Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

that's by design to stop your bad posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

is it possible for this extension to have a "click to play" for GIFs like the awful.app does? some of the new trendy glitchy avatars are giving me migraines :(

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Feature request: make the "edit note" button and usernotes display available on the userinfo and newreply pages as well as showthread?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Through process of elimination (disabling one extension at a time) I've determined that SALR is causing my SA tabs to hang/crash. I'd say about 80% of the time I load a thread, FirefoxCP Web Content will balloon to 1 - 2 GB of memory and the mouse cursor will pinwheel. This lasts until the tab crashes or I force quit FirefoxCP Web Content or Firefox.

Mac OS Catalina (10.15.7), Firefox 83, SALR 2.2.4. This started happening after I upgraded to Catalina on Sunday.

MOZ_CRASH Reason (Sanitized) MOZ_CRASH(OOM)
Crash Reason EXC_BAD_ACCESS / KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS

What info do you need from me to troubleshoot? FWIW I'd say I have a lot of data in userNotesLocal (it's about 133,000 characters) and all my settings and notes are stored locally.

E: I closed all my SAwf tabs, exported my SALR settings JSON, removed all the userNotesLocal from the export, imported the noteless settings, and relaunched Firefox. Opened a fresh SAwf tab, and it crashes.

E2: I uninstalled SALR, relaunched Firefox, and browsed the forums a bit. No hangs. Then I installed SALR from the mozilla store, clicked back over to my only other tab - an open thread - and Firefox hung. Even using default out-of-the-box settings (pasted below) and before I refreshed the tab.

quote:

code:
{"highlightOP":"false","quickReplyBookmark":"false","ignoreBookmarkStarCyan":"false","quickReplyParseUrls":"true","highlightThread":"false","enableUserNotesSync":"true","ignoreForumStarGreen":"false","dontReplaceLinkImage":"false","dontReplaceVineSpoiler":"false","showLastThreePagesThread":"true","topPurchaseEmoticon":"true","ignoreBookmarkStarRed":"false","bottomNavBar":"true","replaceImagesLink":"false","highlightModAdminUsername":"false","enableThreadNotes":"false","topLogout":"true","enableMouseGestures":"false","imageLinkHoverShowURL":"true","enableUserNotes":"true","topPurchaseAva":"true","usernameCase":"false","quickReplyFormat":"true","topSAForums":"true","hideUserAvatar":"false","darkRead":"#bbccdd","highlightOwnUsername":"false","showLastThreePagesForum":"true","dontReplaceLinkSpoiler":"false","MouseActiveContext":"false","imageLinkHoverNWS":"true","retinaImages":"false","fixUserCPFont":"false","topSALink":"true","highlightSelf":"false","topPurchaseUsername":"true","boxQuotes":"false","displayConfigureSalr":"true","expandBreadcrumbs":"false","topUserCP":"true","topPurchasePlat":"true","setImageTooltipHideExtension":"true","topPrivMsgs":"true","displayPageNavigator":"true","qneProtection":"false","showNavigation":"true","highlightModAdmin":"false","dontReplaceLinkRead":"false","inlineVideo":"false","enableQuickReply":"true","hidePostButtonInThread":"false","displayNewPostsFirst":"false","fixImgurLinks":"true","setImageTooltipHideSourceUrl":"true","searchThreadHide":"false","collapseTldrQuotes":"false","topPurchaseSticky":"true","lightRead":"#ddeeff","hideUserAvatarImage":"false","highlightFriends":"false","openAllUnreadLink":"true","usernameHighlight":"#9933ff","adjustAfterLoad":"true","ignoreForumStarNone":"false","ignoreBookmarkStarYellow":"false","hideGarbageDick":"false","inlineVine":"false","topLepersColony":"true","displayNewPostsFirstForum":"true","highlightAdminColor":"#ff7256","topForumRules":"true","displayCustomButtons":"true","topNavBar":"true","ignoreForumStarGold":"false","highlightFriendsColor":"#f2babb","dontReplaceVineNWS":"false","salrInitialized":"true","ignoreBookmarkStarGreen":"false","highlightOPColor":"#fff2aa","ignoreForumStarYellow":"false","displayNewPostsFirstUCP":"true","topSupport":"true","enableMouseMenu":"false","highlightModeratorColor":"#b4eeb4","darkNewReplies":"#cfdfcf","enableSAARSLink":"true","quickReplyDisableSmilies":"false","preventAdjust":"false","restrictImagePxH":"800","replaceImagesReadOnly":"false","whoPostedHide":"false","topPurchaseArchives":"true","enableToggleUserAvatars":"true","showPurchases":"true","removeOwnReport":"true","topGloryhole":"true","setImageTooltipSkipEmoticons":"true","topSearch":"true","username":"","restrictImageSize":"false","dontReplaceLinkNWS":"false","ignoreForumStarCyan":"false","enableMouseUpUCP":"false","ignoreBookmarkStarGold":"false","highlightSelfColor":"#f2babb","inlinePostCounts":"false","topPurchaseBannerAd":"true","salrLogoHide":"false","showLastThreePagesUCP":"true","highlightOwnQuotes":"false","imageLinkHover":"false","imageLinkHoverSpoiler":"true","ignoreForumStarLavender":"false","showLastThreePages":"false","topPurchaseAcc":"true","showEditBookmarks":"false","fixCancer":"true","ignoreForumStarRed":"false","ignoreBookmarkStarLavender":"false","hideUserGrenade":"false","replaceImagesWithLinks":"false","quickReplyYoutube":"true","setImageTooltip":"false","openAllForumUnreadLink":"true","displayMods":"false","enableKeyboardShortcuts":"false","replaceLinksWithImages":"false","quickReplyEmotes":"true","topPurchaseNoAds":"true","quickReplyLivePreview":"false","youtubeHighlight":"#ffcccc","imageLinkHoverShowFilename":"false","threadCaching":"false","loadNewWithLastPost":"true","topSaclopedia":"true","userQuote":"#a2cd5a","hideAdvertisements":"false","topPurchaseGiftCert":"true","quickReplySignature":"false","setImageTooltipBlankOnly":"true","lightNewReplies":"#e1f1e1","postsPerPage":"default","imageLinkHoverDelay":"0","restrictImagePxW":"800","enableSinglePost":"true"}

he;lp, my life won't be worth living without SALR

ChickenOfTomorrow fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Nov 19, 2020

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

he;lp, my life won't be worth living without SALR

I fully uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox and that seems to have fixed it? Weird problem.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

I fully uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox and that seems to have fixed it? Weird problem.

Nope! It's doing it again. Please let me know what info you need from me to diagnose this memory-gobbling problem.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

I tried with a fresh profile with only SALR installed and as soon as i enable the extension and load a forum page, memory use skyrockets and firefox hangs until the tab crashes. Without the extension enabled this doesn't happen when i load forum pages (proven by the fact I can load the page in order to post this reply).

ChickenOfTomorrow fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jan 8, 2021

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

I'm also having the same problem and I figured it's something to do with my privacy settings. I prefer it this way.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

well also some of us don't use Firefox accounts

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Zesty posted:

While I'm bumping the thread, sometimes I can't add a note to someone, especially if the webpage has been open for more than 10 seconds. The "Ok" and "Delete" buttons just don't work at all. Is there a fix? Just refreshing as a workaround.

This also happens to me almost every time i try to add or edit or delete a note. It seems to be related to having the page open longer than 5 - 10 seconds before I interact with the user note stuff. I dislike it. Is refreshing really the only solution?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

so how does one stop a service worker from expiring