Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
Oh my god thank you so much I'm so happy to have a version of SALR for the new Firefox that even does this much.

However I've found a bug that I think was around in the old version too:
When you enable the single-post button, the time on the post wraps around to a new line and leaves a weird blank space after each post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
So I'm dumb and I can't find the file to migrate my old settings to the new SALR. I'm on Windows 10 in Firefox.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

astral posted:

Go to about :support and on the line that says "Profile Folder", click "Open Folder" - the folder that opens is where salastread.sqlite would live.

:kiss: Thanks again for working on this!

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Blinkz0rz posted:

Quote and Reply buttons seem to be broken in YOSPOS:

Must be because you've got the wrong color settings.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

So the quick reply / post window gets cut off if you're using the YOSPOS themes, so you can't hit the buttons at the bottom. Doesn't seem to matter if it's amber or green. This is in Firefox 61.0 64-bit.

EDIT: Occasionally the window loads fine, but I can't reproduce that. Almost all of the time it does what's in the screenshot above.

vortmax fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jul 4, 2018

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Quick reply and quote are still broken in YOSPOS. Everything below the text entry window disappears below the bottom of the Firefox window. I assume it's something to do with the special stylesheet, since it doesn't happen elsewhere.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

I had a screenshot in my previous post about it, but it doesn't always happen. I'm not running anything else that changes the forums, and I have noscript and uBlock installed but set to allow the forums.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

EoRaptor posted:

I get the weird post/quote window behaviour if I use the browser back button to return to a previous page in a thread, and the browser pulls that page from cache. I then either can't quote, or the quote window will not appear correctly. If I refresh that page, everything works correctly.
Okay I can reproduce it now too, but it also happens if I use the forums navigation buttons to go back and forward. Resizing the window and refreshing the page don't fix it, but if I close the tab and then reopen it everything works. Easy to fix, and now I know what's going on and why it only happens occasionally! (It still only happens in YOSPOS, but I don't go to any other subforums with special stylesheets.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

I think if you reload the page it fixes that