Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
1. FDR

based president

2. Reagan

3. Nixon

end of the GOLD STANDARD, architect of the drug war (a way for him to criminalize blacks and hippies), kept vietnam going by scuttling a peace deal because it served his political interests

4. Johnson

Great society (which ultimately failed) + vietnam (ditto)

5. Truman

possibly the first person to truly understand the real effect of the atomic bomb (ie understood that they weren't just another weapon, and was willing to tell mcarthur to go gently caress himself when he suggested nuking korea), began the shift in us policy away from isolationism to interventionism, started racial integration in the armed forces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
while i agree in a limited degree to the 'rubicon' nature of the trump presidency, i'm not sure that future historians will rate him personally as influential, because he's ultimately an object, not a subject of history

his election is an expression of an ongoing historical process, and his own presidency so far as been him being just a figure head for the gop establishment to do what it wants. nothign he's advocated has been outside the gop mainstream, and he's shown neither an ability or willingness to commit to anything beyond his own ego

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
wilson is hated for federal reserve + proto un, but that's mostly based on right wing brain diseases, i don't think there's much of a class case for him

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
also it was an execution ground, not a holding area

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
most europeans already live an american way of life, but with healthcare

• Locked thread