Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

ScrubLeague posted:

well i don't think The Dems are running Beto, but Beto is running as a dem.

I haven't gotten any Beto emails from the Texas Dems, so I assume they're mostly oblivious.

cspam is a great place for adult americans with strong political views to learn what a primary is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

the race is tightening for some inexplicable reasons

my guess is that tax cut passage (end of Dec.) means rich Rs come home at least until trump drops the n-word during the SOTU or something. not super alarming this far out considering we can count on trump to keep trumping through 2018

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

the senate map is hellish for dems but fortunately they only really need to tie the house to make the country basically ungovernable until 2020. ryan has to fight constantly to keep his head above water with a 20+ majority. dem wins will come at the expense of a healthy chunk of moderate Rs so even if gerrymandering lets the GOP squeak out a win it will be basically impossible for them to enact meaningful legislation and a perfect recipe for endless shutdown crises. of course it's still super important to flip the house so they can do actual oversight on the white house's vast, mind-boggling corruption instead of people like devin 'release the memo' nunes

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Cerebral Bore posted:

lol if you really think the dems are going to make the country ungovernable rather than keep on trying to pass lovely-rear end deals that give the GOP 90% of what they want

it's not the dems that would make the country ungovernable, it would be the house GOP suicide caucus of which ryan would need every vote

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

there was some centrist blogger that succlords were freaking out about running in the same primary as bryce but i haven't heard anything about him for months now so i assume bryce is winning

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

LinYutang posted:

Doesn't matter how ppl wonksplain around it, people are gonna pay less taxes this year and they're hearing about Foxconn in Wisconsin

tbh if the last two years are any indication trump will somehow mr magoo his way to a third term

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

unironic belief that hillary will run again is a sure sign that one suffers from incurable succbrains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Crowsbeak posted:

I remember calling them after this article and their media person gave me a bunch of bullshit about The Atlantic “misrepresenting them”. I procese to call them out for the bs and call them cucks. Felt exilerating.

I Came My Pants Yelling at Someone On the Internet: A Crowsbeak Story