Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Am I imagining things, or did SALR Redux used to have a button that enabled live threading for chat threads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

astral posted:

I think I've heard about some other third-party extension attempting something like that, but it wasn't SALR or SALR Redux.
Turns out, I wasn't imagining it completely:

astral posted:

Hirez posted:

Is there any way to make a "live thread" reload button at the bottom to reload page then go to the last unread post?

Ie. for GDT threads in Sports forums, its kinda annoying going back forum then latest post. or just hitting F5 and trying to find out wtf you left off on... (especially when there's there like 5 pages in 1 second in some major play). I remember I had it before, I think I it was in the opera version :corsair:
If you enable the page navigator (SALR options -> Threads), the rightmost button acts the same as the 'jump to last read post' button from forums/bookmarks:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

oldskool posted:

i think you're thinking of SA Needful
I'm not, because I've never used a Chromium-based browser, and I've definitely had something that could live-stream threads because I used it for GDQ chat threads. :comfyoot:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

biznatchio posted:

Viewing threads as a live chat was something I had prototyped out for the original original SALR; but never went live with because radium was crying so hard about everything.
If you still have the code, and astral is okay with it, could you do a PR thing for it or just pass it on?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Now that dark mode is available, is there any chance that the quick reply modal can be changed to fit, and is it possible that the thread view can be updated to match the darker color scheme?

Also, the settings page might need a dark mode, but I'm not sure it's worth it since it get used so rarely.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Femur posted:

How do i turn off quick reply? I can't see the bottom and unable to resize box.

You can click on the Quick Reply text inside the box to effectively minimize it.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

This is just an incredibly minor thing, but on the single post view, there's two buttons to go back to the thread view.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

This is because we upstreamed this feature, SALR no longer needs to add this button. Turning off the option in SALR, assuming there is one, should fix it and leave you with one button.
That's how I figured out it was SALR and not SA itself - because when I turned it off, the single-post button disappeared from the thread view:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

astral posted:

They're discussing in the Firefox thread that the windows version's monospace font default changed from Courier New to Consolas, so that's probably what's happening here.
What do you mean they? You're one of us.

Aaaaand now I'm chanting that line like in the movie Freaks.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

In Firefox's about:config I've got the OIDs browser.tabs.loadBookmarksInBackground and browser.tabs.loadDivertedInBackground set to true, in addition to browser.tabs.loadInBackground defaulting to true, but when I click the "Open all threads" link (that I think SALR adds), it opens all tabs in the foreground (ie. switching to each one while opening them).

Am I missing some setting to make it open them in the background, or can SALR be changed to open them in the background?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I just noticed that when a subforum is locked but a thread in that subforum isn't, it looks as if the reply button is still shown.

It seems like a bug to me, but is it one that's easy to fix?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

astral posted:

Did you mean to post this in the technical issues thread instead?
I was assuming it was a SALR issue, but is that not the case?

If so, it's sort-of already been brought up over there, I see.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

qsvui posted:

I open the single post in a new tab using the "1" button under the user's av, then quickly edit the note. But yeah, I'm also wondering if there's a fix since it's been this way for quite a while now.
Even opening a single post doesn't help me add notes. :(

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

A datapoint I have is that even after shutting down Firefox, adding notes doesn't work - so I'm not sure it's a question of service workers expiring.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Looks like there's multiple people (including Astral) with write access to the github repo, and Master Odin is still active on the forums.

So it looks like if you file a PR, someone might be able to do the needful.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I've no clue what's happening, but my "Open updated threads" always seems to disappear when a tiny bit of time has gone by, but a reload makes it reappear.
Sometimes it also appears that SALR-Redux isn't loaded on the page when I go to reply, as it goes to the reply page instead of popping open the quick reply dialogue.

What would be needed to go about figuring out this?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

So I've put the results of the console in this paste, from when the text didn't show up.
And for comparison, here is the paste from when the text shows up.

I can't immediately spot the difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Double-posting, but to add to the above, updating to v120 seems to have fixed it?