Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

astral posted:

It's not possible to create top-level menus with WebExtensions, unfortunately. I'm not happy about it.

However, there's a separate toolbar button extension that should approximate that behavior. It's not signed yet, so you have to download it at: : https://bintray.com/salr/salr-firefox/download_file?file_path=salr-chrome-button.zip then you can go to about :debugging and load it as a temporary extension.

Still needs a lot of cleanup and it will eventually get merged into the main extension.

e: Okay looking into this it's just the same thing, but I guess on Chrome they don't give you the same power over where you put toolbar buttons (only user choices seem to be on toolbar or hidden in chrome menu) so the choice was made to have a separate extension to give users the option to have or not have it. I can just change that to a browser action on Firefox since the user can put the icon wherever they want, including "not on the UI".

e2: New version on a.m.o changed to a browser action and no longer needs the separate button extension.

You and Serfer are champs and I appreciate you making the time where I couldn't to get this done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU