Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

~Coxy posted:

Is there any way for you to avoid the keyboard navigation shortcuts being invoked when the user types a browser chord?

i.e. Control+F jumps to first post on the current page.

astral posted:

Looks like a bug; thanks for the report!

edit: I can't actually reproduce this anymore on Nightly, so I'm guessing something got fixed on the Firefox side or something.

I'm getting this on firefox 63 b9 (latest developer edition), was the nightly then further along than the developer edition is now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

with keyboard nav enabled typing hjkl in the new "search thread" box will switch pages.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

If I have the something awful link disabled in the nav menu links then keyboard shortcuts don't work anymore and there's a console error from salr.js

windows 10, firefox 118.0.1

If i toggle that one checkbox then the keyboard shortcuts work again

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I had some weird font issues so I switched to a new firefox profile and consequently reconfigured salr (yes i know about copying the settings string etc but i just don't remember.)

anyways, enabling the " Highlight thread counts in yellow if you've posted there before" seems to cause the "Open updated threads" link to disappear for me.

in the console i get "TypeError: window.openDatabase is not a function" from post-history.js