech lastnight

listened to the current Lt. Gov cry about recounting

Walker never got within 1% to be able to recount

Walker still screwed as of this morning

lmao

Hail satan

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Harlock posted:

FL Sen is likely headed to a recount

GA Gov may be going to runoff

Who knowwwwwsss

:chaostrump:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Vox Nihili posted:

Everyone doing a "this is fine" take about last night needs to take a peek at the 2020 Senate map and run the math on Dems getting to 50 seats in that race. It's going to be ugly.

Isn't that a good map for them?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

If Sinema pulls it out, the Democrats really didn't have too bad a night in the Senate. It seems plausible with the number of ballots still outstanding.

Even a Nelson win might be possible? I know you almost never win a recount, but I still remember Al Franken winning his first Senate race basically in the courts.

Yeah this plus tester means it wasn't a total Senate wipeout

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

2018 midterms: loving Florida

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Al! posted:

turns out there was a blue wave its just that voter suppression is super effective

Yup

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

Just lol if dems don't make voter suppression one of their key issues if they win in 2020. Republicans need to be prosecuted and imprisoned nationwide.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

KaptainKrunk posted:

ungerrymandering north carolina and ohio would make it really hard for republicans in their current iteration to win poo poo

I mean if you actually got that done the Republicans are loving done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Philthy posted:

I'm still amazed how many Democrat votes were cast in Texas. If I were Republican I would absolutely be making GBS threads my pants forever.

It wiped out a bunch of local chuds