Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

SALR is great and the only reason why I haven't gone from Chrome to Edge of all things yet. A tiny thing though that I noticed; when you minimize the quick reply window with live preview active, upon bringing it back up live preview is off by default. Is there a way to get live preview appear automatically again when you bring the quick reply window back up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is the issue with threads scrolling out of whack after loading due to tweets being posted on the page a SALR issue or a forums issue? Either way, it sucks pretty bad when you click on a thread and have it load to the first new post only to have it sling all the way up because a bunch of tweets were linked. :(

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Ok. It sucks and since it's the forums, it definitely should be fixed somehow.

E: I don't know anything about coding but couldn't the tweets be set to have priority in the load order when opening a thread or something so they load first then the rest of the page?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

iospace posted:

Radium. :v:

Seriously, you don't want to poke the code.

Dang, I guess you're right. We're doomed to play latest post treasure hunt for all eternity. :(

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Similarly I just went from Chrome to Firefox and there's no link to open all unread threads in forum view despite the option being selected in SALR settings. It's in User CP though.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Cool, thanks for finding out the cause.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Firefox SALR is terribly broken for me right now. :( I tried various fixes posted in this thread but since reinstalling Firefox I've lost the links to open unread threads in both bookmarks and forums and quick reply doesn't work anymore. Sorry if this is already known but I figured I'd voice my issues just in case.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

astral posted:

Did you already make sure it's not trying to hide the forum rules link (discussed in the last two posts if you need a pic of what the setting looks like)?

Yeah, I tried it both ways and other variants too just in case, along with the earlier fix (that did work for me at the time) of highlighting thread counts to get the links to show up but it didn't work.

E: And I unchecked/checked both of the "Display "Open all unread messages" link" too.

E2: Is there a way to clear all settings and do a clean install of SALR that I'm missing? In case signing into the new Firefox maybe brought all my old settings back and that screwed something up.

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Apr 5, 2019

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

These are the current SALR settings:
code:
{"topUserCP":"true","dontReplaceLinkSpoiler":"false","quickReplyBookmark":"false","quickReplyParseUrls":"true","hideUserGrenade":"false","enableUserNotesSync":"true","highlightOP":"false","dontReplaceLinkImage":"false","dontReplaceVineSpoiler":"false","showLastThreePagesThread":"true","imageLinkHoverShowURL":"true","bottomNavBar":"false","replaceImagesLink":"false","highlightModAdminUsername":"false","ignoreBookmarkStarRed":"false","topLogout":"false","enableUserNotes":"true","topPurchaseAva":"true","topPurchaseArchives":"true","quickReplyFormat":"true","enableQuickReply":"true","setImageTooltipHideSourceUrl":"true","darkRead":"#bbccdd","highlightOwnUsername":"true","preventAdjust":"true","imageLinkHoverNWS":"true","retinaImages":"false","fixUserCPFont":"true","imageLinkHover":"false","topSALink":"true","highlightSelf":"false","topPurchaseUsername":"true","boxQuotes":"false","displayConfigureSalr":"true","expandBreadcrumbs":"false","collapseTldrQuotes":"false","showLastThreePages":"false","displayNewPostsFirstUCP":"true","openAllForumUnreadLink":"true","MouseActiveContext":"false","qneProtection":"true","showNavigation":"true","topNavBar":"true","topPrivMsgs":"true","dontReplaceLinkRead":"false","inlineVideo":"false","topSAForums":"true","hidePostButtonInThread":"false","displayNewPostsFirst":"true","fixImgurLinks":"false","inlineWemAutoplay":"true","showLastThreePagesForum":"true","topSaclopedia":"true","topPurchaseSticky":"false","lightRead":"#ddeeff","topPurchaseEmoticon":"false","highlightFriends":"false","openAllUnreadLink":"true","enableSinglePost":"true","adjustAfterLoad":"true","topGloryhole":"true","ignoreBookmarkStarYellow":"false","inlineWebm":"false","hideGarbageDick":"true","inlineVine":"false","topLepersColony":"true","displayNewPostsFirstForum":"true","highlightAdminColor":"#ff7256","topForumRules":"false","displayCustomButtons":"false","enableThreadNotes":"false","ignoreForumStarGold":"false","highlightFriendsColor":"#f2babb","dontReplaceVineNWS":"false","salrInitialized":"true","highlightOPColor":"#fff2aa","ignoreForumStarYellow":"false","topSupport":"false","enableMouseMenu":"false","highlightModeratorColor":"#b4eeb4","darkNewReplies":"#bae8ba","enableSAARSLink":"true","quickReplyDisableSmilies":"false","userNotesLocal":"null","enableMouseGestures":"false","restrictImagePxH":"800","replaceImagesReadOnly":"false","userQuote":"#a2cd5a","usernameHighlight":"#9933ff","topPurchaseGiftCert":"false","salrLogoHide":"true","enableToggleUserAvatars":"true","showPurchases":"true","removeOwnReport":"true","setImageTooltipHideExtension":"true","setImageTooltipSkipEmoticons":"true","topSearch":"true","username":"Stare-Out","restrictImageSize":"false","dontReplaceLinkNWS":"false","saveUserNotes":"true","enableMouseUpUCP":"false","showUserAvatarImage":"true","whoPostedHide":"false","ignoreBookmarkStarGold":"false","highlightSelfColor":"#f2babb","inlinePostCounts":"false","topPurchaseBannerAd":"false","highlightModAdmin":"false","showLastThreePagesUCP":"true","highlightOwnQuotes":"false","ignoreForumStarNone":"false","usernameCase":"false","dontReplaceWebmNWS":"false","topPurchaseAcc":"false","showEditBookmarks":"false","fixCancer":"true","ignoreForumStarRed":"false","searchThreadHide":"false","replaceImagesWithLinks":"false","quickReplyYoutube":"true","displayPageNavigator":"false","showUserAvatar":"true","setImageTooltip":"false","displayMods":"false","enableKeyboardShortcuts":"false","replaceLinksWithImages":"false","quickReplyEmotes":"true","topPurchaseNoAds":"false","quickReplyLivePreview":"false","youtubeHighlight":"#ffcccc","imageLinkHoverShowFilename":"false","threadCaching":"false","loadNewWithLastPost":"true","dontReplaceWebmSpoiler":"false","imageLinkHoverSpoiler":"true","hideAdvertisements":"true","highlightThread":"true","quickReplySignature":"false","setImageTooltipBlankOnly":"true","lightNewReplies":"#afdbaf","topPurchasePlat":"false","postsPerPage":"default","imageLinkHoverDelay":"0","restrictImagePxW":"800"}

As for the console thing, this is what I get on every page:

code:
Loading failed for the <script> with source “[url]https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=UA-33089744-1”.[/url] forumdisplay.php:1:1
JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.0 jquery-migrate.min.js:2:542
ReferenceError: twemoji is not defined[Learn More] forums.combined.js:3:1
JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 3.0.1 jquery-migrate-3.0.1.min.js:33:9
Loading failed for the <script> with source “[url]https://cdn.taboola.com/libtrc/somethingawful1/loader.js”.[/url] forumdisplay.php:1:1
Loading failed for the <script> with source “[url]https://d31qbv1cthcecs.cloudfront.net/atrk.js”.[/url] forumdisplay.php:1:1
Loading failed for the <script> with source “[url]https://edge.quantserve.com/quant.js?_=1554545360847”.[/url] forumdisplay.php:1:1

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Was just about to ask if SALR added one or two of them, quick work, thanks!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I use the SA dark mode addon thing for Firefox but it doesn't fully play well with SALR, particularly with the quick reply box which is still blindingly white.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Crossposting from the Technical Thread, this seems to be a SALR issue:

Stare-Out posted:

Pasting (both CTRL+V and right click -> paste) a direct link to a playlist gives you this in the reply field
code:
[video type="youtube"]playlist[/video]

The link itself is like this
code:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=XXXXXXXXX

The X's being the chosen playlist.

E: Just realized it's SALR. :doh: Specifically the "Enable auto-formatting of image and youtube pastes" option which can't diffrentiate between video and playlist links.

It only seems to affect the quick reply box, though. Going to SA's own reply form formats the link as-is.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Okay, cool. I only noticed this issue fairly recently (and just chalked it up to somehting I was doing wrong) so it probably does have something to do with the changes to the forums themselves of late.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Hah, welp. :haw: It's easy to see how this snuck under the radar though.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Sweet, thanks!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

After the update, I had the "Hide Avatar" and "Edit Note" buttons appear twice on each post but disabling and re-enabling them from the settings fixed it, but the "Open unread threads" option is gone again from forum view and that doesn't come back like the buttons do. The option is still in User CP though.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Yeah it's sorted now, figured I'd report it in case it was some weird, new behavior. I remember the "Open updated threads" thing vanishing before too but I can't remember how I got it back.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

All the settings stayed the same with the update but I unchecked and re-checked them both but only the User CP one works while Forum Display doesn't appear at all.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Ah, drat. Too bad but it's more of a convenience so not a huge deal in the end. I'll keep messing with the settings to see if something shakes loose though.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Minor, minor thing, but I noticed if you use the browser to go back to a previous page, quick reply doesn't work. A refresh fixes it though.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Javid posted:

Can we get a checkbox to remove this?

There's nothing between PMs and forum rules in my options so I assume this link is new

You can adblock it.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The Quick Reply box is BLINDING ME

E: in dark mode

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Thanks for the Quick Reply box update!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

That reminded me of a classic bug where if you minimize the quick reply window the live preview gets unchecked when you pop it back up. Obviously not a big deal but I remember mentioning it ages ago.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Weird little bug I found where pressing the text (T) or the smiley button in quick reply popped the little window to the right of the quick reply box instead of the left and it didn't completely go away on the second press. I can't seem to reproduce it but it happened.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

SALR seems to have stopped working entirely in the past few hours. I didn't touch its settings nor did I tinker with Firefox in any way. I tried restarting the browser, de-, and re-activating SALR but no dice. Something happen with the forums themselves?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I figured it wouldn't affect the extension but then again, what do I know about this stuff.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

The only thing that happened with the forums themselves is the system message appearing and the purchase links up top going from "secure.somethingawful" to "store.somethingawful".

Well this is curious.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

It seems to be half working in Chrome and not at all in Firefox.

(my posts not being in glorious purple is disturbing me)

Okay so it's not just me, that's good to know.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

astral posted:

I’d bet it’s looking for the secure. links for its hide header settings and has poor error handling. Try disabling the hiding of those and see if it works.

Doing that brought back the "Open updated threads" in the User CP but quick reply box is still gone for me.

E: Nevermind, I had to re-enable it and give it imgur permission and now it works again.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Hey, thanks!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Am I nuts or did the font in the quick reply box change?

E: It looks like Console now.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

astral posted:

They're discussing in the Firefox thread that the monospace font default changed from Courier New to Consolas, so that's probably what's happening here.

Ahh that would make sense. Looks weird but no big deal I guess.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Minor issue, on Firefox the User CP "Open updated threads" link dies if you leave the tab for a while.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

astral posted:

Guessing that's a caching or forward/back thing; hitting 'reload' ought to restore its functionality.

The link retains its behavior as a link, just clicking it does nothing. But reloading fixes it, yeah. Like I said, a minor issue.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

qsvui posted:

I remember this didn't happen until relatively recently. Is this due to something in a Firefox update?

I'd say that's highly likely, yeah.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Here's one; I'm on a laptop and using the live preview with quick reply the live preview window gets cut off. Are there any scaling options for it?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Can you please have the preview window adjust to smaller viewports or whatever? It's pretty much useless on my laptop when the text appears somewhere behind the address bar now.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Live preview is still useless on my laptop because it vanishes mostly behind the address bar of the browser right now, but in addition the "Open updated threads" link in the User CP dies and does nothing if the tab is not focused on for a minute or so.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Master_Odin posted:

What's the resolution / size of your laptop screen?

1920x1080 / 15"

I think W11 has zoomed or scaled things up a bit too, it just looks like the quick reply/live preview window didn't get the memo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Also a semi-follow-up to the "Open updated threads" link, it just vanished entirely from my User Cp lol

E: And now it's back. What.

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Aug 27, 2023